Sign in to follow this  
Muda69

New Donald Trump thread

43 minutes ago, swordfish said:

SF never said it did.  The article indicates that the AG assigned Durham to "examine the origins of the Russia investigation" My point was that his investigation (IMHO) could possibly expose some of the wrongdoings that led up to the Russia investigation, and the left (perhaps) wants to get ahead of it by discrediting Barr before it even gets going, and by proxy discredit Mr. Durham.  "Guilty by association"

BTW - Barr wasn't a "partisan hack" until the day he became the AG appointed by DJT.

Much like John H. Durham.  A distinguished US attorney that has served as a special prosecutor for both party's AG's in the past.  Historically regarded by both parties as one of the best - Now he will most likely become a racist, homophobic, sexist, whatever now.....

SF thinks it is amazing how the terms wiretap, spying, surveillance, etc. were so discounted and nullified after the election as never occurring, yet the Mueller report has documented incidents of those various activities in it. 

What surprises me is that Nadler thinks he needs to see more? 

Actually (IMHO) he doesn't - He just wants to poke holes in Barr's and now Durham's credibility.

Image result for john durham memes

Image result for john durham memes

Image result for nadler memes

Except your article was in response to my response about the exploding cigar meme....

• Disdain 1

Sorry you can't keep up with a conversation progression......My bad......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

SF never said it did.  The article indicates that the AG assigned Durham to "examine the origins of the Russia investigation" My point was that his investigation (IMHO) could possibly expose some of the wrongdoings that led up to the Russia investigation, and the left (perhaps) wants to get ahead of it by discrediting Barr before it even gets going, and by proxy discredit Mr. Durham.  "Guilty by association"

BTW - Barr wasn't a "partisan hack" until the day he became the AG appointed by DJT.

Much like John H. Durham.  A distinguished US attorney that has served as a special prosecutor for both party's AG's in the past.  Historically regarded by both parties as one of the best - Now he will most likely become a racist, homophobic, sexist, whatever now.....

SF thinks it is amazing how the terms wiretap, spying, surveillance, etc. were so discounted and nullified after the election as never occurring, yet the Mueller report has documented incidents of those various activities in it. 

What surprises me is that Nadler thinks he needs to see more? 

Actually (IMHO) he doesn't - He just wants to poke holes in Barr's and now Durham's credibility.

I think you may be overlooking the fact that Barr had long been suspect ... from around the time he was maneuvering Weinberger's pardon and working to help shield the equivalent of two administrations from the Iran-Contra fallout as then-AG.  He ended up getting there when he "auditioned" for his current AG role.

I do find it rich though that there's talk of discrediting an investigator after the last two years of such against Mueller.

14 hours ago, gonzoron said:

trump taxes.jpg

'Cause he's reaaaaalllllyy rich.

I like his actual response:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-would-trump-be-embarrassed-his-tax-returns

GARRETT: What’s embarrassing about his tax records?

MULVANEY: That’s what they want to know.

GARRETT: But what is it?

MULVANEY: I don’t know because I’ve never seen

GARRETT: Is there something embarrassing about his tax records?

MULVANEY: I have no idea and I don’t care.

'Cause he's reaaaaalllllyy rich.

I like his actual response:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-would-trump-be-embarrassed-his-tax-returns

GARRETT: What’s embarrassing about his tax records?

MULVANEY: That’s what they want to know.

GARRETT: But what is it?

MULVANEY: I don’t know because I’ve never seen

GARRETT: Is there something embarrassing about his tax records?

MULVANEY: I have no idea and I don’t care.

Triggered

18 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Triggered

Sorry BO - SF didn't mean get you started buddy.....

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

Sorry BO - SF didn't mean get you started buddy.....

I was talking about you....

• Haha 1

And the rats begin to scurry......

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/blame-game-pits-john-brennan-against-james-comey-over-support-for-steele-dossier

A debate is heating up over whether it was former CIA Director John Brennan or former FBI Director James Comey who attempted to include the unverified Trump dossier in the high-profile Intelligence Community Assessment of January 2017 that focused on Russian interference.

report from Fox News on Wednesday offered competing claims, with some sources telling them that a yet-to-be-made-public email chain from late 2016 shows that “Comey told [FBI] subordinates that … Brennan insisted the dossier be included” in the assessment, while a former CIA official “put the blame squarely on Comey.”

The dossier, put together by British ex-spy Christopher Steele, contained a litany of unverified claims about President Trump's ties to Russia and was used extensively in FISA applications before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to justify surveillance of former Trump campaign associate Carter Page. The dossier was compiled through Fusion GPS and funded in part by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, and its possible misuse is the subject of inquiries through the Department of Justice.

On Tuesday evening, former South Carolina congressman Trey Gowdy said that “who insisted that the dossier or the unverified material from Chris Steele be included” should be “a pretty easy thing to sort out.” Gowdy said that “the only thing [Brennan and Comey] seem to share is a hatred for Donald Trump" and that “it's going to be interesting if they begin to turn on one another." Gowdy additionally said that “Comey's got a better argument than Brennan based on what I have seen” but suggested it was possible that “sometimes when people are blaming each other, they are both right.”

The dossier was used in FISA filings beginning in October 2016 through June 2017, and Comey signed off on three of the four submissions to the Foreign Surveillance Court before he was fired in May 2017. Comey personally briefed Trump on some of the most salacious allegations in January 2017, and the dossier was subsequently released by BuzzFeed after CNN reported on that Trump-Comey meeting.

