Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

Just now, Muda69 said:

Make sure you text your "friends" about this little conversation.

Have a Nice Day.

Nah....nothing worth texting there lo.

thank you, you have a great day as well. Slow cooking a pork tenderloin on my Traeger for dinner. It’s gonna be great. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

You are biased if you only provide that type of feedback one way.  Big time.  

And the negative votes come regardless of what is posted, especially if the position is counter to theirs.

Now the bias makes more sense.

To clarify, are you accusing me specifically of being bias? My initial thought on the first part you quoted and commented on was a general statement. But then the second quote and comment appears as if you are saying I specifically am. 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Using that kind of logic doesn't that also mean:

1. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with the Common Cold?

2. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with the Seasonal Influenza?

3. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with Hepatitis?

4. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with Herpes

5. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be diagnosed with various Cancers?

6. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be hit by a motor vehicle?

7. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be struck by an errant baseball being thrown?

8. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be shot with a firearm?

9. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with Chlamydia?

10. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with Staph?

11. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with E. Coli?

12. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with Shigellosis?

13. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with Syphilis?

14. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with Norovirus?

15. There is a huge pool of potential victims out there waiting to be infected with salmonella?

Ad nauseaum.

And to keep this tangent somewhat on the topic of this thread I guess the primary government reaction to all of these are the responsibility of Mr. Trump.

This is intellectually unworthy of you. 

On 5/16/2020 at 6:54 AM, Bobref said:

The plot thickens! Now what we need is a good, old-fashioned snitch. How about if the admins award points as a bounty to whoever comes forward with information that leads to the unmasking of this dual-ID fiend?

I will offer up 1 GAZILLION points!!   You heard me right:  1 GAZILLION Points.   you know because it so important!!

On 5/16/2020 at 10:01 AM, Howe said:

Apparently one or more of the moderator(s) considered the serial down voting of Muda as harrassment as he was awarded 20,000 positive points.

This forum has a neo-liberal and his alter ego submitting serial down votes to anyone who threatens his "safe space".  Hilarious!

Again for the millionth time or maybe 4th time, I lost count,  RepPointGate was solely the brain child of ME and only ME, and now since it has created such a stir, I did it a 2nd time, and sat back and giggle every time someone continues to harp about it.    it is glorious  

23 hours ago, Irishman said:

It probably would not matter to know that I know enough about both individuals to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not the same person. 

Have to admit the conspiracy about Tom Hanks being dead is almost as entertaining as this one. 

You like my Hanks did you?  

You chatterboxes over here are the gift that keeps on giving.    The Muda Pingpong Cat GIF continues strong so many years and a few rebuilds later.   Fascinating the endurance by most parties involved.   

I may just make me one of those Lewbowski's to honor one of the formers who is no longer as his endurance was gone long ago.    

Happy Sunday

Oh  by the way, I went out yesterday,  Costco, Liquor store of course, Bank, and enjoyed wearing my mask.   No issues, doesn't bother me one bit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To say Howe’s posts are not unique may show your bias? 
Maybe your selective memory sees a bias that isn’t there? I have called others out on posting style. This has just been the most recent. 
My personal views of Trump are no different than my views of Biden, so that is not factoring into it. But somebody that regularly calls out or makes fun of others for their blind loyalty/allegiance to a person, group, or way of thinking, while ignoring it in himself deserves to be called out on his bs, especially when the claims like the ones he made that started this recent exchange were just ridiculous. 
I will say this though, and give him credit for it as well......while the conversation had two distinct views in a conversation, neither of us allowed it to devolve into childish name calling. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Irishman said:

To say Howe’s posts are not unique may show your bias? 
Maybe your selective memory sees a bias that isn’t there? I have called others out on posting style. This has just been the most recent. 
My personal views of Trump are no different than my views of Biden, so that is not factoring into it. But somebody that regularly calls out or makes fun of others for their blind loyalty/allegiance to a person, group, or way of thinking, while ignoring it in himself deserves to be called out on his bs, especially when the claims like the ones he made that started this recent exchange were just ridiculous. 

You are similar to Presidential debate moderators. You clearly support and add interference for one side. No one asked for your input on "the claims like the ones he made that started this recent exchange were just ridiculous".  You posted your opinion but no proof that the claim was "ridiculous".

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Howe said:

You are similar to Presidential debate moderators. You clearly support and add interference for one side. No one asked for your input on "the claims like the ones he made that started this recent exchange were just ridiculous".  You posted your opinion but no proof that the claim was "ridiculous".

