Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yep, children on both sides of the uni-party isle.

Except in the case of the Democratic Congresswomen, it's Fake News. Borowitz Report. It's satire, in case you weren't aware. Trump's racist tirade, unfortunately, was not.

20 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Except in the case of the Democratic Congresswomen, it's Fake News. Borowitz Report. It's satire, in case you weren't aware. Trump's racist tirade, unfortunately, was not.

I am in no way endorsing Trumps Twitter tirade over the weekend. But I will say once again he’s playing the media and dems like a fiddle. Of late the mainstream of the party is distancing themselves from VOC, there’s been plenty of air time discussing the rift between the VOC Squad and the leadership. Internal polling shows VOC is the face (and mouth) of the party among the vaunted independents, and has miserable approval numbers. Trump has once again unified them against him, and in doing so has made VOC the face of the party. IMO you can say what you want about Trump, but the dude understands media, and he understands how to use them to his advantage. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I am in no way endorsing Trumps Twitter tirade over the weekend. But I will say once again he’s playing the media and dems like a fiddle. Of late the mainstream of the party is distancing themselves from VOC, there’s been plenty of air time discussing the rift between the VOC Squad and the leadership. Internal polling shows VOC is the face (and mouth) of the party among the vaunted independents, and has miserable approval numbers. Trump has once again unified them against him, and in doing so has made VOC the face of the party. IMO you can say what you want about Trump, but the dude understands media, and he understands how to use them to his advantage. 

I would agree. And usually when he takes a big leap like this, it serves as a distraction away from something bigger...not sure what it could be this time; Epstein? North Korea? War with Iran? Regardless, I do think it is a fine line that he jumped way over this time. While it does keep AOC in the forefront, going as far as he did with this one will erode the support he still has; especially from the ones who voted for him just because he was not Hillary. If he wants to push the envelope that far and rely on the support from the racist groups on his side, he will lose the election. I am guessing that some lame explanation of what he REALLY meant will be coming soon. I still hold to the notion that his health is fading, physically and mentally, and comments and tweets like this will be more common from him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Doesn't matter if it is satire or not.  I have no idea what the "Borowitz Reports" is.    A mature adult wouldn't even deign Mr. Trump's tweets/rants worthy of a response.   Whatever happened to taking the high road?

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I would agree. And usually when he takes a big leap like this, it serves as a distraction away from something bigger...not sure what it could be this time; Epstein? North Korea? War with Iran? Regardless, I do think it is a fine line that he jumped way over this time. While it does keep AOC in the forefront, going as far as he did with this one will erode the support he still has; especially from the ones who voted for him just because he was not Hillary. If he wants to push the envelope that far and rely on the support from the racist groups on his side, he will lose the election. I am guessing that some lame explanation of what he REALLY meant will be coming soon. I still hold to the notion that his health is fading, physically and mentally, and comments and tweets like this will be more common from him. 

I'm not sure on the distraction premise. I seem to recall early in his presidency the media telling us he was going to get us in a war with North Korea. Now they're telling us he's going to get us in a war with Iran, I didn't buy it then, and I'm not buying it now. Though I must say, Iran shouldn't let their alligator mouth overload their humming bird ass. They're being pretty stupid with their navy. Epstein is a non-factor. There's plenty of dirt on both sides, that story will quietly fade away and he'll go to jail. 

Looking at the group who voted for him because he wasn't Hillary, do you really believe the those voters flip based on the current crop of D candidates? I do not. 

Support from racist groups is greatly exaggerated in my opinion. Lust looking at the KKK by most estimates has a current membership of 5000-8000 nationwide. I don't see that they have significant enough numbers to influence anything. I can't imagine across the board of hate groups that are substantial enough numbers to matter. Also of note The Southern Poverty Law Center has listed over 1000 current hate groups in the US. Listed beside the KKK is the Nation of Islam, so to some extent those numbers are going to cancel each other out.  

I will stand by my statement, he's a brilliant, though unconventional tactician. The media and the dems are being played like a fiddle. 

Once again as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are on their "impeach Trump" tour, what legislation have they proposed to fix the problem at the border that they seem so concerned about? They seem really long on bitching, and really short on fixes.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Trump won on very slim margins in three States; he doesn’t have to offend many people to lose in 2020.

3 hours ago, Irishman said:

Image may contain: text

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

33 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I hear ya IO...but I don't know.  Could it be that he simply just doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut?  The Dems were tearing each other up....AOC was going after Pelosi hard...even threw the racism allegation at her.  Trump jumped into to defend Pelosi of the racism allegation.  Why wouldn't Trump get a box of popcorn, sit back and watch them devour each other.  Instead, he can't stay off Twitter, and now unites them to all turn back on him.  Now Congress is going to condemn him with a racism charge.  I lean with Irish and Dante (that hurt)....his margin isn't huge in swing states....and the R word is pretty hard to overcome.

If this was a deliberate move, he might have miscalculated this one.  AOC and Pelosi were at war....Epstein and Clinton on the news.....and with one Tweet, he took that all away.......

I guess time will tell won't it. 

FYI, in my opinion, the Clinton's are irrelevant in 2020, it's time for EVERYONE to move on, and FWIW, the dude it Teflon, nothing is going to stick to him, so don't waste your time.  

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Why is this in the Donald Trump thread?

Freudian slip.

