Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cincy Lasalle vs IMG - Indiana needs to get in on the action

Guest DT

12 hours ago, DT said:

I'll betcha Eric Moore would love to have the opportunity to play them

Moore understands how tough losses to the MIC 3 have built character and resilience into his program over the last two decades. 

He probably would want some wins too. Or a game that doesn't make that already tough schedule more difficult. 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

No. If you’re the best, you’re the best. But you have to play the best in order to be acknowledged as the best. 

I admit I’m curious about IMG. But from the standpoint of an Indiana school, to whom regular season games are inconsequential, serving only as prep for the tournament, what’s to be gained by playing them? You can get just as tourney ready by playing good teams closer to home. There’s no shortage.

I'm suggesting a week one showcase event to promote Indiana football across the nation.   Best venue would be IMG at Carmel.  

43 minutes ago, DT said:

I'm suggesting a week one showcase event to promote Indiana football across the nation.   Best venue would be IMG at Carmel.  

Promoting Indiana football is a worthwhile goal. Problem is, no one is really looking out for that. Each team does what is in its own best interests. Nobody is looking out for the long term, big picture, interests of Indiana High School football.

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Promoting Indiana football is a worthwhile goal. Problem is, no one is really looking out for that. Each team does what is in its own best interests. Nobody is looking out for the long term, big picture, interests of Indiana High School football.

This game would be sponsored by The Gridiron Digest

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Game 1 

Center Grove vs Roncalli

Game 2

IMG vs Carmel

We could sell out Carmel Stadium for this Saturday doubleheader

1 hour ago, DT said:

Game 1 

Center Grove vs Roncalli

Game 2

IMG vs Carmel

We could sell out Carmel Stadium for this Saturday doubleheader

Is IMG sanctioned by the Florida equivalent of the IHSAA? Because I’m pretty sure there’s an IHSAA bylaw that prohibits members playing against institutions not members of their own state association. I suppose I could look it up ...

1 hour ago, DT said:

I’m in. Let’s start lining up sponsors ... except I’m thinking LOS might be a more suitable venue, especially where sponsors are concerned.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I’m in. Let’s start lining up sponsors ... except I’m thinking LOS might be a more suitable venue, especially where sponsors are concerned.

Dust's off whistle and white hat.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

You were the first person I thought of to co- produce this event.  

I would prefer the games to be played outside on Saturday afternoon at a full house in Carmel than indoors at 90% empty LOS.  This would be a major event with activities for kids designed to draw families to the stadium.  CG and Carmel are the two biggest high school brands in Indiana.  Bringing these two together on the same day in separate games would be a high dose of football that many cant resist.  There are very few meaningful college games at this time.  Not much in terms of competition.

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

No. If you’re the best, you’re the best. But you have to play the best in order to be acknowledged as the best. 

I admit I’m curious about IMG. But from the standpoint of an Indiana school, to whom regular season games are inconsequential, serving only as prep for the tournament, what’s to be gained by playing them? You can get just as tourney ready by playing good teams closer to home. There’s no shortage.

Honest question:  Would a MIC “All-Star Team” beat IMG?

Edited by temptation

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

Honest question:  Would a MIC “All-Star Team” beat IMG?

You could pick the 75 best players in Indiana and they still wouldn't come within 3 TD's of IMG. Of the 250 top players in the 2022 class, IMG has 11. And that's just their senior class. Every single player on IMG's "National" team is garnishing D1 interest. And not just D1 interest, but major college football. IMG's entire offensive and defensive line will attend a P5 school. 

2 hours ago, DE said:

Dust's off whistle and white hat.

😅🤣😂

27 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I think it would be as wise to play an established national high school power  such as St. Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) or Westlake (Austin, TX).

I could get behind that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DT said:

You were the first person I thought of to co- produce this event.  

I would prefer the games to be played outside on Saturday afternoon at a full house in Carmel than indoors at 90% empty LOS.  This would be a major event with activities for kids designed to draw families to the stadium.  CG and Carmel are the two biggest high school brands in Indiana.  Bringing these two together on the same day in separate games would be a high dose of football that many cant resist.  There are very few meaningful college games at this time.  Not much in terms of competition.

On further review, I agree. Carmel is a showplace facility, but it’s still a high school. If we’re showcasing the best of Indiana high school football, why not showcase such a great facility, too?

58 minutes ago, Jon said:

247 has IMG class 2022 with 10 four star and 8 three star recruits. 2023 - 9 four star and 5 three star recruits.

The state of Indiana only has 10 four star recruits for 2022 and 2023

So in other words, suggesting “this would be good for Indiana high school football” is ludicrous.

13 hours ago, Jon said:

247 has IMG class 2022 with 10 four star and 8 three star recruits. 2023 - 9 four star and 5 three star recruits.

The state of Indiana only has 10 four star recruits for 2022 and 2023

That's because they're from Indiana, our kids get slighted for that.  If Indiana was a southern state, they'd have 20 four star recruits. I actually wouldn't mind seeing an Indiana All Star team play IMG. If a 7 on 7 team from Fort Wayne can win the whole IMG 7 on 7 tournament, why couldn't the entire state of Indiana put together a team that could compete with IMG in 11 on 11? 

On 5/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, DT said:

I'll betcha Eric Moore would love to have the opportunity to play them

Moore understands how tough losses to the MIC 3 have built character and resilience into his program over the last two decades. 

Bet

2 hours ago, BTF said:

That's because they're from Indiana, our kids get slighted for that.  If Indiana was a southern state, they'd have 20 four star recruits. I actually wouldn't mind seeing an Indiana All Star team play IMG. If a 7 on 7 team from Fort Wayne can win the whole IMG 7 on 7 tournament, why couldn't the entire state of Indiana put together a team that could compete with IMG in 11 on 11? 

It has nothing to do with being a northern state. Neighboring Ohio produces their fair share of 5 and 4* talent every year. IMG is a traveling, national all-star team where kids transfer to prepare for college life while training in the specific sport. A national all-star team is going to beat a local all-star team. 

15 hours ago, Bobref said:

On further review, I agree. Carmel is a showplace facility, but it’s still a high school. If we’re showcasing the best of Indiana high school football, why not showcase such a great facility, too?

Scheumann stadium then?

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

It has nothing to do with being a northern state. Neighboring Ohio produces their fair share of 5 and 4* talent every year. IMG is a traveling, national all-star team where kids transfer to prepare for college life while training in the specific sport. A national all-star team is going to beat a local all-star team. 

Ohio, like Florida, is considered a football state. Indiana is a basketball state. I think it resonates when recruiting networks like 24/7 rate a kid. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. 

34 minutes ago, BTF said:

Ohio, like Florida, is considered a football state. Indiana is a basketball state. I think it resonates when recruiting networks like 24/7 rate a kid. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. 

I don’t think their obtusely ranking kids based on the perception of the state.