Sign in to follow this  
Muda69

New Donald Trump thread

Interesting that most of the USA now believes the office of POTUS is some magic, mythical position where one can just wave his hand and voila!  this or that problem is taken care of.

No friends, that kind of power shouldn't be in the hands of one person, not unless you a believer in true monarchies.  That power belongs in Congress.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Interesting that most of the USA now believes the office of POTUS is some magic, mythical position where one can just wave his hand and voila!  this or that problem is taken care of.

I don't think most of the USA believes that.

The POTUS himself believes he can tell any lie about any problem and that problem is taken care of. Certainly is NOT the case.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Image may contain: text

Those March 6 quotes are a dismal microcosm.

I don't see any quotes.  Must be that linking to the human cesspool known as facebook again..................

22 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I don't think most of the USA believes that.

The POTUS himself believes he can tell any lie about any problem and that problem is taken care of. Certainly is NOT the case.

Which POTUS are you referring to?  All POTUS'es have lied while in office, have they not?

• Disdain 2

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I don't see any quotes.  Must be that linking to the human cesspool known as facebook again..................

Which POTUS are you referring to?  All POTUS'es have lied while in office, have they not?

If you can’t see it, why waste your time commenting?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

If you can’t see it, why waste your time commenting?

To hear you whine about it.

Mission Accomplished.  

Enjoy the Echo Chamber.

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 2

57 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

To hear you whine about it

I'm not whining. No skin off my nose if your workplace blocks Facebook and you're too cheap to pay for internet at home.

21 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm not whining. No skin off my nose if your workplace blocks Facebook and you're too cheap to pay for internet at home.

lol, I've had internet at home for over a year now.   It's how I'm currently working totally from home for at least the next three weeks.

Still have facebook blocked at the router level.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I've had internet at home for over a year now.

Happy to see you've entered the 90's. Did you go with America OnLine, or NetZero?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Happy to see you've entered the 90's. Did you go with America OnLine, or NetZero?

Comcast/Xfinity.  Last time I checked the speed about a week ago I was getting approx. 70mbs down and 6mbs up.  However my cable modem is an older Motorola SB6120 that I bought used so it only conforms to the DOCSIS 3.0 standard and not the new 3.1.   So I theoretically could get faster speeds, IF Comcast has updated the Frankfort area to DOCSIS 3.1.   

Anyway that speed and the unlimited data meet our needs for now.  

• Disdain 1

Justice Department drops prosecution of Russians indicted by Mueller. The Russians actually showed up in court to challenge the indictment. The trial was scheduled to start in a few weeks. The prosecutor who dropped the charges was on team Mueller.

The mainstream media fake news lied non stop for over two years and had every lefty on the GID forum whipped up into a frenzy.🤣

56 minutes ago, Howe said:

Justice Department drops prosecution of Russians indicted by Mueller. The Russians actually showed up in court to challenge the indictment. The trial was scheduled to start in a few weeks. The prosecutor who dropped the charges was on team Mueller.

The mainstream media fake news lied non stop for over two years and had every lefty on the GID forum whipped up into a frenzy.🤣

In an amazing bout of irony, @Howe posts a video in one thread about how the media is taking China's side and then flips around to brag about how the JOD is dropping Russian prosecution.  Of course, what's missing is the reasoning WHY which doesn't fit with @Howe's inference.  Prosecutors have stated:

FTA:

Still, prosecutors argued that the company’s request to have sensitive new evidence sent to Russia “unreasonably risks the national security interests of the United States.”

Some of the court appearances in the case have been unusually contentious, with the federal judge overseeing it chastising a lawyer for Concord, Eric Dubelier, for references in court filings to Looney Tunes and the 1978 raunchy comedy “Animal House” to criticize the Mueller investigation.

“I’ll say it plain and simply: Knock it off,” U.S District Judge Dabney Friedrich told Dubelier at a January 2019 court appearance.

Dubelier, who has referred to the case as involving a “made up” crime, has made allegations of prosecutorial misconduct and even once accused the judge of bias. The judge rejected the allegation.