You have provided the “proof” yourself. The claim you made was plain nonsense and pure conjecture on your part, but offered as fact. The proof was in your own words. I support or add interference for one side huh? And I guess you present a fair and equal amount of criticism for both sides, I guess? lol....hilarious. I can prove that just in the last week, and throughout my time, I have been critical of both sides. But because I am critical of the President, the one you so blindly support, you only see one side. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

You have provided the “proof” yourself. The claim you made was plain nonsense and pure conjecture on your part, but offered as fact. The proof was in your own words. I support or add interference for one side huh? 

I did not conduct a forensic analysis of the disdain reaction from multiple user ID's within 60 seconds of each other on the same thread four times in an 83 minute period. To my knowledge, no one else has conducted such analysis either.

I have a brother who is a former high school principal and football coach. He joined this forum a few years ago. I am confident that I could get his password and post comments under two separate user ID's.

• Disdain 1

35 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I’m not going to argue with you. It’s fruitless. What I do know is that you haven’t called out anyone but him. He’s hardly alone with posts that could be deemed offensive by some. In my opinion, that isolated action to single him out above all others is absolutely selective and biased.  You don’t have to agree.

As far as your last comment, that’s fantastic.  Maybe unlike others, there is actually a presence of mutual fondness.

Yet here you are arguing.....I simply called him out on a claim that he made. He decided to press the issue, so I continued to show how ridiculous it was. Sure there are other posts that qualify as offensive. I typically tend to avoid the ones that are back and forth between individuals. If anyone is willing to post here, then they should be prepared for any backlash for doing so. No one else repeatedly uses a term that equals libtards throughout his posting here, especially in reference to other posters here. Occasional name calling? Yep, but nothing close to what he does here.

So I have never called muda out on his posts? Yeah ok lol Or DT on the main forum? hmmmmm....selective memory or just bias on your part? Or did you choose to enter this discussion because you and Howe are on the same side of the fence? Or maybe most posters here are reasonable enough they don’t need to be called out for such an abrasive style? 

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

23 minutes ago, Howe said:

I did not conduct a forensic analysis of the disdain reaction from multiple user ID's within 60 seconds of each other on the same thread four times in an 83 minute period. To my knowledge, no one else has conducted such analysis either.

I have a brother who is a former high school principal and football coach. He joined this forum a few years ago. I am confident that I could get his password and post comments under two separate user ID's.

I am not EVEN talking about that. Your comment that I referred to for proof was the one where you claimed that the 77 members of your family combined with the 999 other people that work in the plant you do know no one who has contracted the virus. You admitted you did not talk to every one of those people prior to making the claim. I simply challenged the accuracy of the comment.  

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

No one else repeatedly uses a term that equals libtards throughout his posting here, especially in reference to other posters here. Occasional name calling? Yep, but nothing close to what he does here.

I use the term "libtard" to describe those who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome and refuse to apply common sense. I never reply to a comment by calling the member a libtard. This forum has members calling each others liars and worse quite freguently.

9 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I guess you can't let it go.  I wasn't arguing with you.  I simply don't agree with you...end of the story.

Yes, in the past you have called out Muda.  I don't know about DT.  

I am talking recent history here as you've repeatedly sent out general posts about posting behavior...over the last few days.  Then, you turn it directly toward a guy you had a long history with not agreeing with his views.  He was hardly the only guy over the last week that sent out posts that could be taken offensively.  Yet, you selected him.  I guess libtard must set you off.  But it is hardly the only person to post that one could take it as offensive.

You don't have to agree of your bias toward Howe.  But it is absolutely there....But hey, you should thank him...it gives you and your GID friends something to text about.

I guess you cannot let go of inserting yourself into the discussion. You want to call someone out in accurately, then be prepared for the responses. 
So NOW you decide to insert the terms “recent history” and “last few days”? Ok funny, but ok

Libtard does not set me off at all. I described it perfectly in a previous post. It is simply intellectually lazy. You are correct, he is not the only one that has posted something that could be offensive. Are you going to own your own role in that? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Howe said:

I use the term "libtard" to describe those who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome and refuse to apply common sense. I never reply to a comment by calling the member a libtard. This forum has members calling each others liars and worse quite freguently.

*frequently*

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

9 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Interesting the amount of apparent back channel communication that goes on between the GID cognoscenti and GID admins.

It's good to have friends, Muda69. You should try it sometimes. But then again I can see why most other rational individuals would want to stay far away from you...........

Edited by gonzoron

18 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

The Muda Pingpong Cat GIF continues strong so many years and a few rebuilds later.  

Oh  by the way, I went out yesterday,  Costco, Liquor store of course, Bank, and enjoyed wearing my mask.   No issues, doesn't bother me one bit 

Howdy Mr. Nowlin,

Do you have a copy of the Pingpong Cat GIF somewhere?  I can't seem to find mine anymore................

