Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

Historic and unanimous vote.......

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2020/06/09/senate-confirms-new-air-force-chief-of-staff-in-historic-unanimous-vote/

Senate confirms new Air Force chief of staff in historic, unanimous vote

By: Valerie Insinna   1 hour ago

7EEN5GSRCVAKPAMQ2NRKOASMEM.jpg 

Gen. Charles Q. Brown will become the first black service member to lead an American military branch. (Senior Airman Jessica Avallone/U.S. Air Force)

WASHINGTON — Gen. Charles Q. Brown will become the first black service member to lead an American military branch after lawmakers on Tuesday voted to make him the Air Force’s 22nd chief of staff.

Brown, who is currently the commander of Pacific Air Forces, was confirmed for the post in an unanimous 98-0 vote. He will replace Gen. Dave Goldfein as the Air Force’s top general.

The Senate’s confirmation of Brown comes just days after Defense News learned of a procedural hold on his nomination by Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska. Sullivan had delayed Brown’s nomination from moving forward due to questions about the KC-46 aerial-refueling tanker, which Sullivan wants to be based in Alaska.

On June 3, Sullivan confirmed he had dropped the hold, allowing Brown’s nomination to proceed to the Senate floor.

About a half hour before the floor vote, President Donald Trump tweeted that Brown’s confirmation marked a “historic day in America" and that he was excited to work with him.

My decision to appoint @usairforce General Charles Brown as the USA’s first-ever African American military service chief has now been approved by the Senate. A historic day for America! Excited to work even more closely with Gen. Brown, who is a Patriot and Great Leader!

Brown is best known throughout the Air Force for the extensive time he spent in leadership roles in Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region.

Before being named as head of PACAF in 2018, Brown was deputy commander of U.S. Central Command for two years. From 2015-2016, he served as U.S. Air Forces Central Command’s combined force air component commander, overseeing air operations against the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria as well as terrorist groups in Afghanistan. Before that, he was director of operations, strategic deterrence and nuclear integration for U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa at Ramstein Air Base in Germany.

Brown will be sworn in as chief of staff at a time when the Air Force hopes to realign itself against the threats of a rising China and resurgent Russia. Under Goldfein’s leadership, the service sought to ramp up investments in key areas like space, command and control, and advanced munitions — sometimes at the price of near-term readiness, with Goldfein open to the retirement of existing platforms.

In responses to questions posed by the Senate Armed Services Committee ahead of its confirmation hearing in early May, Brown acknowledged that making those trade-offs could become even more difficult due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting constraints on the nation’s economy and budget.

“As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds, I see an emerging challenge where our strategic aspirations and our resources available may be on divergent paths, driving future tough choices,” he said. “As we review strategic objectives and priorities in the post-COVID-19 period, and continue the journey we started to build the Air Force we need to align with the [National Defense Strategy], we have many constraints and restraints that could hamper our ability to achieve our objectives as originally envisioned.”

Brown’s confirmation also comes as the country finds itself embroiled in civil unrest and violence in the wake of the death of George Floyd, a black man who was killed by a white police officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota. On June 5, PACAF posted a video where Brown talked about Floyd’s death and his own experiences as an African American serving in the Air Force.

“I’m thinking about the immense expectations that come with this historic nomination, particularly through the lens of current events plaguing our nation,” he said. “I’m thinking about how I may have fallen short in my career, and will I continue to fall short living up all those expectations. I’m thinking about how my nomination provides some hope but also comes with a heavy burden. I can’t fix centuries of racism in our country, nor can I fix decades of discrimination that may have impacted members of our Air Force.”

Brown said his own experiences in the Air Force “didn’t always sing of liberty and equality.” He sometimes felt pulled between two worlds, each with their own perspective and views. He recalled feeling like he had to represent black airmen by working twice as hard, and having heard insensitive racial comments during his career.

“I’m thinking about my Air Force career, where I was often the only African American in my squadron, or as a senior officer, the only African American in the room. I’m thinking about wearing the same flight suit, with the same wings on my chest as my peers, and then being questioned by another military member: ‘Are you a pilot?’ ”

Brown closed by saying he has considered how the Air Force can make institutional improvements so that all airmen can serve in a professional environment where they can reach their full potential. Part of that, he said, would mean leading conversations about racism inside the Air Force and listening to airmen’s perspectives about how to make the service more diverse and inclusive.

A Presidency Is a Terrible Thing to Waste

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/president-trump-behavior-destroying-chances-reelection/

President Donald Trump is in the midst of a polling swoon largely of his own making.

It’s true that events have taken a hand — a pandemic with a death toll of more than 100,000, a sharp recession, double-digit unemployment, and civil unrest would be the horsemen of the apocalypse for any incumbent president.