This back-and-forth over whether it was the leadership of the CIA or FBI that was pushing for the inclusion of the dossier in the intelligence community assessment is just the latest in an ongoing saga shrouded by classified documents and anonymous sourcing.

And the rats begin to scurry......

Begin? That's funny right there.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pelosi-says-border-situation-is-a-crisis-and-blames-trump

Pelosi says border situation 'is a crisis' and blames Trump

by John Gage
 | May 16, 2019 09:10 PM

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said in a Thursday press conference that the southern border is a “crisis,” and held President Trump responsible.

“We have never not said that there was a crisis. There is a humanitarian crisis at the border, and some of it provoked by the actions taken by the administration,” the speaker said when asked if there is an actual crisis at the border.

“But, yes, it is a crisis. We’ve always said that it gets to be more of a humanitarian crisis the more that Republicans — the administration, I won’t paint all the Republicans with this — the more the administration acts in the shameful way,” Pelosi said.

In January, Pelosi held a joint press conference with Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. in which the Senate minority leader declared Trump “used the backdrop of the Oval Office to manufacture a crisis, stoke fear, and divert attention.”

Trump declared a border emergency in February to help fund a wall to stop what he called a "virtual invasion” after Congress failed to pass enough funding to satisfy his initial request.

Since the Mueller report bombed, and Barr's sharks are circling - time to change the story......Guess what - There's a crisis at the Southern Border and it's Trump's fault.......Even though I have been in Congress for more than 3 decades and the President has been in office for under 3.  
Nevermind the Russian's hacking the election story for now......

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Judge rules in favor of House Democrats' efforts to obtain Trump's financial records from former accounting firm

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/judge-rules-favor-house-democrats-efforts-obtain-trumps-211000658--abc-news-topstories.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

image.png.0f2b6357d9073e119fe244258e8ddb1b.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, swordfish said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pelosi-says-border-situation-is-a-crisis-and-blames-trump

Pelosi says border situation 'is a crisis' and blames Trump

by John Gage
 | May 16, 2019 09:10 PM

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said in a Thursday press conference that the southern border is a “crisis,” and held President Trump responsible.

“We have never not said that there was a crisis. There is a humanitarian crisis at the border, and some of it provoked by the actions taken by the administration,” the speaker said when asked if there is an actual crisis at the border.

“But, yes, it is a crisis. We’ve always said that it gets to be more of a humanitarian crisis the more that Republicans — the administration, I won’t paint all the Republicans with this — the more the administration acts in the shameful way,” Pelosi said.

In January, Pelosi held a joint press conference with Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. in which the Senate minority leader declared Trump “used the backdrop of the Oval Office to manufacture a crisis, stoke fear, and divert attention.”

Trump declared a border emergency in February to help fund a wall to stop what he called a "virtual invasion” after Congress failed to pass enough funding to satisfy his initial request.

14 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Judge rules in favor of House Democrats' efforts to obtain Trump's financial records from former accounting firm

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/judge-rules-favor-house-democrats-efforts-obtain-trumps-211000658--abc-news-topstories.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

AGAIN : Since the Mueller report bombed, and Barr's sharks are circling - time to change the story......Guess what - There's a crisis at the Southern Border and it's Trump's fault.......Even though I have been in Congress for more than 3 decades and the President has been in office for under 3. 
ALSO:  We would like everyone to focus on this guy's finances.......Nevermind that Mr. Durham fella over there.......

56 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Mr. Durham

I don't listen to Limbaugh, you'll have to tell me who this is.

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

AGAIN : Since the Mueller report bombed, and Barr's sharks are circling - time to change the story......Guess what - There's a crisis at the Southern Border and it's Trump's fault.......Even though I have been in Congress for more than 3 decades and the President has been in office for under 3. 
ALSO:  We would like everyone to focus on this guy's finances.......Nevermind that Mr. Durham fella over there.......

And in other news:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/republican-congressman-destroys-arguments-trump-210644955.html

FTA:

Amash wrote that the president “engaged in impeachable conduct,” and that Attorney General William Barr deliberately misrepresented the contents of the report filed last month by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. “Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence,” Amash wrote.

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

Nevermind the Russian's hacking the election story for now.....

Unfortunately, that has been the attitude of this Administration from the beginning. No action has been taken to prevent future occurrences. That should alarm all Americans, no matter what your political affinity is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I don't listen to Limbaugh, you'll have to tell me who this is.

Sure - Not a problem.......

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/us/politics/russia-investigation-justice-department-review.html

• May 13, 2019

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.

Ahhh - The "we are trying to see Trump's finances" - "We need to investigate them" story .  (Which if President Obama was able to keep his past records hidden over his 8 years, do you really think President Trump is gonna give his financial outside of the disclosures already required)

But the real question now is:  do you now (after about a week in the news) know who Mr. Durham is?  The link to THAT story is back on page 17 of this thread......(About a week ago)

Gonzo -- Durham is a straight-shooting, even-handed, Republican-leaning, no- nonsense government servant... until he finds no evidence of any wrongdoing in the FBI's initiation of the Russia investigation, then he's a no-good, Dem-leaning, Deep State operative who needs to be the focus of the investigation of the investigation of the investigation....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this