Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cincy Lasalle vs IMG - Indiana needs to get in on the action

Guest DT

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

It has nothing to do with being a northern state. Neighboring Ohio produces their fair share of 5 and 4* talent every year. IMG is a traveling, national all-star team where kids transfer to prepare for college life while training in the specific sport. A national all-star team is going to beat a local all-star team. 

IMG is to Florida as Cathedral is to Indy.  Traveling all star team.  They should play each other.  

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol

Of all the dumb things to say..

Really?

I guess your friends over at LaSalle are "dumb."  Thoughtful comment

On 5/19/2021 at 2:01 PM, Bobref said:

Is IMG sanctioned by the Florida equivalent of the IHSAA? Because I’m pretty sure there’s an IHSAA bylaw that prohibits members playing against institutions not members of their own state association. I suppose I could look it up ...

Unless the Prep school in Laporte is an IHSAA member, I'm not sure that bylaw exists because they play Indiana schools in basketball games. 

On 5/19/2021 at 2:01 PM, Bobref said:

Is IMG sanctioned by the Florida equivalent of the IHSAA? Because I’m pretty sure there’s an IHSAA bylaw that prohibits members playing against institutions not members of their own state association. I suppose I could look it up ...

The IMG "National" team is barred from the Florida High School association postseason. The "Varsity" team isn't and plays in the tournament.

Similar rule with the IHSAA, La Lumiere isn't considered a member and isn't allowed to play in IHSAA sanctioned tournaments. I know recently Center Grove, Cathedral, and Culver have all played La Lumiere. I believe La Lumiere played in a tournament hosted by Brownsburg a year or two back. 

6 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

The IMG "National" team is barred from the Florida High School association postseason. The "Varsity" team isn't and plays in the tournament.

Similar rule with the IHSAA, La Lumiere isn't considered a member and isn't allowed to play in IHSAA sanctioned tournaments. I know recently Center Grove, Cathedral, and Culver have all played La Lumiere. I believe La Lumiere played in a tournament hosted by Brownsburg a year or two back. 

To clarify....the Varsity team is a part of the SSIA. I cannot find out exactly what that stands for....my guess is Sunshine State something. BUT, that is separate from the FHSAA. So,the IMG Varsity team does not participate in the “official” State tournament The difference appears to be that non public schools are part of the SSIA, while traditional public schools are part of the FHSAA. 

8 hours ago, DT said:

Exact same thing we are suggesting.  IMG - Cathedral in football is same as LaLumierre - Cathedral in hoops

As many issues...or errr....quintessential “dislike” (being polite) that I might have for Cathedral and their ability to compete unrestricted...and, in my opinion, unfairly (an opinion shared, I think, with more than a few of those from Roncalli, Scecina, Ritter, Brebeuf and no few Publics) your comment is hogwash.

Whatever I might think of them (along with so many others)....they aren’t IMG or LaLumierre....rather they are a single state version .....an “Indiana” version (rather than a “national” version) of IMG or LaLumierre isolated to a single State.

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

As many issues...or errr....quintessential “dislike” (being polite) that I might have for Cathedral and their ability to compete unrestricted...and, in my opinion, unfairly (an opinion shared, I think, with more than a few of those from Roncalli, Scecina, Ritter, Brebeuf and no few Publics) your comment is hogwash.

Whatever I might think of them (along with so many others)....they aren’t IMG or LaLumierre....rather they are a single state version .....an “Indiana” version (rather than a “national” version) of IMG or LaLumierre isolated to a single State.

Do you think that deep down, Hammond Morton feels like they have a chance to beat Mighty Cathedral on Sept 24?

Probably not.

But Morton sees itself  as an ascending program and they feel playing Cathedral will give their kids an opportunity to compete against the very best competition possible.  They are sharpening the saw.  Exposing their kids to an extreme challenge.  It takes balls to schedule a game like that.  Lasalle and Morton have some serious sack.  Kudos to them.

8 hours ago, DT said:

Do you think that deep down, Hammond Morton feels like they have a chance to beat Mighty Cathedral on Sept 24?

Probably not.

But Morton sees itself  as an ascending program and they feel playing Cathedral will give their kids an opportunity to compete against the very best competition possible.  They are sharpening the saw.  Exposing their kids to an extreme challenge.  It takes balls to schedule a game like that.  Lasalle and Morton have some serious sack.  Kudos to them.

I agree.  Kudos to them.