I will wear a mask in public if the establishment I want to enter requires it.  I honestly have issues with breathing and the heat buildup caused by them, not to mention the constant fiddling due to eyeglasss fogging up. Am considering just switching to a cheap balaclava I've owned for several years.

• Disdain 1

11 hours ago, gonzoron said:

It's good to have friends, Muda69. You should try it sometimes. But then again I can see why most other rational individuals would want to stay far away from you...........

Interesting that you would plagiarize an observation I made several days ago about yourself, gonzo.  That you remembered it so succinctly tells us it must have hit home.  Mission Accomplished.

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

59 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Interesting that you would plagiarize an observation I made several days ago about yourself, gonzo.  That you remembered it so succinctly tells us it must have hit home.  Mission Accomplished.

"Paraphrase" would be a more fitting description. The words of yours are highlighted as red, which is common practice for some when quoting here on the GID.

• Disdain 1

On 5/15/2020 at 4:16 PM, swordfish said:

I think the "explanation" from Ms. Sykes is pretty racist....And addresses none of the facts in the story above ....She needs to stick to her comedy - She will have a larger, more diverse audience that way......

https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-politics/what-obamagate

U.S. President Donald Trump's long-standing accusation of criminality against his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama, has taken on a new name: Obamagate.

In this new iteration being hotly promoted by Trump and his right-wing allies, Obama officials in the waning days of his administration conspired to entrap Trump's national security adviser, Michael Flynn, as part of a larger plot to bring down the incoming president.

The conspiracy theory took on new life after the Justice Department, in a dramatic about-face last week, moved to drop its criminal case against Flynn, saying the FBI was not justified in investigating him over his 2016 conversations with Russia's former ambassador to Washington.

FILE - Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn leaves the federal courthouse in Washington, following a status hearing, July 10, 2018.

FILE - Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn leaves the federal courthouse in Washington, following a status hearing, July 10, 2018.

As part of its reassessment of the Flynn case, the Justice Department released a deluge of records that shed light on previously unknown Obama administration deliberations over Flynn. That led Trump to claim that Flynn had been illegally targeted and that the decision to investigate him went all the way up to the previous president.

"The biggest political crime in American history, by far!" Trump said in one of a blizzard of tweets and retweets referencing Obamagate on Sunday.

In short order, the hashtag "Obamagate" went viral, giving an old conspiracy theory a new twist.

Asked on Monday to describe Obama's alleged crime, Trump would only offer that "some terrible things happened, and it should never be allowed to happen in our country." He predicted further disclosures in the coming weeks.

Obama is a favorite and frequent target of Trump's attacks. Trump turned up the heat on his predecessor after Obama, in leaked comments to former officials in his administration, blasted the Justice Department's decision to let Flynn off the hook, saying the "rule of law is at risk."

By advancing new allegations against the former president, Trump is also apparently seeking to implicate his likely opponent this fall, Obama's vice president, Joe Biden.

Here is a primer on the controversy.

Obamagate origins

At its core, Obamagate is an old allegation given a new name.

As early as March 2017, Trump alleged that Obama had illegally wiretapped the billionaire businessman at Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential election campaign, comparing the alleged surveillance to the Nixon-era Watergate scandal. The following year, Trump claimed that the FBI had planted an informant inside his campaign, dubbing the alleged conspiracy "Spygate."

Russia's ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak, speaks with reporters in Washington, Jan. 13, 2017.

FILE - Russia's ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak, speaks with reporters in Washington, Jan. 13, 2017.

The main allegation in Obamagate is that the former president directed the Flynn investigation, even though the FBI had no legitimate reason to probe the retired three-star general. Flynn, a one-time Democrat, served as the Obama administration's top military intelligence official before being forced out of the job and later aligning with Trump.

Flynn was investigated twice in 2016 and 2017, first as part of the FBI's probe into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia, and later over a series of conversations he had with Russia's then-ambassador to Washington, Sergey Kislyak, in which he counseled the Russians to refrain from retaliation against Obama administration sanctions — hinting that Trump would soften them once in office.

Oval Office meeting 

Central to the Obamagate conspiracy theory is an Oval Office meeting between Obama and his national security team on Jan. 5, 2017, just 15 days before Trump took office.

The meeting came the day after the FBI moved to formally close its investigation into Flynn's suspected ties to Russia before deciding to keep it open after learning about his intercepted calls to Kislyak.

Top intelligence officials briefed Obama on their findings on Russian election meddling. At the end of the meeting, the president asked FBI Director James Comey and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates to stay behind. Joining them were Vice President Joe Biden and National Security Adviser Susan Rice. 

