Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A 2021

31 minutes ago, DT said:

Oh, but they are just another 4A school with 1100 kids, no different than Greenwood, Mooresville, Delta, Pendleton Heights, etc, etc, etc.

How insulting is that to those public  schools who get this crap spewed at them year after year from the elitist PPs.

Disgusting

Cathedral hasn't played in a 4A tournament since 2011. Why don't you relax a bit and sit the rest of this one out?

Thanks 

Edited by Footballking16

1 hour ago, DT said:
INDIANAPOLIS CATHEDRAL

2020 SEASON (13-1)
Coach: Bill Peebles
Aug. 21 at Westfield W 56 20    
Aug. 28 at Carmel W 44 28    
Sep. 4 at Penn W 52 7    
Sep. 11 at Indianapolis Chatard W 39 20    
Sep. 18   Cincinnati St. Xavier (Ohio) W 25 22    
Sep. 25   Cincinnati LaSalle (Ohio) W 37 28    
Oct. 2   Cincinnati Elder (Ohio) W 36 14    
Oct. 9   Brebeuf Jesuit W 49 7    
Oct. 16 at Center Grove L 13 17    
Oct. 30 at Terre Haute South W 57 18   sect
Nov. 6   Decatur Central W 42 7   sect
Nov. 13   Whiteland W 39 6   regn
Nov. 20 at Castle W 32 7   semi
Nov. 28 N Zionsville W 46 28   state
2019 SEASON (9-3)

Lots of lopsided scores on this 2020 Cathedral slate.  And you even beat the team that has the audacity to challenge IMG.

I think you are selling your boys short.  Youve got P5 D1 level players up and down the offensive and defensive lines.  I doubt the Bradenton Brawlers would push the Irish around too much.

I miss Warren vs Cathedral. Cathedral should be playing Warren and Carmel every year.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Best in the country? You're so out of touch with reality. They're a very good Indiana football program. They struggle most years beating the Cincy and Cleveland catholic schools and would get absolutely waxed by the St. Thomas Aquinas, the Bishop Gorman's, and the Mater Dei's of the world. Please have some perspective. Cathedral had a very good year last year with a very special class and should be very good once again this year. But they have 1 title since 2014 and have been soundly beaten by likewise publics the last few tournaments. 

Shocking they only have 1 title..they have constantly had to play above their enrollment..I think most just expect them to win as if it were still 5 classes n no sf.

5 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Shocking they only have 1 title..they have constantly had to play above their enrollment..I think most just expect them to win as if it were still 5 classes n no sf.

Dont feel too bad for the Irish.  They have 13 state championships and more wins than any school in state history.  

http://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/tny/IndianapolisCathedral.htm#loaded

17 minutes ago, DT said:

Dont feel too bad for the Irish.  They have 13 state championships and more wins than any school in state history.  

http://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/tny/IndianapolisCathedral.htm#loaded

I didn't expect them to lose while in 6a yet they somehow did. If I were a gambling man I'd take em vs. 99.98% of indiana 

Edited by Justasportsfan

1 minute ago, Justasportsfan said:

I didn't expect them to lose while in 6a yet they somehow did. If I were a gambling man I'd take em vs. 99.98% of indiana 

Cathedral is 13-1 in state title games.  But they are just another program.  

22 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

They should be playing in 6A. For sure should never drop back down to 4A.

And they haven't and likely will never play in 4A again, they haven't since 2011. Cathedral will be in 6A starting in 2022 barring a colossal collapse in the tournament next year.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

They should be playing in 6A. For sure should never drop back down to 4A.

Well that is what the tournament success factor is designed to do!  The last 6A tournament game we played we were destroyed by Ben Davis 51-21.  I do agree our level of talent is far greater than the 2016 season and anything less than a championship next year would be major disappointment.  

4 hours ago, Dave007 said:

Well that is what the tournament success factor is designed to do!  The last 6A tournament game we played we were destroyed by Ben Davis 51-21.  I do agree our level of talent is far greater than the 2016 season and anything less than a championship next year would be major disappointment.  

The year new pal beat them was head scratching yet that is why they play the game.

13 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

The year new pal beat them was head scratching yet that is why they play the game.

Or the year before and the year before that? Cathedral is a very, very good program. I think all can recognize that. But they aren't invincible, not by any stretch. Last year was an historic year, even for Cathedral's standards. But last years senior class didn't net a single FBS scholarship player. Not one. 

34 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Or the year before and the year before that? Cathedral is a very, very good program. I think all can recognize that. But they aren't invincible, not by any stretch. Last year was an historic year, even for Cathedral's standards. But last years senior class didn't net a single FBS scholarship player. Not one. 