Experiencing all of these in one term would make for treacherous political weather; experiencing them in the space of about three months is a perfect storm.

And yet the president has worsened his position with his profligate tweeting, unpresidential conduct, and refusal or inability to step up to the magisterial aspect of his office.

None of this is new, but it acquires a different significance playing out against a backdrop of crisis, when the stakes and emotions are elevated.

The president’s poor ratings on the coronavirus have much to do with his overexposure, squabbling with reporters, and meandering performances at his news briefings — all of which was avoidable, and indeed was eventually avoided by stopping the briefings.

Quite often, Trump has blown the easy stuff while his team has performed admirably dealing with the more nettlesome issues of governance.

Sounding sober from the presidential podium at a time of crisis should be easy — any halfway accomplished conventional politician could do a pretty good job at it.

Allocating ventilators, acquiring personal protective equipment, and ramping up testing on a rapid basis in the middle of a pandemic when the traditional apparatus of government isn’t up to it is hard — and the Trump team has managed it over the past couple of months.

The press doesn’t tell that story, and regardless, it gets overwhelmed by the constant drama emanating from the Oval Office.

In the case of George Floyd, there’s nothing Trump could have done to stop his killing. He’s not the Minnesota governor or the Minneapolis mayor. But he’s been hurt by his reflexively combative posture.

His philosophy is never to give ground, so he has little appreciation for the occasional need for defensive politics — to play against type, to preempt arguments against him, to couple a hard line with a soft sentiment.

As one of the most compelling showmen of our time, his metric for success is different from that of standard politicians or political operatives. He wants coverage, good, bad, or indifferent.

The St. John’s Church visit might have been poorly thought out and politically counterproductive, but who can doubt that it was a jaw-dropping spectacle?

By this standard, the period between mid-March and mid-April was an astonishing success: As the online news outlet Axios has pointed out, Trump dominated former Vice President Joe Biden on cable-news mentions, social-media interactions, web traffic, and Google searches.

But it hasn’t helped his political standing. Trump is never going to change, but in the 2016 campaign, he was able to adjust and modulate at moments of peril just enough to see it through.

This is one of those moments of peril.

Losing to Biden would mean that all the changes he pursued through administrative action would be subject to reversal.

It would mean, assuming Democrats take the Senate, too, that his judicial appointments would immediately begin to be counteracted.

It would mean that immigration enforcement would be drastically curtailed.

And it would mean that Trump would suffer the highest-profile and most consequential defeat that it is possible to experience in American national life.

Of course, nothing is inevitable. It’s only June, and he’s still relatively strong on the economy. But he has created his own headwind.

If Trump loses in November, it won’t be because he pursued a big legislative reform that was a bridge too far politically. It won’t be because he adopted an unorthodox policy mix that alienated his own side. It won’t even be because he was overwhelmed by events, challenging though they’ve been. 

It will mostly be because he took his presidency and drove it into the ground, 280 characters at a time.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sidney Powell dog walks Democrat activist judge Emmitt Sullivan. Another humiliation for the corrupt Mueller Dossier. American taxpayers spent over $40,000,000 on the biggest hoax in history. Nearly three years of non stop lies and Democrats across the nation cheered for the criminals.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Howe said:

Sidney Powell dog walks Democrat activist judge Emmitt Sullivan. Another humiliation for the corrupt Mueller Dossier. American taxpayers spent over $40,000,000 on the biggest hoax in history. Nearly three years of non stop lies and Democrats across the nation cheered for the criminals.

Wait! I thought COVID-19 was the biggest hoax in history? The bill for that will be orders of magnitude greater than $40 million.

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Wait! I thought COVID-19 was the biggest hoax in history? The bill for that will be orders of magnitude greater than $40 million.

The lockdown is the hoax.

• Disdain 1

3 hours ago, Howe said:

Michael Flynn isn’t even off the hook. Not even close. The judge can appeal this and get the case reinstated. And if that doesn’t happen, the Biden DOJ can hit Flynn with all the charges he avoided when he cut his plea deal. Flynn may be looking at a LONGER prison sentence now.

Dude is smart. 

5 hours ago, Howe said:

The lockdown is the hoax.

No its not lol. See how well Texas, Arizona and Florida are doing right now. 

3 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Michael Flynn isn’t even off the hook. Not even close. The judge can appeal this and get the case reinstated. And if that doesn’t happen, the Biden DOJ can hit Flynn with all the charges he avoided when he cut his plea deal. Flynn may be looking at a LONGER prison sentence now.

Dude is smart.

