Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2021 at 7:49 AM, Footballking16 said:

What about skill position players? I thought they started a few sophomores last year but my memory isn't the best. 

Castle does return a good number offensively but lost significant talent on the defensive side.  It also returns the juggernaut offensive schemes that produced 7 points against North, two FGs against Meter Dei, up 7-0 against Harrison in the 3Q and 7-7 tie against Vincennes at halftime.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss Warren vs Cathedral. Cathedral should be playing Warren and Carmel every year.

Oh, but they are just another 4A school with 1100 kids, no different than Greenwood, Mooresville, Delta, Pendleton Heights, etc, etc, etc. How insulting is that to those public  schools who get t

**taps screen Darn. My sarcasm meter must be broken. 

55 minutes ago, Stickfish said:

Castle does return a good number offensively but lost significant talent on the defensive side.  It also returns the juggernaut offensive schemes that produced 7 points against North, two FGs against Meter Dei, up 7-0 against Harrison in the 3Q and 7-7 tie against Vincennes at halftime.  

**taps screen

Darn. My sarcasm meter must be broken. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2021 at 11:21 PM, Boilernation said:

Tommy or anyone up in Duneland territory know what Michigan City has returning? I believe they were fairly young last year. I see that 6'0 Sophomore APB Jaden Hart is a player to keep an eye on. 

Jaden is only a sophomore, 2 sport star RB Omrian Hatch will be a senior.  Heard a new QB has transferred in.  WRs and track stars Kaydarious Jones and Esau Haynes both graduate.
 

Nobody stops Valpo until semi state, historically speaking Michigan City has gone 0-5 (.000) against Valpo under Phil Mason, 3-23 (.115) against Valpo since consolidation and combined 14-46 (.223) overall (Elston, Roger, MCHS) against Valpo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cathedral has 42 seniors next year. The defense loses 2 senior DTs but rising 6'5" junior DT Kendrick Gilbert steps in with offers from Iowa and Indiana already. Schedule softens quite a bit as the Ohio GCL schools dropped us after changes to the Ohio State Tourney Qualifier and weighted divisional games. We'll still have one of the toughest schedules in the state, but lose St. X and Elder. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Cathedral has 42 seniors next year. The defense loses 2 senior DTs but rising 6'5" junior DT Kendrick Gilbert steps in with offers from Iowa and Indiana already. Schedule softens quite a bit as the Ohio GCL schools dropped us after changes to the Ohio State Tourney Qualifier and weighted divisional games. We'll still have one of the toughest schedules in the state, but lose St. X and Elder. 

Cathedral isn’t losing this year. This team might be the best of all Cathedral teams if they can stay healthy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Cathedral has 42 seniors next year. The defense loses 2 senior DTs but rising 6'5" junior DT Kendrick Gilbert steps in with offers from Iowa and Indiana already. Schedule softens quite a bit as the Ohio GCL schools dropped us after changes to the Ohio State Tourney Qualifier and weighted divisional games. We'll still have one of the toughest schedules in the state, but lose St. X and Elder. 

Who will the QB be for the Irish?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2021 at 8:49 AM, Footballking16 said:

What about skill position players? I thought they started a few sophomores last year but my memory isn't the best. 

Over on the PAC thread they are discussing Castle losing another O-lineman to Gibson Southern.  Said Castle is contesting this one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 10:39 AM, BTF said:

If Dwenger doesn't get out of sectionals, it's not because they are bad. It's because they are in the same sectional as Snider. Something's got to give. 

I agree with regard to the success rule. But I also don't have the perfect answer. I do like a four year success factor versus two. 

Watch out for Concord. Dwenger has never beat them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, Jon said:

Who will the QB be for the Irish?

Our biggest question marks will remain at QB and RB. Rising highly acclaimed Danny O'Neill is the favorite to succeed Nathan McCahill. The backfield will likely be filled with senior scat-back Tazz Garrett and speedster Seth Mencer. The WR and TE core are incredibly deep. I believe we have 3 D1 TEs on the roster. 6'4" 240lb Junior Brennan Wooten will be our primary TE, but senior 6'6" Parker Spellacy and 6'5" Jack Davis will push for TE1 catches. All three could be MAC or better TEs, and I believe will go Big 5. 
 

WR1 will most likely go to 6'3" junior Jaron Tibbs. Tibbs already has an offer from Iowa, but will likely also get some D1 offers in basketball with aforementioned TE classmate Jack Davis. The best slot receiver in the state is senior Michael Page. He is used and can catch the ball from anywhere Julian Edelman style. WR2 will most likely rotate between senior Daniel Hughes and Junior David Ayres. 
 

The OLine is the strength of the offense boasting book-end D1 tackles in Owen Wood and Cooper Koers with an average line size of 6'3" 285lbs. 
 

The defense returns just about everyone. Look for a D-line anchored by Junior 6'5" Kendrick Gilbert (Purdue, Iowa, Indiana) and senior Dom Seibal; a linebacker crew headlined by seniors D1 Jeffrey Utizinger, Jack Goheen, Kyle Coleman, and Huddy Miller; and the secondary led by senior Bryce Llewelyn and a cast of other senior depth. 
 

