Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cincy Lasalle vs IMG - Indiana needs to get in on the action

Guest DT

Yes, its true.  Cincinnatti Lasalle will host IMG Academy 

We have several teams in Indiana that fit the Lasalle mold and could line up against the Bradenton Brawlers from IMG.

Carmel

Center Grove

Ben Davis

Warren Central

Cathedral 

Roncalli

If Ohio's best are ready for the IMG machine on the gridiron, then Indiana should consider doing the same.

Lets make it happen.  

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/neilFlc6lUqw_TPdb7DpOQ/high-school-football--la-salles-schedule-release-includes-games-against-national-power-img-academy.htm

6 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Just because they scheduled them doesn't necessarily mean they are ready for them.

It's impossible for a high school team to prepare fully for IMG.  The LaSalle HC was very clear in his objective

"We want to give our kids the opportunity to play against the best."

Indians high school basketball programs play against Academy schools, both in and out of state, all the time.   They schedule these games despite knowing they are outsized and outskilled

Why should football be any different?

Kevin Wright could put this together for any MIC school in a heartbeat. 

30 minutes ago, DT said:

It's impossible for a high school team to prepare fully for IMG.  The LaSalle HC was very clear in his objective

"We want to give our kids the opportunity to play against the best."

Indians high school basketball programs play against Academy schools, both in and out of state, all the time.   They schedule these games despite knowing they are outsized and outskilled

Why should football be any different?

What IHSAA schools play basketball academies over 1000+ miles from campus? La Lumiere isn't an IHSAA school. It's a basketball academy that just happens to be in Indiana. 

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What IHSAA schools play basketball academies over 1000+ miles from campus? La Lumiere isn't an IHSAA school. It's a basketball academy that just happens to be in Indiana. 

IMG is a football academy that just happens to be in Florida.

18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I know that. You said IHSAA basketball schools play out of state basketball academies. Which ones? When?

I meant academies in general.  I stand corrected

You can argue all you want.  In my view, IMG vs Center Grove/Cathedral/Carmel/Warren central/Ben Davis/Roncalli is good for Indiana football.  It likely is a game that would be televised, and would expose to a large TV audience the high quality of football that is played in Indianapolis at these elite football programs.

Instead of IMG, let's just do a regional challenge against neighboring schools where teams can play a neutral site on a Friday & Saturday. It could bring an even bigger excitement to the first two weeks of the high school football season, with these high-level matchups.

No idea about if these matchups are truly feasible, I just got some rankings off of MaxPreps. 

NW Indiana schools vs Illinois schools (Lincoln-Way East vs Merrillville, Crown Point vs East St. Louis, Andrean vs Mt. Carmel Chicago, Warren Township vs Crown Point, etc. 

Indianapolis schools vs Ohio Schools (BD vs St. X, Warren vs Elder, Cathedral vs Pickerington Central, Chatard vs St. Edwards, CG vs Mentor, etc)

Michiana and FW schools vs Michigan Schools (Penn vs River Rouge, Marian vs Catholic Central, Warsaw vs Muskegon, Homestead vs Davison, Snider vs Belleville, etc) 

Southern Indiana schools vs Kentucky schools, which I know a lot of teams already do, so they can continue to do what they've been doing for a while. 

Edited by MICFan34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DT said:

I meant academies in general.  I stand corrected

You can argue all you want.  In my view, IMG vs Center Grove/Cathedral/Carmel/Warren central/Ben Davis/Roncalli is good for Indiana football.  It likely is a game that would be televised, and would expose to a large TV audience the high quality of football that is played in Indianapolis at these elite football programs.

Will never understand how IMG and their 20-30 D1 athletes beating an Indiana school on national television by 4-5 scores is good for Indiana football. But that's just me. 

• Like 7

No room on BD's schedule for several seasons. It's my understanding that Brownsburg and Avon are locked down long term as out-of-conference foes.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Kevin Wright is at Indiana now as an assistant to Tom Allen.

3 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

Instead of IMG, let's just do a regional challenge against neighboring schools where teams can play a neutral site on a Friday & Saturday. It could bring an even bigger excitement to the first two weeks of the high school football season, with these high-level matchups.

No idea about if these matchups are truly feasible, I just got some rankings off of MaxPreps. 

NW Indiana schools vs Illinois schools (Lincoln-Way East vs Merrillville, Crown Point vs East St. Louis, Andrean vs Mt. Carmel Chicago, Warren Township vs Crown Point, etc. 