FILE - Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates speaks during a news conference at the Justice Department in Washington, June 28, 2016.

FILE - Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates speaks during a news conference at the Justice Department in Washington, June 28, 2016.

As Yates recounted during a 2017 interview with special counsel Robert Mueller's team, Obama began by saying "he had learned of the information about Flynn" and his conversations with Kislyak regarding the sanctions on Russia.

This was news to Yates, who as the Justice Department's No. 2 official oversaw the FBI but had not been told about it.

As Comey later told the House Intelligence Committee, he alerted CIA Director John Brennan as soon as he learned about the Flynn calls. Brennan in turn briefed Obama.

Yates and Rice later recounted what Obama said at the meeting. According to Yates, while Obama said he did not want details of the investigation, he asked "whether the White House should be treating Flynn differently" during the remaining days of the administration.

FILE - In this Sept. 27, 2016, photo, FBI Director James Comey testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington.

FILE - FBI Director James Comey testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington, Sept. 27, 2016.

Yates did not recall Comey's response to the question. In an email to herself on Obama's last day in office, Rice memorialized that Obama reiterated at the meeting that "our law enforcement team needs to proceed as it normally would by the book."

Yates and other former officials have defended the Flynn investigation. Yet, the fact that the White House meeting came the day after the FBI was preparing to close the Flynn investigation, and Obama was aware of Flynn's wiretapped calls to Kislyak, has led Trump, right-wing commentators and Flynn's lawyers to claim that the subsequent Flynn investigation over his calls to Kislyak constituted an anti-Trump conspiracy that reached the highest levels of the Obama administration.

"So, the whole thing was orchestrated and set up within the FBI, (former national intelligence director James) Clapper, Brennan and in the Oval Office meeting that day with President Obama," Sydney Powell, Flynn's attorney, told Fox News on Sunday.

Recently declassified FBI records of the Flynn case that were turned over to Flynn's lawyers provided further fodder for conspiracy theory promoters.

In one widely cited handwritten note, a top FBI official mused whether the goal of interviewing Flynn over his calls to the Russian ambassador was to "get him fired" or get him to lie.

Unmasking of Flynn

The Obamagate conspiracy theory feeds off another allegation: the politically motivated unmasking of Flynn's identity during the Trump transition period.

U.S. intelligence analysts routinely "mask" the identity of U.S. persons whose communications are incidentally collected during intelligence-gathering on foreign officials. Flynn's conversations with Kislyak were apparently overheard during a routine interception of Kislyak's calls.

Authorized national security officials seeking to understand the underlying intelligence can ask the National Security Agency to "unmask" an individual's identity.

This is a common practice. But Trump and his allies have long accused former Obama administration officials of illegally unmasking Flynn's identity for political purposes.

This week, Richard Grennell, a close Trump ally who serves as acting director of national intelligence, disclosed the names of more than a dozen Obama officials who requested the unmasking of Flynn's identity during the final weeks of the administration.

The list includes a string of Obama administration officials Trump has long viewed as his enemies — Brennan, James Clapper, director of national intelligence, and Comey.

Prospects for an investigation

Since starting Obamagate, Trump has been pressing congressional Republicans to investigate Obama. That prospect is highly unlikely.

"If I were a Senator or Congressman, the first person I would call to testify about the biggest political crime and scandal in the history of the USA, by FAR, is former President Obama," Trump tweeted on Thursday. "He knew EVERYTHING. Do it @LindseyGrahamSC, just do it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. No more talk!" Trump tweeted on Thursday.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., is surrounded by reporters after he and Republican lawmakers met…

FILE - Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., speaks to reporters on Capitol Hill, Feb. 25, 2020.

But Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham, a Trump confidant, says he is not interested in dragging Obama before Congress.

"I don't think now's the time for me to do that," Graham told Politico. "I don't know if that's even possible."

But Graham vowed to call in Trump administration officials as his committee investigates the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation.

For their part, Biden and other Democrats dismiss Obamagate as a blatant attempt by Trump to divert attention from growing criticism of his handling of the coronavirus crisis. 

A much better explanation than "because he's a black man, and still is" ........

SF wonders if Howe, Gonzo, Irish, Trojan had nothing better to do on a beautiful Saturday then sit on this thread and post over 4 pages of something that had NOTHING to do with the current President......So here was the discussion from Friday afternoon........

On 5/16/2020 at 7:54 AM, Bobref said:

The plot thickens! Now what we need is a good, old-fashioned snitch. How about if the admins award points as a bounty to whoever comes forward with information that leads to the unmasking of this dual-ID fiend?

We call that a witness around here.