And, let's not forget special teams. K and senior Ben Gomez will likely break most of the Cathedral records this season. And, he has range from 50 yards. 
 

if I forgot anyone, please fill in the blanks. Already looking forward to some revenge games with New Pal in the tourney and CG in the finale. Our away game at Cincy LaSalle and a tough opening stretch with back to backs with Westfield and Brownsburg will test the Irish out of the gates. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Our biggest question marks will remain at QB and RB. Rising highly acclaimed Danny O'Neill is the favorite to succeed Nathan McCahill. The backfield will likely be filled with senior scat-back Tazz Garrett and speedster Seth Mencer. The WR and TE core are incredibly deep. I believe we have 3 D1 TEs on the roster. 6'4" 240lb Junior Brennan Wooten will be our primary TE, but senior 6'6" Parker Spellacy and 6'5" Jack Davis will push for TE1 catches. All three could be MAC or better TEs, and I believe will go Big 5. 
 

WR1 will most likely go to 6'3" junior Jaron Tibbs. Tibbs already has an offer from Iowa, but will likely also get some D1 offers in basketball with aforementioned TE classmate Jack Davis. The best slot receiver in the state is senior Michael Page. He is used and can catch the ball from anywhere Julian Edelman style. WR2 will most likely rotate between senior Daniel Hughes and Junior David Ayres. 
 

The OLine is the strength of the offense boasting book-end D1 tackles in Owen Wood and Cooper Koers with an average line size of 6'3" 285lbs. 
 

The defense returns just about everyone. Look for a D-line anchored by Junior 6'5" Kendrick Gilbert (Purdue, Iowa, Indiana) and senior Dom Seibal; a linebacker crew headlined by seniors D1 Jeffrey Utizinger, Jack Goheen, Kyle Coleman, and Huddy Miller; and the secondary led by senior Bryce Llewelyn and a cast of other senior depth. 
 

And, let's not forget special teams. K and senior Ben Gomez will likely break most of the Cathedral records this season. And, he has range from 50 yards. 
 

if I forgot anyone, please fill in the blanks. Already looking forward to some revenge games with New Pal in the tourney and CG in the finale. Our away game at Cincy LaSalle and a tough opening stretch with back to backs with Westfield and Brownsburg will test the Irish out of the gates. 

You really need to talk to IMG.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You're not getting off that easy. I think it'd be closer to 40.

INDIANAPOLIS CATHEDRAL
               
2020 SEASON (13-1)
Coach: Bill Peebles
Aug. 21 at Westfield W 56 20    
Aug. 28 at Carmel W 44 28    
Sep. 4 at Penn W 52 7    
Sep. 11 at Indianapolis Chatard W 39 20    
Sep. 18   Cincinnati St. Xavier (Ohio) W 25 22    
Sep. 25   Cincinnati LaSalle (Ohio) W 37 28    
Oct. 2   Cincinnati Elder (Ohio) W 36 14    
Oct. 9   Brebeuf Jesuit W 49 7    
Oct. 16 at Center Grove L 13 17    
Oct. 30 at Terre Haute South W 57 18   sect
Nov. 6   Decatur Central W 42 7   sect
Nov. 13   Whiteland W 39 6   regn
Nov. 20 at Castle W 32 7   semi
Nov. 28 N Zionsville W 46 28   state
2019 SEASON (9-3)

 

Lots of lopsided scores on this 2020 Cathedral slate.  And you even beat the team that has the audacity to challenge IMG.

I think you are selling your boys short.  Youve got P5 D1 level players up and down the offensive and defensive lines.  I doubt the Bradenton Brawlers would push the Irish around too much.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You're not getting off that easy. I think it'd be closer to 40.

I'll take that bet vs IMG Varsity you did not specify which IMG squad lol of course I know you mean their main team which is IMG National, but there is Varsity that plays locale FL teams and lost 3 games (vs Tampa Ca 7-43, vs Calvary Christian 16-42, and vs Sebring 14-44) plus a lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs to American Collegiate 0-12. 

 

They also have a post graduate team. So National , Varsity , and Post Graduate . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DT said:
INDIANAPOLIS CATHEDRAL
               
2020 SEASON (13-1)
Coach: Bill Peebles
Aug. 21 at Westfield W 56 20    
Aug. 28 at Carmel W 44 28    
Sep. 4 at Penn W 52 7    
Sep. 11 at Indianapolis Chatard W 39 20    
Sep. 18   Cincinnati St. Xavier (Ohio) W 25 22    
Sep. 25   Cincinnati LaSalle (Ohio) W 37 28    
Oct. 2   Cincinnati Elder (Ohio) W 36 14    
Oct. 9   Brebeuf Jesuit W 49 7    
Oct. 16 at Center Grove L 13 17    
Oct. 30 at Terre Haute South W 57 18   sect
Nov. 6   Decatur Central W 42 7   sect
Nov. 13   Whiteland W 39 6   regn
Nov. 20 at Castle W 32 7   semi
Nov. 28 N Zionsville W 46 28   state
2019 SEASON (9-3)

 

Lots of lopsided scores on this 2020 Cathedral slate.  And you even beat the team that has the audacity to challenge IMG.