But with the case approaching trial, prosecutors said they had to weigh the risk of potentially exposing sensitive national security information against the benefits of continuing with the case against a company that likely wouldn’t face any significant punishment in the U.S.

In the court filing on Monday, prosecutors said Concord had been “eager and aggressive in using the judicial system to gather information about how the United States detects and prevents foreign election interference.”

“In short, Concord has demonstrated its intent to reap the benefits of the Court’s jurisdiction while positioning itself to evade any real obligations or responsibility,” prosecutors wrote. “It is no longer in the best interests of justice or the country’s national security to continue this prosecution.”

Concord Catering did not have attorneys appear in court, but prosecutors said they would seek to drop charges against that company as well because it too was controlled by Prigozhin and “based on the likelihood that its approach to litigation would be the same as Concord.”

Prosecutors vowed to continue to pursue their case against the 13 Russians who were named in Mueller’s indictment, along with the troll farm that Concord was alleged to have funded, the Internet Research Agency.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, foxbat said:

In an amazing bout of irony, @Howe posts a video in one thread about how the media is taking China's side and then flips around to brag about how the JOD is dropping Russian prosecution.  Of course, what's missing is the reasoning WHY which doesn't fit with @Howe's inference.  Prosecutors have stated:

FTA:

Still, prosecutors argued that the company’s request to have sensitive new evidence sent to Russia “unreasonably risks the national security interests of the United States.”

Some of the court appearances in the case have been unusually contentious, with the federal judge overseeing it chastising a lawyer for Concord, Eric Dubelier, for references in court filings to Looney Tunes and the 1978 raunchy comedy “Animal House” to criticize the Mueller investigation.

“I’ll say it plain and simply: Knock it off,” U.S District Judge Dabney Friedrich told Dubelier at a January 2019 court appearance.

Dubelier, who has referred to the case as involving a “made up” crime, has made allegations of prosecutorial misconduct and even once accused the judge of bias. The judge rejected the allegation.

But with the case approaching trial, prosecutors said they had to weigh the risk of potentially exposing sensitive national security information against the benefits of continuing with the case against a company that likely wouldn’t face any significant punishment in the U.S.

In the court filing on Monday, prosecutors said Concord had been “eager and aggressive in using the judicial system to gather information about how the United States detects and prevents foreign election interference.”

“In short, Concord has demonstrated its intent to reap the benefits of the Court’s jurisdiction while positioning itself to evade any real obligations or responsibility,” prosecutors wrote. “It is no longer in the best interests of justice or the country’s national security to continue this prosecution.”

Concord Catering did not have attorneys appear in court, but prosecutors said they would seek to drop charges against that company as well because it too was controlled by Prigozhin and “based on the likelihood that its approach to litigation would be the same as Concord.”

Prosecutors vowed to continue to pursue their case against the 13 Russians who were named in Mueller’s indictment, along with the troll farm that Concord was alleged to have funded, the Internet Research Agency.

Prosecutors typically do not indict people with the intent of dismissing the case. Apparently the attorney for the indicted ridiculed and humiliated the prosecution in court. Much in the same manner as Republican congressional members ridiculed and humiliated Mueller on national television. You have always been a passionate supporter of the Mueller Dossier.

8 minutes ago, Howe said:

Prosecutors typically do not indict people with the intent of dismissing the case. Apparently the attorney for the indicted ridiculed and humiliated the prosecution in court. Much in the same manner as Republican congressional members ridiculed and humiliated Mueller on national television. You have always been a passionate supporter of the Mueller Dossier.

Didn't read the article again did you?  https://time.com/5804477/justice-department-drops-charges-mueller-probe/ I doubt that prosecutors worry too much about being razzed by a defense attorney.  If they are, then they shouldn't be in the business to begin with.  Again, from the article, "Prosecutors vowed to continue to pursue their case against the 13 Russians who were named in Mueller’s indictment, along with the troll farm that Concord was alleged to have funded, the Internet Research Agency."