Indianapolis schools vs Ohio Schools (BD vs St. X, Warren vs Elder, Cathedral vs Pickerington Central, Chatard vs St. Edwards, CG vs Mentor, etc)

Michiana and FW schools vs Michigan Schools (Penn vs River Rouge, Marian vs Catholic Central, Warsaw vs Muskegon, Homestead vs Davison, Snider vs Belleville, etc) 

Southern Indiana schools vs Kentucky schools, which I know a lot of teams already do, so they can continue to do what they've been doing for a while. 

This! We (Indiana as a whole) already do a good job of getting Ohio and Louisville teams on the schedule. I would love to see more games against Chicagoland teams. Chatard was supposed to play Joliet Catholic last year as well as Andrean was going to play Immaculate Catholic from the Western 'Burbs. The following games would be more enjoyable to me than IMG embarrassing an Indiana school: 

• Carmel vs. 1 of the 3 Naperville schools (North, Central, Neuqua Valley)
  • Carmel vs. Lincolnway-East
  • Center Grove vs. Glenbard West or St. Rita
  • Warren Central vs. Warren Township
  • Cathedral vs. Loyola Academy or Mt. Carmel
  • Ben Davis vs. East St. Louis
  • Merrillville vs. Homewood-Floosmoor
  • Penn vs. Maine South
  • Cathedral vs. Nazareth Academy
  • Chatard vs. Marist
Edited by Boilernation
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Will never understand how IMG and their 20-30 D1 athletes beating an Indiana school on national television by 4-5 scores is good for Indiana football. But that's just me. 

And me.

Did we just become best friends?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Boilernation said:

This! We (Indiana as a whole) already do a good job of getting Ohio and Louisville teams on the schedule. I would love to see more games against Chicagoland teams. Chatard was supposed to play Joliet Catholic last year as well as Andrean was going to play Immaculate Catholic from the Western 'Burbs. The following games would be more enjoyable to me than IMG embarrassing an Indiana school: 

• Carmel vs. 1 of the 3 Naperville schools (North, Central, Neuqua Valley)
  • Carmel vs. Lincolnway-East
  • Center Grove vs. Glenbard West or St. Rita
  • Warren Central vs. Warren Township
  • Cathedral vs. Loyola Academy or Mt. Carmel
  • Ben Davis vs. East St. Louis
  • Merrillville vs. Homewood-Floosmoor
  • Penn vs. Maine South
  • Cathedral vs. Nazareth Academy
  • Chatard vs. Marist

All would be great match-ups.  I also wouldn’t mind seeing Lowell or Hobart going up against Crete-Monee.

Just now, Gipper said:

All would be great match-ups.  I also wouldn’t mind seeing Lowell or Hobart going up against Crete-Monee.

Or any 4A school...

Strictly for purposes of discussion, because the 300 mile rule eliminates any chance of a matchup of anyone in the IHSAA, I agree with most here. IMG is one to avoid. They are a different animal. They are going to Cincy for 1 reason; looking for talent. I know that Georgia has banned their schools from playing IMG. There is nothing to be gained for any Indiana school to add them. As MICFan34 and Boilernation have shown; there are plenty of regional matchups for Indiana schools that are more logical. 

• Like 3

I'll betcha Eric Moore would love to have the opportunity to play them

Moore understands how tough losses to the MIC 3 have built character and resilience into his program over the last two decades. 

9 hours ago, DT said:

I'll betcha Eric Moore would love to have the opportunity to play them

Moore understands how tough losses to the MIC 3 have built character and resilience into his program over the last two decades. 

I will take you up on that bet.........With a large number of coaches around the country, my guess is he wants nothing to do with them. Why take the risk? Plenty of great competition closer to home; and competition that is not seen as a potential poacher of his top talent. 

Keep this in mind; the IMG thing has grown to the point they field 2 varsity teams folks. One plays a national schedule, the other (the 2nd team) plays a local schedule. The national team went unchallenged last season by the way....giving up no more than 14 points in a game the entire season, and only doing that 3 times. Their lowest score was 41 points in a game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

To be the best don't you have to play the best?

No. If you’re the best, you’re the best. But you have to play the best in order to be acknowledged as the best. 

I admit I’m curious about IMG. But from the standpoint of an Indiana school, to whom regular season games are inconsequential, serving only as prep for the tournament, what’s to be gained by playing them? You can get just as tourney ready by playing good teams closer to home. There’s no shortage.