Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

21 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm not whining. No skin off my nose if your workplace blocks Facebook and you're too cheap to pay for internet at home.

lol, I've had internet at home for over a year now.   It's how I'm currently working totally from home for at least the next three weeks.

Still have facebook blocked at the router level.

• Disdain 1

15 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Happy to see you've entered the 90's. Did you go with America OnLine, or NetZero?

Comcast/Xfinity.  Last time I checked the speed about a week ago I was getting approx. 70mbs down and 6mbs up.  However my cable modem is an older Motorola SB6120 that I bought used so it only conforms to the DOCSIS 3.0 standard and not the new 3.1.   So I theoretically could get faster speeds, IF Comcast has updated the Frankfort area to DOCSIS 3.1.   

Anyway that speed and the unlimited data meet our needs for now.  

• Disdain 1

Justice Department drops prosecution of Russians indicted by Mueller. The Russians actually showed up in court to challenge the indictment. The trial was scheduled to start in a few weeks. The prosecutor who dropped the charges was on team Mueller.

The mainstream media fake news lied non stop for over two years and had every lefty on the GID forum whipped up into a frenzy.🤣

56 minutes ago, Howe said:

Justice Department drops prosecution of Russians indicted by Mueller. The Russians actually showed up in court to challenge the indictment. The trial was scheduled to start in a few weeks. The prosecutor who dropped the charges was on team Mueller.

The mainstream media fake news lied non stop for over two years and had every lefty on the GID forum whipped up into a frenzy.🤣

In an amazing bout of irony, @Howe posts a video in one thread about how the media is taking China's side and then flips around to brag about how the JOD is dropping Russian prosecution.  Of course, what's missing is the reasoning WHY which doesn't fit with @Howe's inference.  Prosecutors have stated:

FTA:

Still, prosecutors argued that the company’s request to have sensitive new evidence sent to Russia “unreasonably risks the national security interests of the United States.”

Some of the court appearances in the case have been unusually contentious, with the federal judge overseeing it chastising a lawyer for Concord, Eric Dubelier, for references in court filings to Looney Tunes and the 1978 raunchy comedy “Animal House” to criticize the Mueller investigation.

“I’ll say it plain and simply: Knock it off,” U.S District Judge Dabney Friedrich told Dubelier at a January 2019 court appearance.

Dubelier, who has referred to the case as involving a “made up” crime, has made allegations of prosecutorial misconduct and even once accused the judge of bias. The judge rejected the allegation.

But with the case approaching trial, prosecutors said they had to weigh the risk of potentially exposing sensitive national security information against the benefits of continuing with the case against a company that likely wouldn’t face any significant punishment in the U.S.

In the court filing on Monday, prosecutors said Concord had been “eager and aggressive in using the judicial system to gather information about how the United States detects and prevents foreign election interference.”

“In short, Concord has demonstrated its intent to reap the benefits of the Court’s jurisdiction while positioning itself to evade any real obligations or responsibility,” prosecutors wrote. “It is no longer in the best interests of justice or the country’s national security to continue this prosecution.”

Concord Catering did not have attorneys appear in court, but prosecutors said they would seek to drop charges against that company as well because it too was controlled by Prigozhin and “based on the likelihood that its approach to litigation would be the same as Concord.”

Prosecutors vowed to continue to pursue their case against the 13 Russians who were named in Mueller’s indictment, along with the troll farm that Concord was alleged to have funded, the Internet Research Agency.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, foxbat said:

In an amazing bout of irony, @Howe posts a video in one thread about how the media is taking China's side and then flips around to brag about how the JOD is dropping Russian prosecution.  Of course, what's missing is the reasoning WHY which doesn't fit with @Howe's inference.  Prosecutors have stated:

FTA:

Still, prosecutors argued that the company’s request to have sensitive new evidence sent to Russia “unreasonably risks the national security interests of the United States.”

Some of the court appearances in the case have been unusually contentious, with the federal judge overseeing it chastising a lawyer for Concord, Eric Dubelier, for references in court filings to Looney Tunes and the 1978 raunchy comedy “Animal House” to criticize the Mueller investigation.

“I’ll say it plain and simply: Knock it off,” U.S District Judge Dabney Friedrich told Dubelier at a January 2019 court appearance.

Dubelier, who has referred to the case as involving a “made up” crime, has made allegations of prosecutorial misconduct and even once accused the judge of bias. The judge rejected the allegation.

But with the case approaching trial, prosecutors said they had to weigh the risk of potentially exposing sensitive national security information against the benefits of continuing with the case against a company that likely wouldn’t face any significant punishment in the U.S.

In the court filing on Monday, prosecutors said Concord had been “eager and aggressive in using the judicial system to gather information about how the United States detects and prevents foreign election interference.”