I think "passionate" may be a bit strong a word.  I tend to be a supporter of paying attention to what's going on and not acting like it doesn't exist.  And, just so we're pretty clear, you seem to believe that this item means that there's no merit to any of the claims, indictments, etc.  That's the kind of argument that folks who defend Al Capone probably made ... never been indicted for murder or anything else, other than tax issues.  Obviously he's no criminal, right?  While YOU may not consider Yevgeny Prigozhin to be anyone of interest, there's a reason that he's tied very closely to Putin and it ain't because he's his conscience:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50264747

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm787

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/26/17044930/yevgheny-prigozhin-putin-mueller-troll-farm

Of course, as I pointed out in another thread, it's ironic that you post a video complaining about the media "defending China" ... of course the latest talking points directly from the President himself ... as if that makes them somehow or another bad people or, God forbid, un-American , but you revel in attacking a card-carrying Republican, who served this country VOLUNTARILY in Vietnam and served as a Deputy AG/FBI Director/ Assistant AG under three different presidents. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, foxbat said:

Didn't read the article again did you?  https://time.com/5804477/justice-department-drops-charges-mueller-probe/ I doubt that prosecutors worry too much about being razzed by a defense attorney.  If they are, then they shouldn't be in the business to begin with.  Again, from the article, "Prosecutors vowed to continue to pursue their case against the 13 Russians who were named in Mueller’s indictment, along with the troll farm that Concord was alleged to have funded, the Internet Research Agency."

I think "passionate" may be a bit strong a word.  I tend to be a supporter of paying attention to what's going on and not acting like it doesn't exist.  And, just so we're pretty clear, you seem to believe that this item means that there's no merit to any of the claims, indictments, etc.  That's the kind of argument that folks who defend Al Capone probably made ... never been indicted for murder or anything else, other than tax issues.  Obviously he's no criminal, right?  While YOU may not consider Yevgeny Prigozhin to be anyone of interest, there's a reason that he's tied very closely to Putin and it ain't because he's his conscience:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50264747

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm787

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/26/17044930/yevgheny-prigozhin-putin-mueller-troll-farm

Of course, as I pointed out in another thread, it's ironic that you post a video complaining about the media "defending China" ... of course the latest talking points directly from the President himself ... as if that makes them somehow or another bad people or, God forbid, un-American , but you revel in attacking a card-carrying Republican, who served this country VOLUNTARILY in Vietnam and served as a Deputy AG/FBI Director/ Assistant AG under three different presidents. 

I see you are still drinking the Russia hoax and Mueller Dossier kool aid.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 3

If only the genius would have stocked up on masks and test kits.

Whoops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howe said:

He also said that he and Xi "loved" each other too ...

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3047071/donald-trump-says-he-and-chinas-xi-jinping-love-each-other

FTA:

“He’s for China, I’m for the US, but other than that we love each other,” Trump said in his speech, stirring laughter in the room.

“Our relationship with China has probably never been better. We went through a very rough patch, but it has never, ever been better.”

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/02/14/asia-pacific/science-health-asia-pacific/contradicting-trump-key-white-house-figure-says-u-s-disappointed-chinas-virus-transparency/#.XnfAq3J7nmE

FTA:

Trump told the Geraldo Rivera “Roadkill” radio program that he has confidence in Beijing and understood officials’ reluctance to provide information.

“I think they want to put the best face on it,” he said. “You wouldn’t want to run out to the world, and go crazy and start saying whatever it is, because you don’t want to create a panic.”

“I think they’ve handled it professionally and I think they’re extremely capable and I think President Xi is extremely capable,” he said.

Contrary to Kudlow’s description of Beijing’s not allowing access, Trump said: “We’re working with them. We’re sending a lot of people.”

Of course, there's always Kim too that the President has such a great relationship with ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/world/asia/north-korea-missile.html

FTA:

North Korea launched two short-range ballistic missiles off its east coast on Saturday in the country’s third weapons test this month, the South Korean military said.

The tests have signaled a return to provocative actions by North Korea a year after a failed summit meeting between Mr. Kim and President Trump.

Of course, he fell in love with Kim too ...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/30/trump-kim-jong-un-fell-in-love-west-virginia-rally-bts-vpx.cnn

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this