I think you are selling your boys short.  Youve got P5 D1 level players up and down the offensive and defensive lines.  I doubt the Bradenton Brawlers would push the Irish around too much.

 

IMG will have 25-30 D1 players on this years team alone. They have 4 of the 25 best seniors in the country. They will have around 15 major D1 football players, many who will attend whatever school they want. I'm not selling anyone short, just looking at reality. IMG would name the score against Cathedral or any team from Indiana for that matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Footballking16 said:

IMG will have 25-30 D1 players on this years team alone. They have 4 of the 25 best seniors in the country. They will have around 15 major D1 football players, many who will attend whatever school they want. I'm not selling anyone short, just looking at reality. IMG would name the score against Cathedral or any team from Indiana for that matter. 

And Cathedral will have 10 to 15 D1 players and the vast majority of teams they play will have 0 to maybe 2 or 3.  Why is it ok for Cathedral to routinely schedule massively outclassed competition but off limits for the Irish to step up and play and significantly more talented foe?  Sounds like a real double standard.  CHS has been doing this for decades.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DT said:

And Cathedral will have 10 to 15 D1 players and the vast majority of teams they play will have 0 to maybe 2 or 3.  Why is it ok for Cathedral to routinely schedule massively outclassed competition but off limits for the Irish to step up and play and significantly more talented foe?  Sounds like a real double standard.  CHS has been doing this for decades.  

Because it's inconducive to Cathedral, or any Indiana team for that matter, to play a school 1200 miles away when there's plenty of strong local and regional competition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cathedral waltzed thru the playoffs last year and were never challenged  Why isnt this program prtitioning the IHSAA for a reclass to 6A?  It makes no sense to invest in this kind of a roster and then fail to give your team a challenge to lok forward to in the post season.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Because it's inconducive to Cathedral, or any Indiana team for that matter, to play a school 1200 miles away when there's plenty of strong local and regional competition. 

That rule is bullshit and it can be waived if a case is made that it would be a great showcase for high school football in this state.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DT said:

Cathedral waltzed thru the playoffs last year and were never challenged  Why isnt this program prtitioning the IHSAA for a reclass to 6A?  It makes no sense to invest in this kind of a roster and then fail to give your team a challenge to lok forward to in the post season.

Cathedral will once again be in 6A next year. Cathedral is a 4A school playing up a class and hasn't played in their enrollment based classification in over a decade.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DT said:

That rule is bullshit and it can be waived if a case is made that it would be a great showcase for high school football in this state.

Cathedral or Center Grove or any other 6A team playing IMG to a 40 point rout on national television isn't good for Indiana High School football. The only reason IMG would have any interest in coming to Indiana would be for the sole purpose of developing a pipeline to recruit kids out of the state and down to FL. There's a reason why Georgia has banned their member schools from playing IMG. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral will once again be in 6A next year. Cathedral is a 4A school playing up a class and hasn't played in their enrollment based classification in over a decade.  

Dont even go there with the 4A crap.  Cathedral is a Catholic Football Magnet, one of the best in the country.  Elitist alumni such as yourself shouldnt be allowed anywhere near that program.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DT said:

Dont even go there with the 4A crap.  Cathedral is a Catholic Football Magnet, one of the best in the country.  Elitist alumni such as yourself shouldnt be allowed anywhere near that program.  

Best in the country? You're so out of touch with reality. They're a very good Indiana football program. They struggle most years beating the Cincy and Cleveland catholic schools and would get absolutely waxed by the St. Thomas Aquinas, the Bishop Gorman's, and the Mater Dei's of the world. Please have some perspective. Cathedral had a very good year last year with a very special class and should be very good once again this year. But they have 1 title since 2014 and have been soundly beaten by likewise publics the last few tournaments. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Cathedral has 42 seniors next year. The defense loses 2 senior DTs but rising 6'5" junior DT Kendrick Gilbert steps in with offers from Iowa and Indiana already. Schedule softens quite a bit as the Ohio GCL schools dropped us after changes to the Ohio State Tourney Qualifier and weighted divisional games. We'll still have one of the toughest schedules in the state, but lose St. X and Elder. 

FORTY-TWO seniors next year?  That is amazing.  LOVE it!

Steve Carell as Michael Scott – The Office gif | Tell-Tale TV

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DE said:

FORTY-TWO seniors next year?  That is amazing.  LOVE it!

Steve Carell as Michael Scott – The Office gif | Tell-Tale TV

Oh, but they are just another 4A school with 1100 kids, no different than Greenwood, Mooresville, Delta, Pendleton Heights, etc, etc, etc.

How insulting is that to those public  schools who get this crap spewed at them year after year from the elitist PPs.

Disgusting

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...