That is what gets me..I can never tell when they have a legit juggernaut or not until they lose. If they play a top tier mic team or a high 5a low 6a team (snider) id bet against them. From the earlier post speaking of so much D1 talent id be pressed about anyone beating them in any class this year..are we due for another stretch of cathedral titles? From the link posted earlier they definitely can put up hardware spurts..no fbs scholarship players from a title cathedral team?? That ever happen b4?

19 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

That is what gets me..I can never tell when they have a legit juggernaut or not until they lose. If they play a top tier mic team or a high 5a low 6a team (snider) id bet against them. From the earlier post speaking of so much D1 talent id be pressed about anyone beating them in any class this year..are we due for another stretch of cathedral titles? From the link posted earlier they definitely can put up hardware spurts..no fbs scholarship players from a title cathedral team?? That ever happen b4?

Cathedral has a very special senior class this coming year that could net anywhere from 5-10 D1 players. That's an exception, not the typical rule. This more likely than not will be the most talented top to bottom team Cathedral has fielded. Would be shocked if they didn't win 5A this year. Absolutely floored. But they soon be in 6A for the 22 and 23 seasons. They're set to lose some 40 seniors this year. Will be interesting to see how things shape up going forward. 

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral has a very special senior class this coming year that could net anywhere from 5-10 D1 players. That's an exception, not the typical rule. This more likely than not will be the most talented top to bottom team Cathedral has fielded. Would be shocked if they didn't win 5A this year. Absolutely floored. But they soon be in 6A for the 22 and 23 seasons. They're set to lose some 40 seniors this year. Will be interesting to see how things shape up going forward. 

On average how much D1 talent do they usually reload with? 5 to 10 is incredible for a 4a (in theory) school..

23 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

On average how much D1 talent do they usually reload with? 5 to 10 is incredible for a 4a (in theory) school..

I don't know honestly. I would say on average they out 1-2 D1 players a class. Some years like last year it was none, this coming year they're going to have a ton. 

On 5/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, Footballking16 said:

And they haven't and likely will never play in 4A again, they haven't since 2011. Cathedral will be in 6A starting in 2022 barring a colossal collapse in the tournament next year.

They won the 4A state title in 2012.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:29 PM, BTF said:

Northern 5A gets a new look with Snider jumping into the mix. Overall though, it's looking like Cathedral at the top..........unless they are going through a rebuilding year. Who comes next though? Zionsville seems to be the safe bet, but you can never count out New Pal. Snider returns a boat load from last year. 

Cathedral – Reloading as usual? Up or down this year? Does it make a difference? Number one until proven otherwise.

Zionsville – apparently a pretty good core returning from last year? They were pretty good in 2020 and kids tend to make massive improvements from their junior to senior years.

New Palestine – Although I wasn’t real impressed with his assessment of the Snider/New Pal game in 2015, I still think he is one of the Top 5 coaches in Indiana. Up or down? Someone from Central Indiana chime in on this one. 

Dwenger – coming directly from the Dwenger community, this could be a rebuilding year. Or is it? Jason Garrett has proven himself as a top tier coach. Dwenger is Dwenger, so I’m not buying into the rebuilding talk. Reloading is probably more than likely. They have a tough act to follow though. I’ve never seen a team as dominant as Dwenger over the last two years and not even make it to the state championship game.

Valpo – another program whose contingent claims to be in a rebuilding year. Apparently they’ve lost a lot of studs, but word has it that there is a pretty good quarterback in the pipeline?

Snider – one year removed from their most lackluster performance in three decades, this years team needs to prove itself on the field. Returning 17 starters including an Ohio State recruit anchoring the offense and a Purdue commit anchoring the defense, the pieces are in place for a return to glory

Zionsville returns almost their entire offense. The whole offensive line will be back as well as RB Price, and WR Firestone. THey did lose a very good QB, but the two in the Pipe line will also be very good.  Starting Center is going to Notre dame and The left tackle has Div.I  size, but probably a Div II player.  If they can retool the defense which is where they had most of their losses, look for them to once again be the representative from the North at Lucas OIL.  The regular season schedule they play more then prepares them for the best teams in the 5a north.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach P said:

Zionsville returns almost their entire offense. The whole offensive line will be back as well as RB Price, and WR Firestone. THey did lose a very good QB, but the two in the Pipe line will also be very good.  Starting Center is going to Notre dame and The left tackle has Div.I  size, but probably a Div II player.  If they can retool the defense which is where they had most of their losses, look for them to once again be the representative from the North at Lucas OIL.  The regular season schedule they play more then prepares them for the best teams in the 5a north.

They will be battle tested for sure.