Democrat activist Judge Emmitt Sullivan is a fool. Trump holds the ultimate ace card. The case against Flynn can be dropped with a signature from the president. Appeals from a renegade judge are irrelevant.

• Disdain 1

12 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

😂  Good one TSG......

No its not lol. See how well Texas, Arizona and Florida are doing right now. 

Are the death numbers "spiraling" (the word I heard on the news this morning) like the reported cases?  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ 

Obamacare Must 'Fall,' Trump Administration Tells Supreme Court

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/26/883819835/obamacare-must-fall-trump-administration-tells-supreme-court

In a filing with the U.S. Supreme Court, the Trump administration has reaffirmed its position that the Affordable Care Act in its entirety is illegal because Congress eliminated the individual tax penalty for failing to purchase medical insurance.

Solicitor General Noel Francisco, the government's chief advocate before the Supreme Court, said in a brief that the other provisions of Obamacare are impossible to separate from the individual mandate and that "it necessarily follows that the rest of the ACA must also fall."

Shortly after the brief appeared on the court's docket late Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a statement: "President Trump and the Republicans' campaign to rip away the protections and benefits of the Affordable Care Act in the middle of the coronavirus crisis is an act of unfathomable cruelty."

The case before the high court began with a lawsuit brought by 20 states, led by Texas, calling for the elimination of the ACA. It has been consolidated for argument with another case brought by 17 states, led by California, seeking to preserve the law. The court is likely to hear the case in the fall.

"President Trump, in this cruel lawsuit, has shown us who he really is," California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said in a statement. He added that they intend to prevail "with the facts, the law and the American people on our side."

The lawsuit was first heard in Texas in 2018 by U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor, who struck down the entire ACA as unconstitutional. At the time, the Trump administration had not taken that all-or-nothing position but since then has come to support the lawsuit.

Eliminating the ACA would end medical insurance for more than 20 million Americans. It would also end widely popular provisions of the law, such as extending parents' coverage to children up to the age of 26 and prohibiting insurance companies from denying coverage based on preexisting conditions.

Trump and congressional Republicans have long said they want to "repeal and replace" Obamacare but have yet to offer legislation addressing what would take its place.

The cases before the Supreme Court are State of California, et al., v. State of Texas, et al. (19-840) and State of Texas, et al., v. State of California, et al. (19-1019).

Good. I hope the ACA is ruled unconstitutional.  The federal government has no constitutional mandate to be in the health care industry.  Medicare and Medicaid need to fall as well.

On 6/26/2020 at 7:54 AM, Muda69 said:

Obamacare Must 'Fall,' Trump Administration Tells Supreme Court

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/26/883819835/obamacare-must-fall-trump-administration-tells-supreme-court

Good. I hope the ACA is ruled unconstitutional.  The federal government has no constitutional mandate to be in the health care industry.  Medicare and Medicaid need to fall as well.

With COVID-19, Medicare will probably be expanded.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Donald Trump won't even win 10 percent of the black vote lol. (He won 8 percent in 2016)

Yet a political novice, with only 8% of the black vote, beat "the most qualified presidential candidate" in history 306 - 232.

image.png.f0d05541c4e22a450b38d30265b1a194.png

5 hours ago, Howe said:

Yet a political novice, with only 8% of the black vote, beat "the most qualified presidential candidate" in history 306 - 232.

image.png.f0d05541c4e22a450b38d30265b1a194.png

Less than 80,000 votes in 3 states combined. 

And that political novice cost them a lot of power for thr next 10-12 years after 2020. 

1 minute ago, TheStatGuy said:

Less than 80,000 votes in 3 states combined. 

And that political novice cost them a lot of power for thr next 10-12 years after 2020. 

A political novice beat the "most qualified presidential candidate" by 74 electoral votes and the best Democrats can do after starting the 2020 campaign with 25 candidates is a 78 year old establishment politician who suffers from dementia. Joe Biden can't even complete a sentence.

7 minutes ago, Howe said:

A political novice beat the "most qualified presidential candidate" by 74 electoral votes and the best Democrats can do after starting the 2020 campaign with 25 candidates is a 78 year old establishment politician who suffers from dementia. Joe Biden can't even complete a sentence.

If Joe Biden can't speak a sentence and showing dementia..that must say a lot about that political novice in the white house and how bad of a candidate he is....also Trump is showing signs of mental illness and has since 2016. 

Steve Bullock, Michael Bennet, Tim Ryan, Joe Kennedy III, Conor Lamb, Katie Porter, Brian Schatz, Joe Cunningham, Cal Cunningham, Seth Moulton, Eric Swalwell, Cedric Richmond, Gretchen Whittmer, Gavin Newsom.. Among others are the future.