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy,  He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” - DJT

Edited by BARRYOSAMA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Why is this in the Donald Trump thread?

SF thought it was germane to the posts above it......

57 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Freudian slip.

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy,  He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” - DJT

LOL - Then he (DJT) threw him (JE) out of his (DJT's) club a few years later........Freudian slip - my patoooty.....

• Kill me now 1

55 minutes ago, swordfish said:

SF thought it was germane to the posts above it......

LOL - Then he (DJT) threw him (JE) out of his (DJT's) club a few years later........Freudian slip - my patoooty.....

Then he (DJT) hired the fool (AA) who gave the pedo (JE) a get outta jail free card (where he (JE) continued to abuse girls) to a cabinet position.  Me things someone (SF) projects to protect.  

Edited by BARRYOSAMA
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Then he (DJT) hired the fool (AA) who gave the pedo (JE) a get outta jail free card (where he (JE) continued to abuse girls) to a cabinet position.  Me things someone (SF) projects to protect.  

You do realize without Acosta (federal) the state attorney would have let him (JE) free?  OK - just making sure.  This was a state case, not a federal case.  Maybe he (AA) should have left this to the State to decide.......and let (JE)  go.....At least he'd (AA) still have a job in DJT's administration........

Doesn't matter now, the current Secretary of Labor (AA) is gone the end of this month for giving (JE) jail time when the State he was in wasn't going to......Makes perfect sense to the SF's liberal line of flawed thinking......

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/740425294/labor-sec-alex-acosta-defends-his-handling-of-jeffrey-epstein-plea-deal

Acosta said Wednesday that his office had handled the case appropriately. He said the Epstein case was complicated by the fact that it had originated with state rather than federal authorities and that many of the young victims were scared by the prospect of testifying. He said that telling the victims the deal involved a mechanism for restitution could have jeopardized their case, by allowing Epstein's attorneys to paint the victims as motivated by money.

Such a deal might not look very good in retrospect, Acosta said, explaining that it was the prosecutors' calculation that it was better to secure a guilty plea and register Epstein as a sex offender than risk going to trial and potentially see Epstein go free. "There is a value to a sure guilty plea, because letting him walk — letting what the state attorney was ready to do go forward — would have been absolutely awful," he said.In Acosta's telling, it was the U.S. attorney's office that intervened when state prosecutors failed to charge Epstein with appropriately serious crimes. He said that a grand jury had returned only a single charge of solicitation of prostitution and that Epstein would have faced no jail time if not for the federal prosecutors' insistence on a stricter deal.

He also blamed Florida officials for the work release granted to Epstein during his sentence. Acosta called the work release "BS" and said that because the non-prosecution deal was an agreement between the state and Epstein, it was the state's authority to grant him such freedom.

5 hours ago, swordfish said:

You do realize without Acosta (federal) the state attorney would have let him (JE) free?  OK - just making sure.  This was a state case, not a federal case.  Maybe he (AA) should have left this to the State to decide.......and let (JE)  go.....At least he'd (AA) still have a job in DJT's administration........

Doesn't matter now, the current Secretary of Labor (AA) is gone the end of this month for giving (JE) jail time when the State he was in wasn't going to......Makes perfect sense to the SF's liberal line of flawed thinking......

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/740425294/labor-sec-alex-acosta-defends-his-handling-of-jeffrey-epstein-plea-deal

Acosta said Wednesday that his office had handled the case appropriately. He said the Epstein case was complicated by the fact that it had originated with state rather than federal authorities and that many of the young victims were scared by the prospect of testifying. He said that telling the victims the deal involved a mechanism for restitution could have jeopardized their case, by allowing Epstein's attorneys to paint the victims as motivated by money.

Such a deal might not look very good in retrospect, Acosta said, explaining that it was the prosecutors' calculation that it was better to secure a guilty plea and register Epstein as a sex offender than risk going to trial and potentially see Epstein go free. "There is a value to a sure guilty plea, because letting him walk — letting what the state attorney was ready to do go forward — would have been absolutely awful," he said.In Acosta's telling, it was the U.S. attorney's office that intervened when state prosecutors failed to charge Epstein with appropriately serious crimes. He said that a grand jury had returned only a single charge of solicitation of prostitution and that Epstein would have faced no jail time if not for the federal prosecutors' insistence on a stricter deal.

He also blamed Florida officials for the work release granted to Epstein during his sentence. Acosta called the work release "BS" and said that because the non-prosecution deal was an agreement between the state and Epstein, it was the state's authority to grant him such freedom.

AA granted JE immunity from 36 federal prostitution and sex trafficking and let him plead guilty to one state charge....

A real hero...your defense of him is gross.

• Like 2

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics (2005), in 2003 there were 75,573 cases disposed of in federal district court by trial or plea. Of these, about 95 percent were disposed of by a guilty plea (Pastore and Maguire, 2003). While there are no exact estimates of the proportion of cases that are resolved through plea bargaining, scholars estimate that about 90 to 95 percent of both federal and state court cases are resolved through this process (Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2005; Flanagan and Maguire, 1990).

https://www.bja.gov/Publications/PleaBargainingResearchSummary.pdf

That is our current state and federal "justice" system.  Pile on the charges, whether truly substantiated or not, in order to frighten and demoralize the defendant.   Then plea bargain down to the one or two charges that may actually stick.

Edited by Muda69
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1