“In short, Concord has demonstrated its intent to reap the benefits of the Court’s jurisdiction while positioning itself to evade any real obligations or responsibility,” prosecutors wrote. “It is no longer in the best interests of justice or the country’s national security to continue this prosecution.”

Concord Catering did not have attorneys appear in court, but prosecutors said they would seek to drop charges against that company as well because it too was controlled by Prigozhin and “based on the likelihood that its approach to litigation would be the same as Concord.”

Prosecutors vowed to continue to pursue their case against the 13 Russians who were named in Mueller’s indictment, along with the troll farm that Concord was alleged to have funded, the Internet Research Agency.

Prosecutors typically do not indict people with the intent of dismissing the case. Apparently the attorney for the indicted ridiculed and humiliated the prosecution in court. Much in the same manner as Republican congressional members ridiculed and humiliated Mueller on national television. You have always been a passionate supporter of the Mueller Dossier.

8 minutes ago, Howe said:

Prosecutors typically do not indict people with the intent of dismissing the case. Apparently the attorney for the indicted ridiculed and humiliated the prosecution in court. Much in the same manner as Republican congressional members ridiculed and humiliated Mueller on national television. You have always been a passionate supporter of the Mueller Dossier.

Didn't read the article again did you?  https://time.com/5804477/justice-department-drops-charges-mueller-probe/ I doubt that prosecutors worry too much about being razzed by a defense attorney.  If they are, then they shouldn't be in the business to begin with.  Again, from the article, "Prosecutors vowed to continue to pursue their case against the 13 Russians who were named in Mueller’s indictment, along with the troll farm that Concord was alleged to have funded, the Internet Research Agency."

I think "passionate" may be a bit strong a word.  I tend to be a supporter of paying attention to what's going on and not acting like it doesn't exist.  And, just so we're pretty clear, you seem to believe that this item means that there's no merit to any of the claims, indictments, etc.  That's the kind of argument that folks who defend Al Capone probably made ... never been indicted for murder or anything else, other than tax issues.  Obviously he's no criminal, right?  While YOU may not consider Yevgeny Prigozhin to be anyone of interest, there's a reason that he's tied very closely to Putin and it ain't because he's his conscience:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50264747

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm787

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/26/17044930/yevgheny-prigozhin-putin-mueller-troll-farm

Of course, as I pointed out in another thread, it's ironic that you post a video complaining about the media "defending China" ... of course the latest talking points directly from the President himself ... as if that makes them somehow or another bad people or, God forbid, un-American , but you revel in attacking a card-carrying Republican, who served this country VOLUNTARILY in Vietnam and served as a Deputy AG/FBI Director/ Assistant AG under three different presidents. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, foxbat said:

Didn't read the article again did you?  https://time.com/5804477/justice-department-drops-charges-mueller-probe/ I doubt that prosecutors worry too much about being razzed by a defense attorney.  If they are, then they shouldn't be in the business to begin with.  Again, from the article, "Prosecutors vowed to continue to pursue their case against the 13 Russians who were named in Mueller’s indictment, along with the troll farm that Concord was alleged to have funded, the Internet Research Agency."

I think "passionate" may be a bit strong a word.  I tend to be a supporter of paying attention to what's going on and not acting like it doesn't exist.  And, just so we're pretty clear, you seem to believe that this item means that there's no merit to any of the claims, indictments, etc.  That's the kind of argument that folks who defend Al Capone probably made ... never been indicted for murder or anything else, other than tax issues.  Obviously he's no criminal, right?  While YOU may not consider Yevgeny Prigozhin to be anyone of interest, there's a reason that he's tied very closely to Putin and it ain't because he's his conscience:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50264747

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm787

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/26/17044930/yevgheny-prigozhin-putin-mueller-troll-farm

Of course, as I pointed out in another thread, it's ironic that you post a video complaining about the media "defending China" ... of course the latest talking points directly from the President himself ... as if that makes them somehow or another bad people or, God forbid, un-American , but you revel in attacking a card-carrying Republican, who served this country VOLUNTARILY in Vietnam and served as a Deputy AG/FBI Director/ Assistant AG under three different presidents. 

I see you are still drinking the Russia hoax and Mueller Dossier kool aid.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

1 hour ago, Howe said:

He also said that he and Xi "loved" each other too ...

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3047071/donald-trump-says-he-and-chinas-xi-jinping-love-each-other

FTA:

“He’s for China, I’m for the US, but other than that we love each other,” Trump said in his speech, stirring laughter in the room.

“Our relationship with China has probably never been better. We went through a very rough patch, but it has never, ever been better.”

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/02/14/asia-pacific/science-health-asia-pacific/contradicting-trump-key-white-house-figure-says-u-s-disappointed-chinas-virus-transparency/#.XnfAq3J7nmE

FTA:

Trump told the Geraldo Rivera “Roadkill” radio program that he has confidence in Beijing and understood officials’ reluctance to provide information.

