Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

Now we know the rest of the story:

Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report

The president has repeatedly touted the anti-malaria drug as a coronavirus treatment despite a lack of medical evidence.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-stake-company-hydroxychloroquine_n_5e8c41d7c5b6e1d10a696280

Wonder if ABC is going to issue a correction?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/pentagon-denies-abc-news-report-that-intelligence-warned-of-cataclysmic-coronavirus-pandemic-last-november

WHAT, WHEN DID DOD KNOW?: The National Center for Medical Intelligence issued a rare public denial of a report by ABC News, which alleged that “concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report” by the NCMI, which is part of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," according to an unnamed source who told ABC the reports were then “briefed multiple times,” to the DIA, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff, and the White House.

‘NO SUCH PRODUCT' EXISTS: The ABC News report, which alleged that 2019 intelligence depicted an “American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home,” sent Pentagon officials scrambling to find the report in question.

“NCMI and the Defense Intelligence Agency spent considerable time over the last 24 hours examining every possible product that could have been identified as related to this topic and have found no such product,” said a defense official last night.

That, in turn, prompted Col. R. Shane Day, a medical doctor and director of the DIA’s National Center for Medical Intelligence, to issue a rare public statement.

"As a matter of practice, the National Center for Medical Intelligence does not comment publicly on specific intelligence matters,” Day said. “However, in the interest of transparency during this current public health crisis, we can confirm that media reporting about the existence/release of a National Center for Medical Intelligence Coronavirus-related product/assessment in November of 2019 is not correct. No such NCMI product exists."

ESPER WOULD HAVE KNOWN: Defense Secretary Mark Esper was questioned about the purported November intelligence assessment by ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on last Sunday’s episode of This Week.

“Did the Pentagon receive an intelligence assessment on COVID in China last November from the National Center for Medical Intelligence of DIA?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“Oh, I can't recall, George,” said Esper, who didn’t seem to know what Stephanopoulos was referring to. “But,” he said, “we have many people who watch this closely.”

“This assessment was done in November, and it was briefed to the NSC in early December to assess the impact on military readiness, which, of course, would make it important to you, and the possible spread in the United States,” pressed Stephanopoulos. “So, you would have known if there was briefed to the National Security Council in December, wouldn't you?”

“Yes,” Esper agreed, adding, “I'm not aware of that.”

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

Of course not. 

America has been subjected to this type of nonsense for over three years. The liberal mainstream media is the laughing stock of the world.

• Disdain 2

On 3/22/2020 at 10:47 PM, foxbat said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/488698-trump-gets-polling-boost-but-will-it-last'

FTA:

“Presidents tend to get a bump in wartime as Americans rally around the flag, so it would be no surprise that in a time of crisis the president’s approval rating took a turn in a more positive direction,” said Tim Malloy, the polling director for Quinnipiac University.

At the moment, only the Harris Poll shows Trump’s overall job approval rating over the 50 percent mark.

That bump has not been reflected in polling averages, such as FiveThirtyEight’s job rating aggregator, where Trump’s approval is at 43 percent. Several other surveys conducted over the past few days have put the president in the 46-47 percent range.

He has a hard time understanding poll numbers. 

No, Poison Control Calls Aren't Suddenly Spiking After Trump's Disinfectant Comments

https://reason.com/2020/04/25/no-poison-control-calls-arent-suddenly-spiking-after-trumps-disinfectant-comments/?itm_source=parsely-api

On Thursday, the president suggested that perhaps an "injection" of disinfectant could help cure people of COVID-19. Critics of Donald Trump went to town—and rightfully so!—while supporters scrambled to settle on a defense (both "he didn't really say that" and "he did but it was sarcasm" have been in play). By Saturday morning, social media was abuzz with articles about people calling poison control centers, each crafted to illustrate how Americans had apparently taken Trump's ramblings to heart and consumed household disinfectants like Lysol and bleach.

The problem? Articles shared as illustrations of this actually said no such thing.

One article making the rounds, from the New York Daily News, is headlined "A spike in New Yorkers ingesting household cleaners following Trump's controversial coronavirus comments." But the article makes no mention of anyone deliberately consuming household cleaners. It simply states that 30 people called the city's poison control hotline "over fears that they had ingested bleach or other household cleaners."

Fearing that you ingested something doesn't jibe with having intentionally consumed that substance.

The authors of the Daily News piece, Anna Sanders and Chris Sommerfeldt, try to circumvent this inconvenient fact by noting that over the same time period in 2019, the Poison Control Center "only handled 13 similar cases." And while this time, nine calls were about possible Lysol exposure and 10 about bleach, last year's calls contained "no cases reported about Lysol exposure and only two were specifically in regards to bleach."

The paper doesn't present any other data about calls to Poison Control for comparison. But one needn't do a detailed analysis to surmise why exposure to things like Lysol and bleach—and fears about this exposure—might be up this month over April 2019. And one needn't reach for the ridiculous explanation that it's because people deliberately consumed it en masse after listening to Trump. We are in the midst of a pandemic right now, and we were not in April 2019. Of course more people are being exposed to household disinfectants at the moment than were during this time last year.

The Daily News does note that none of the callers died or required hospitalization, which also suggests their exposure was minimal and not of the Lysol-mouthwash variety.

But the Daily News piece is far from the only poison-control story being framed misleadingly. A story out of Kentucky that's being shared as "evidence" people have been consuming household cleaners following Trump's Thursday statements is actually about calls to Kentucky poison control centers in March.

"Poison control centers around the country, including here in Kentucky, are seeing a spike in calls related to COVID-19," says the WDRB.com story. Ashley Webb, director of the Kentucky Poison Control Center, told the outlet that "just in March, we saw about a 30% increase in hand sanitizer exposures and about a 50% increase in household cleaners."

