Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Duneland Should Consider Expansion to 12 Schools in Quest for Football Excellence

Guest DT

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

And???? 

You acknowledged Center Grove played a tougher schedule than Warren but discredited them from being in the conversation because they let “Cathedral and LN hang around” as if that is some kind of slight. Most of CG’s games were over by half time as well with the result known well before kick off. 

Edited by Footballking16

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You acknowledged Center Grove played a tougher schedule than Warren but discredited them from being in the conversation because they let “Cathedral and LN hang around” as if that is some kind of slight. Most of CG’s games were over by half time as well with the result known well before kick off. 

Now tell me about LN...

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What about LN? LN played out of their mind for a half behind an extremely talented QB and still lost by multiple scores. 

Just pointing out they were mediocre and gave CG all they could handle, that’s all.

But you knew that.  You’re really here to talk about Cathedral.

15 hours ago, temptation said:

No disrespect intended for Center Grove, but I feel like teams knew the game was going to be a no contest when they lined up across from 2006 Warren/2017 BD (I’m also too young to have seen 1991 BD in person).

CG let teams (LN/Cathedral) hang around last season.  The 2006 Warren/2017 BD squads were coasting after halftime.

The schedule strength argument is a good one though.  CG definitely has the advantage there for the reasons mentioned.

'17 BD was supremely talented offensively. Reese Taylor was a human highlight film with an offense full of weapons. '06 Warren was good on both sides of the football. '91 BD was in that vein. They had a great mobile QB named Chris Ings and a phenomenal running back named Steve Holman. Steve was big and tough. The defense was also fantastic, and they had maybe the best kicker BD's ever had as well in Trinity Hines. 

14 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I didn’t bring up Cathedral. You did.

Yes, yes I did.  And then you used that opening/opportunity to list their accomplishments and claim that they were being disrespected.  

I walked straight into it.  My bad.

14 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

'17 BD was supremely talented offensively. Reese Taylor was a human highlight film with an offense full of weapons. '06 Warren was good on both sides of the football. '91 BD was in that vein. They had a great mobile QB named Chris Ings and a phenomenal running back named Steve Holman. Steve was big and tough. The defense was also fantastic, and they had maybe the best kicker BD's ever had as well in Trinity Hines. 

Ig i was born in the sweet spot and had the honor of watching a few of these teams. If people watched film on these teams it may change their mind..the 91 BD team was amazing..the 06 Warren team was immaculate. It kind of ruins a person's perspective after you see greatness..possibly in the next few years we will have analytics to assist with the greatest team of all time discussion (someone create the poll) that will list how many linebackers ran sub 4.5 who were listed at 215 or wrs that were 6'1 that clocked 4.3 40's..athletes are supposed to always get bigger, faster, and stronger yet I fail to believe that those teams from the 80s and 70s weren't just as tough.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 11:52 PM, Justasportsfan said:

Ig i was born in the sweet spot and had the honor of watching a few of these teams. If people watched film on these teams it may change their mind..the 91 BD team was amazing..the 06 Warren team was immaculate. It kind of ruins a person's perspective after you see greatness..possibly in the next few years we will have analytics to assist with the greatest team of all time discussion (someone create the poll) that will list how many linebackers ran sub 4.5 who were listed at 215 or wrs that were 6'1 that clocked 4.3 40's..athletes are supposed to always get bigger, faster, and stronger yet I fail to believe that those teams from the 80s and 70s weren't just as tough.

There was some old school nasty on the BD '91 squad.  They were as tough as they were good. They'd pound you. Closest game was at state vs. Penn and I think, if memory serves, they were up 35-0 before Penn scored a couple. It's been 30 years so I may be foggy.