Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

I am looking for thoughts on this coming season in the SEC of Indiana high school football. I think things are shaping up to be possibly the most competitive year in a long time. I am not sure what team is the front runner at this point. Here are my thoughts about some possibilities. I will list in alphabetical order.

ATTICA will probably struggle with numbers. If they had more depth they would challenge more. The WRC is better when the Ramblers are good.

COVINGTON is looking for a new coach again. I will have to chalk this up to having to face three hall of fame coaches every year. The WRC grind is no joke. Be careful what you wish for, because Travis Brown faced the gauntlet down every year and managed to put together competitive teams in spite of it. Travis Brown sports beach balls in his trousers.

FOUNTAIN CENTRAL is steadily improving. Coach Hall gets credit for not being afraid to lose and if he gets things back to the Mustang standard he should be awarded a lifetime contract and free soup for life. It is one thing to rebuild a program, but to do it in the SEC of Indiana is nearly unfathomable. 

NORTH VERMILLION hit the ground in 2020. Time will tell if there is anything left there. Do the Falcons get up off of the mat in 2021 or is it just Glory Days now in the land between the rivers? How the mighty have fallen. 

PARKE HERITAGE tick tick tick tick tick..........how much time is left on the clock for the Wolfs to capitalize on the consolidation of Rox and Warriors? With hall of famer Brian Moore leading the pack, the WRC title may be the Wolfs to lose this year. Find me a better QB Receiver combo than Johnson and Johnson and I'll give you a prize.

RIVERTON PARKE seems like they keep making strides in the right direction. The Panthers have loaded talented classes getting ready to come through. They are probably a couple of years away from challenging for top spot. One things for certain though, when you travel to RP to play there is always a skeeter on your peter. That place is like a rain forrest. 

SEEGER is there a better coach in the WRC than Prince Herb? The newest hall of fame inductee joins Moore and Barrett in enshrinement this spring and much deserved it is. Week 1 of the season will provide a clash of the titans as the Patriots travel to Rockville. The King versus the Prince to start the season is like a broken clock, you can't beat it.

SOUTH VERMILLION Wildcat nation is still reeling from winning the championship last year, only to fall to Prince Herb the following week. Hall of famer Greg Barrett has done a masterful job building the program in Clinton. The Tigers return plenty of pieces from their championship team to challenge again this year.

Final thoughts for now: If you have never attended a home game for the Wolfs or the Wildcats you are missing out. It's like the Gaza Strip but with more midair explosions.

I'm short on time so I will sum up teams in 5 words or less.....

Ramblers - Enough for a whole season?

Men of Troy - We are a soccer school now

Mustangs - Might get 3 wins

Falcons - can we forget 2020?

Woffs - Serously, no championships yet?

RP - Wait til next year

Seeger - HOF Herb has high Hope's

SV - winning championships and wearing visors!

Well, well, well... A WRC Thread, finally! It's been way too quiet on here. Thanks Tanka for once again showing the initiative to get some conversations going. The following, of course, is just my two cents. (Also in alphabetical order)

ATTICA - I tend to agree, they will stuggle because of numbers. But it is not for a lack of trying. One thing is for sure, Coach Schmid and the Ramblers will play and compete until their last man is standing. 

COVINGTON - Third coach in three years? Ouch. Not good for a school who's mission is to try to compete with the Wolfs, Wildcats and Patriots for WRC football dominance. The Trojans may have to look to the NFL to find a replacement. Or maybe coach Brown returns? Or just play soccer?

FOUNTAIN CENTRAL - Ugh, just ugh. Gotta be better than last year, right? It may be a while before the Mustangs return to prominence. If they get there at all. It's a shame too, because they have some pretty good facilities and a history of winning. I credit the school and Coach Hall for sticking each other out. 

NORTH VERMILLION - An enigma. Was last year a bump in the road? Or has the Falcon talent pool finally dried up? I don't see them winning the WRC, but they won't be like last year. Coach Crabtree usually finds a way to get his Falcons to play. 

PARKE HERITAGE - Another year, more passing records and no championships? As talented as they are, until they can effectively run the ball late in games with the lead, championships will evade them. Coach Moore needs to "find" a good running back to compliment Johnson & Johnson. But the question remains... how long will it last for the Wolfs in Rockville?

RIVERTON PARKE - Only a matter of time until the talk becomes a reality, right? As far as this year, who knows. Coach Sanders and the Panthers should be a little better. Could they be the surprise team this year?

SEEGER - Coach King is a program builder! The Patriots should definitley be in the conversation as a favorite to win the WRC. And maybe their sectional? Hall of Fame status coaching always takes advantage of generous talent pools. Seeger has both. 

SOUTH VERMILLION - Coach Barrett has built himself a nice program in Clinton. They did lose a few studs, but I think the Wildcats will be just fine this coming season. Although, they will have to play the games of their lives if they want to complete the season sweep of the Wolfs and Patriots again. Not everyone can say they beat two Hall of Fame coaches in the same year. 

WRC side note: I was lucky enough to catch a little of the 5th & 6th spring football between the Panthers, Falcons and Wildcats. (Seriously, where is the rest of the WRC?) All three teams looked to have a stud or two coming up. SV's QB and RB and NV's QB. But it appears as if Coach Sanders and his Panthers may soon be serving up wins in Mecca as well as Tenderloins. 

There you go, looking forward to some more discussions...

Seeger and SV will have LCC in their sectional.  Not an easy out come tourney time.  

When enrollments are released, I think you'll see some fluctuation in what classes some of these teams are in.  I think Seeger may drop to 1A which could make it interesting come tourney time if they sit in the same sectional with the Wolfs 

6 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Seeger and SV will have LCC in their sectional.  Not an easy out come tourney time.  

When enrollments are released, I think you'll see some fluctuation in what classes some of these teams are in.  I think Seeger may drop to 1A which could make it interesting come tourney time if they sit in the same sectional with the Wolfs 

Sectionals are already set. I swear to God they are. Nobody is dropping down. Only success factor teams are moving up. STATE LAW!

On 5/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Isn’t this post about next year? 

Sectionals will be realigned in 2022 when enrollments are taken into consideration.  2021 the only changes to sectionals are those moving up or down due to success factor.  

• 1 month later...