A similar spike in calls to poison control centers has been seen in many states. But these boosts all started in March, as people began using more household disinfectants to try and stave off the new coronavirus, and not just last week.

Michigan reported "a nine percent increase in calls for accidental poisoning from home cleaning supplies" in March, says ABC 57.

In Maryland, over the past six weeks, "calls for toxic exposure to hand sanitizers have nearly doubled since the same time in 2018," according to Fox 5 Baltimore. "In addition, the MD Control Center has had 95 calls for bleach exposure, more than double last year's 46 calls in the same time period."

In Illinois, two people "had 'inappropriate exposure' to disinfectants after President Trump's COVID-19 briefing Thursday," reported WCIA.com on Friday. But a spokesperson for Illinois Poison Control told WCIA that this wasn't unusual and calls had been up 36 percent since the COVID-19 pandemic's start, often related to people doing things like trying to wash produce with cleaners that are toxic for people to ingest.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 28,158 people called U.S. poison control centers about possible exposure to household cleaners in March 2020, compared to 25,021 in March 2019. The number of calls about possible exposure to disinfectants went from 12,801 in March 2019 to 17,392 in March 2020.

The CDC report containing these numbers was released this week, so many have interpreted the data as being related to the Trump disinfectant hoopla. But the CDC data on poison control calls end on March 31.

OMB.  TDS.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/26/politics/trump-briefings-media-blame-disinfectant-comments/index.html

(CNN)The furor over President Donald Trump's toxic suggestion that the coronavirus might be treated with an injection of disinfectant mounted Sunday .

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/26/birx-trump-disinfectant-coronavirus-209063

During a White House briefing Thursday, Trump floated the dangerous possibility that Americans could ingest disinfectants as a remedy for the virus — a possibility that was roundly criticized and prompted warnings from health officials and manufacturers of household cleaning products.

“I think I made it very clear in how I interpreted that. I also made it very clear, and so has Dr. [Anthony] Fauci and everyone associated with the task force, in their clarity around this is not a treatment,“ she said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Trump also promoted the use of light as an internal treatment, touting research by the Department of Homeland Security on how heat, humidity and sunlight affect the virus on surfaces.

Birx said the focus on Trump’s comments caused the public to miss some vital information coming from scientific studies about sunlight and the coronavirus.

“I think it's really important to see that sunlight, direct sunlight, may actually be able to kill the virus,“ she said on “Meet the Press.”

The president later attempted to walk back his disinfectant comments amid the backlash. He falsely claimed Friday that he was “asking a question sarcastically to reporters” about disinfectants.

Tapper capped off the CNN interview adding that “the source of the misinformation is not the news media on this.

Suggestion!!!?  Promoted the use of light?  Floated the dangerous possibility Americans could ingest disinfectants?  Tapper is wrong.  The President was talking to the actual scientist (who was sitting right there BTW) about some of the things the actual scientist (that was sitting right there BTW)  and teams like his were actually testing and had briefed the President on.  You can probably bet the public won't hear about anything else anymore after that incident.......Thanks MSM......Those of us with half a sense of sanity (not the Tid-Pod munchers) actually like the briefings......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bobref said:

Every time I think this campaign rhetoric can’t get more stupid, the media and the public surprise me.

Tell me about it. 

I get on here every day, read the stupidity howe and trojandad post and think.

How the F have they lived as long as they have. 

• Disdain 1

On 4/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, Howe said:

Fake Polls

image.png.dbe9d0e6089fd6e85934404acb018d08.png

Fake Predictions

image.png.10f1725356ce7ad82d615874e16ac5da.png

Real Results:  Trump  306  Clinton  232

image.png.eb4d54f2bf60fdbdadff8e15d982630c.png

What was the margin for error in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida and Arizona? 

Thats what happens when you have 2 terrible candidates. Clinton doesn't beat obama, or kerry or bill in a primary. She doesn't beat bush 41, or 43 in an election. Trump doesn't beat Romney, McCain, Bush 43, Dole or Bush 41 in a primary and he doesn't stand a chance against President Obama, Al Gore or Bill Clinton in an election...

They were pretty spot on when it came to the house and senate in 2018 weren't they? They were pretty spot on in 12,08 and 04. 

Whats really sad is, you think he won by a landslide

Thats what happens when you dont expect Michigan to have 131,443 less votes then they did in 2012 or when Wisconsin voter turn out down by 241,131 or Iowa down by 98,509. 

Trump is in a tough fight in 2020. Biden is more popular then Clinton has less baggage then her and Trump is an actual politician now where you can attack his major failures, lies about certain stuff he said he would do or what he wouldn't do+ all the personal issues. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Bobref said:

Every time I think this campaign rhetoric can’t get more stupid, the media and the public surprise me.

3 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Tell me about it. 

I get on here every day, read the stupidity howe and trojandad post and think.

Hey, don’t let me get between you and your twin nemeses on the right. To be clear, I wasn’t including @Howe and @TrojanDad in my definition of “media.” And the topic that had me smh ... again ... was the furious debate over whether the President actually told people to gargle with bleach, shoot up Lysol, begin an intimate relationship with Mr. Clean, or whatever it supposedly was. We need to get back to the real issues: whether Biden is so senile that he’s likely to just aimlessly roam the corridors of the White House, or whether Trump is, indeed, the Antichrist.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

By relying on their own work ethic, intelligence, and personal morality to earn a living, raise a family,  weather challenges, etc.    Unlike others who choose to primarily rely on the state to provide for them and make decisions.  Just easier that way I guess...............

• Thanks 2
  • Disdain 1