“I think they want to put the best face on it,” he said. “You wouldn’t want to run out to the world, and go crazy and start saying whatever it is, because you don’t want to create a panic.”

“I think they’ve handled it professionally and I think they’re extremely capable and I think President Xi is extremely capable,” he said.

Contrary to Kudlow’s description of Beijing’s not allowing access, Trump said: “We’re working with them. We’re sending a lot of people.”

Of course, there's always Kim too that the President has such a great relationship with ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/world/asia/north-korea-missile.html

FTA:

North Korea launched two short-range ballistic missiles off its east coast on Saturday in the country’s third weapons test this month, the South Korean military said.

The tests have signaled a return to provocative actions by North Korea a year after a failed summit meeting between Mr. Kim and President Trump.

Of course, he fell in love with Kim too ...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/30/trump-kim-jong-un-fell-in-love-west-virginia-rally-bts-vpx.cnn

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Howe said:

You're posting about a man with negative net approval ratings in the fourth year of his presidency?  And this isn't a single poll ... it's an average of LOTS of polls including the President's favorites like Rasmussen which skews right. For all the data points going back all the way to the beginning ... https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html#polls.

image.thumb.png.646be84b69573a5c3e417116941fdd9b.png

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

You're posting about a man with negative net approval ratings in the fourth year of his presidency?  And this isn't a single poll ... it's an average of LOTS of polls including the President's favorites like Rasmussen which skews right. For all the data points going back all the way to the beginning ... https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html#polls.

image.thumb.png.646be84b69573a5c3e417116941fdd9b.png

The recent Harris poll is not "an average of a lots of polls" "going all the way back to the beginning". It is simply a recent poll.

I laughed about all the libtards on this forum when Jimmy Dore was ripping the Mcarthyism approach during the past three years. Libtards are easily manipulated, gullible fools.

• Disdain 2

3 minutes ago, Howe said:

The recent Harris poll is not "an average of a lots of polls" "going all the way back to the beginning". It is simply a recent poll.

I laughed about all the libtards on this forum when Jimmy Dore was ripping the Mcarthyism approach during the past three years. Libtards are easily manipulated, gullible fools.

image.thumb.png.2f28bbcbf35679ff3d5e4b77a5146dc8.png

5 minutes ago, foxbat said:

image.thumb.png.2f28bbcbf35679ff3d5e4b77a5146dc8.png

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/488698-trump-gets-polling-boost-but-will-it-last'

FTA:

“Presidents tend to get a bump in wartime as Americans rally around the flag, so it would be no surprise that in a time of crisis the president’s approval rating took a turn in a more positive direction,” said Tim Malloy, the polling director for Quinnipiac University.

At the moment, only the Harris Poll shows Trump’s overall job approval rating over the 50 percent mark.

That bump has not been reflected in polling averages, such as FiveThirtyEight’s job rating aggregator, where Trump’s approval is at 43 percent. Several other surveys conducted over the past few days have put the president in the 46-47 percent range.

On 3/22/2020 at 10:37 PM, Howe said:

What a difference a couple of weeks makes in the simply recent poll ...

image.png.8a2f4fa5b54adf6fd0efc2c1ae4fc095.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Howe said:

We will see in November

image.png.382b3104a40de5c97eec3a18b7976a90.png

Remember that the 3 million+ votes that Clinton had over Trump?  Didn't matter.  Similarly with square miles.

BTW, just for comparison ... Here's New York, in county coverage, in 2016.  Clinton won 17 counties to Trump's 45.  Trump dropped that state by 22%+ ... and 100% of its electoral votes.  It ain't about square miles, it's about population density and votes when carving up states.

image.thumb.png.b85e629f53cfd0cc5b22bc432085a769.png

The ‘Orange Man Bad’ Disease: https://spectator.org/the-orange-man-bad-disease/

As late as March 11, Mayor Bill de Blasio was still telling New York City residents to carry on life as normal: “If you’re not sick, you should be going about your life.” Two days earlier, Italy had announced a national lockdown to prevent the spread of coronavirus, and cases were already beginning to appear in New York, but de Blasio did not close the city’s schools until March 15.

Now that New York City has become the epicenter of this pandemic — more than 32,000 cases as of Sunday, with nearly 700 deaths — Mayor de Blasio’s response to the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak appears astonishingly irresponsible. Jim Geraghty of National Review has compiled a timeline of how New York City officials dealt with the crisis, and their recklessness seems mindboggling in hindsight. Early on, their main concern was that the virus might discourage city residents from attending Chinese New Year celebrations. “I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about #coronavirus,” the city’s health commissioner Oxiris Barbot said in a Feb. 9 tweet, promoting festivities in Chinatown.

