Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

3 hours ago, Irishman said:

He pulled that "good people on both sides" kind of stuff.  Claims to have no knowledge of the situation and then follows up with the idea that the person responsible was "well meaning" [sic].  Seems to be lying about one of those and seems to be OK about the activity if the first part isn't true.

Trade wars are easy to win, but I'm not sure that farmers are believing it or living it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trade-war-news-farmers-china-120113700.html

FTA:

Beijing basically stopped importing U.S. soybeans in 2018 and promised to ramp purchases in 2019 as negotiations moved forward in early 2019. But China has now reportedly put a hold on buying U.S. soybeans as talks sour, and the pain is being felt once again in the U.S. heartland.

“Farm income is at the lowest level it’s been in years,” Brunkow said. “It’s had a tremendous impact on us.”

Last month, Bloomberg reported that “personal income for farmers fell by the most in three years in the first quarter.” This is largely due to the agricultural losses from the trade war.

“All of my neighbors have been impacted — anyone who grows soybeans,” Brunkow said. “You can even take that down Main Street in our towns — implement dealerships, car dealerships. We’ve cut back on purchasing and repairing things. And so, it’s had an impact all the way down the line in rural America.”

And although the USDA announced last week that it will be providing $16 billion to help American farmers affected by tariffs in the U.S.-China trade war — after previous aid totaling $7.7 billion — that might not be enough.

China didn't actually completely stop in 2019, but the decrease in imports was roughly 83% and, when China is the largest importer of US soybeans, in 2018 importing almost nine ties what the second-place importer, the EU-28 countries, that's a big hit.  As a matter of fact, China imported almost twice as much soybean volume as the next nine of the top-10 combined.  As things continue to stall with China, Trump's about to toss a little more rain on the scarecrow.  In case anyone's keeping score, Mexico was the 3rd largest importer of US soybeans and their imports had increased over 30% between 2018 and 2019 during a time where the US saw soybean exports drop over 30%.  Wonder how long that'll last.  Hey calling it your job ol' Hoss sure don't make it right.

46 minutes ago, Wabash82 said:

giphy.gif.a41f5188af3dc840127946f2bb1a4f58.gif

I can't decide if Howard's bro crush, cult-of-personality shtick is creepy, or just funny.

Trump made the mistake of liking one of his GID posts and now he's stalking him. 😀

It is hilarious to watch the left and the GID "deep thinkers" grasp at their tin foil hat conspiracy theories promoted by their fake news outlets.

I want to see (Guilty Until Proven Innocent) Mueller testify before congress and get humiliated by Republicans.

27 minutes ago, Howe said:

It is hilarious to watch the left and the GID "deep thinkers" grasp at their tin foil hat conspiracy theories promoted by their fake news outlets.

I want to see (Guilty Until Proven Innocent) Mueller testify before congress and get humiliated by Republicans.

1pd81m.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Howe said:

Exactly....Louie "Goober" Gohmert and Jim "Meathead" Jordan will completely embarrass Mueller.

The only triple digit IQ in the entire Trump collusion scandal is Mueller.

18 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Exactly....Louie "Goober" Gohmert and Jim "Meathead" Jordan will completely embarrass Mueller.

The only triple digit IQ in the entire Trump collusion scandal is Mueller.

Or the likes of Rep. Rob Woodall.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-woodall-read-mueller-report-msnbc-1443125

FTA:

Georgia Republican Rob Woodall offered a boastful explanation for why he has no interest in reading any part of former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report, even citing his past disinterest in reviewing accusations against Bill Clinton in 1998.

I guess he doesn't read anything?