As idiotic as such declarations seem now, we must note that hindsight is always 20/20, and very few Americans in early February believed that we faced any great danger of this disease becoming rampant here. Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) have spent recent weeks blaming President Trump for this crisis, but it is important to point out that the same people were downplaying the coronavirus threat just a few weeks ago. Trump’s critics want us to forget, for example, that when the president announced a ban on travel from China on Jan. 31, many of them condemned this measure as a racist overreaction. “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science,” Joe Biden said the day after the China travel ban was announced, while falsely claiming that Trump had made “draconian cuts” to federal health agencies.

At that time, the known worldwide death toll from the Wuhan virus was still less than 200, and, because the Chinese government had sought to suppress facts about the disease, the scope of the danger was not apparent. The liberal media weren’t sounding the alarm, but quite the opposite. The headline on a Jan. 28 BuzzFeed article advised Americans, “Don’t Worry About The Coronavirus. Worry About The Flu.” On Jan. 29, Farhad Manjoo published a column in the New York Times with the headline “Beware the Pandemic Panic.” Manjoo downplayed the danger of the virus and instead cautioned, “What worries me more than the new disease is that fear of a vague and terrifying new illness might spiral into panic, and that it might be used to justify unnecessarily severe limits on movement and on civil liberties, especially of racial and religious minorities around the world.” One thing we can never expect from elite journalists is accountability. Rather than admitting his own errors, Manjoo simply pivoted to blaming Trump: “Coronavirus Is What You Get When You Ignore Science” was the headline on his March 4 column, in which he asserted that the president had “gut[ted] the United States’ pandemic-response infrastructure.”

This is the “Orange Man Bad” theory of causation, where everything bad is ultimately Trump’s fault, and the proponents of this theory evidently can’t understand why it has cost them their credibility. When journalists insist on interpreting every event from a partisan perspective — “How can we spin this to hurt Trump?” — their errors follow a predictable pattern. Thus, at one point, the danger of coronavirus was Trump’s “xenophobia,” which threatened “racial and religious minorities.” Now, we are told, the problem is that Trump is “anti-science.” Last week, one New York Times columnist blamed “the science denialism of [Trump’s] ultraconservative religious allies” for the coronavirus pandemic. The “evidence” cited in such tendentious arguments is irrelevant; what matters to liberals is the conclusion, i.e., Trump is always wrong.

Because they imagine themselves infinitely superior to the rest of us, the journalistic elite think we don’t notice the methods by which they dishonestly manipulate the narrative. They believe we won’t notice, for example, how they ignore the bungling of Democrats like Mayor de Blasio. Nor are we expected to contrast the media’s alarmism over COVID-19 with the way they treated the swine flu (H1N1) pandemic of 2009–10. According to CDC estimates, about 60 million Americans were infected with swine flu, which caused more than a quarter-million hospitalizations and more than 12,000 deaths. Yet cable-news networks didn’t provide 24/7 coverage of the swine flu outbreak or blame President Obama for the spread of the disease, so why is the Chinese coronavirus such an emergency? Obvious answer: “Orange Man Bad!”

We might not resent this belated effort to blame this plague on Trump so much if Democrats and the media (again, I repeat myself) had spent January and February spreading the alarm about COVID-19. But for much of that period, Democrats and their media allies were consumed with impeaching the president over Ukraine, and when that anti-Trump crusade failed, their attention next turned to trying to stop Bernie Sanders from winning the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination. It was not until early March — after Biden’s wins on Super Tuesday stopped the Sanders threat — that the coronavirus pandemic became the media’s obsession. It was March 6 that an MSNBC panel discussion hosted by Nicolle Wallace turned into a sort of pep rally for coronavirus, with the guests expressing the enthusiastic hope that the pandemic would become “Trump’s Katrina.”

Having made clear their intention of scapegoating the president for this virus from China, the media are now astonished that Americans aren’t buying their blame game. After polls showed Trump’s approval ratings had risen during this crisis, the networks decided to stop carrying live broadcasts of Trump’s coronavirus briefings. This is more evidence of media bias that we’re supposedly too stupid to notice, in the same way we’re not supposed to notice either (a) Joe Biden’s rapid descent into senility or (b) the media’s effort to promote New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo as a substitute presidential nominee for the Democrats.

So far, U.S. deaths from COVID-19 are still only a single-digit percentage of the more than 30,000 Americans who die annually from ordinary flu infections. As bad as the coronavirus outbreak is — and it’s likely to get much worse before it gets better — we must keep it in perspective. We must be able to distinguish between real risks from this disease and the politically motivated fear campaign being hyped by the media. Eventually, the coronavirus pandemic will end, but the media’s liberal bias is incurable. From now until November, the blame game will continue, and if Trump gets reelected, we’ll have another four years of the same shrieking journalistic hysteria: “Orange Man Bad!”

How true.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1