Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

I really can't imagine a school administrator approving a design like that. 

That raises an interesting question about the First Amendment. I seem to remember a quote from my first year Constitutional Law class: “Students do not have to check their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse door,” or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That raises an interesting question about the First Amendment. I seem to remember a quote from my first year Constitutional Law class: “Students do not have to check their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse door,” or something like that.

But, Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier and Bethel School District v. Fraser have determined that administrators can curtail student speech on school grounds, involving the use of school property. 

13 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

It’s for a political campaign, it won’t be relevant after the election is over, but the art will be there for years.

Hmm, I don't recall seeing "Trump 2020" painted on the parking spot. It is your TDS that automatically wants to make the statement "Make America Great Again" a political one.  

Tell us Dante,  what do you do to make America great?

Also the student in question is a senior.  Mostly likely his parking spot will be painted over by a member of the class of 2022 by this time next year.

• Disdain 1

On 8/29/2020 at 5:43 PM, DanteEstonia said:

I really can't imagine a school administrator approving a design like that. 

I agree. 

I don't feel bad for the kid.. at this point if you support trump. You are a racist. 

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

16 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I agree. 

I don't feel bad for the kid.. at this point if you support trump. You are a racist. 

Nice hyperbole.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-voters-haven-t-been-motivated-racism-if-anything-it-ncna1236027

Unprecedented numbers of Americans — including a growing share of Republicans and independents — recognize racial injustice as pervasive, support police reform and back the protests against police brutality. Apparently oblivious to this emerging consensus, Trump is trying to run a Nixon-style “law-and-order” campaign for the 2020 election. And it is killing him politically.

That Trump is seeing major losses among whites specifically as a result of his racially inflammatory behavior seems fairly inexplicable given the common narrative that whites who voted for Trump were motivated largely by racism. But in fact, that common narrative is wrong. The underlying dynamics at work here have been present from the outset: Trump’s racialized rhetoric and policies have always been a drag on his candidacy, including among many whites who have traditionally skewed Republican.

To talk meaningfully about voters being driven by race — i.e., voters for whom the issue is decisive — we have to identify citizens who voted differently than they otherwise would have due to Trump's positions on these issues. They either would have had to vote for him when they otherwise would have abstained, or voted for a different party than they otherwise would have specifically as a result of racial issues.

Nor did the GOP win a majority of white votes specifically because of Trump. Republicans have captured the lion’s share of white votes in every presidential election since at least 1972. There’s no sign that these voters wouldn’t have backed Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio or John Kasich (all of whom were sharply critical of Trump’s racialized rhetoric) had one of them ended up the 2016 nominee, just as they also backed Mitt Romney, John McCain and George W. Bush in previous years — all leaders who have condemned Trump’s rhetoric towards minorities.

In short, the overwhelming majority of people who voted Republican in 2016 were not voting for Trump, but for the party. And if the primaries are any indication, most would have preferred to be able to vote for some other Republican instead. Trump got the lowest primary vote share of any GOP nominee since 1968.

• Disdain 1

Trump won every one of these swing states in 2016

RCP Averages:

August 24, 2016

WI:  Clinton  + 11.5

PA:  Clinton  + 9.2

NC:  Clinton  + 1.7

FL:  Clinton  +  3.6

MI:  Clinton  +  8.0

OH:  Clinton  +  4.8

August 24, 2020

WI:  Biden  +  6.5

PA:  Biden  +  5.7

NC:  Trump  + 0.6

FL:  Biden  +  5.0

MI:  Biden  +  6.7

OH:  Biden  +  2.3

CBS/You Gov Poll Post DNC:

Among Independents

Trump  47% (+10)

Biden  37%

https://knx1070.radio.com/articles/radiocom/trump-doctor-president-was-not-hospitalized-for-stroke

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- President Donald Trump's physician on Tuesday denied chatter -- spawned out of the upcoming release of a New York Times reporter's book - that the president's November visit to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland was because he suffered a stroke.

In the upcoming book by Michael Schmidt, "Donald Trump v. The United States: Inside the Struggle to Stop a President," Schmidt claims Vice President Mike Pence was told to "be on standby to take over the powers of the president temporarily if Trump had to undergo a procedure that would have required him to be anesthetized."

From there, online chatter grew that Trump sought treatment for a stroke.

“President Donald J Trump has asked that I, Dr. Sean Conley, Physician to the President, address the recent public comments regarding his health. I can confirm that President Trump has not experienced nor been evaluated for a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), or any acute cardiovascular emergencies, as have been incorrectly reported in the media," Conley said in a statement released by the White House.

“The President remains healthy and I have no concerns about his ability to maintain the rigorous schedule ahead of him. As stated in my last report, I expect him to remain fit to execute the duties of the Presidency.”

Conley continued, "The President remains healthy and I have no concerns about his ability to maintain the rigorous schedule ahead of him. As stated in my last report, I expect him to remain fit to execute the duties of the Presidency."

Earlier in the day, Trump tweeted his own denial, suggesting that perhaps it was Joe Biden who has sought medical attention for a stroke.

"It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes," Trump wrote. "Never happened to THIS candidate - FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!"

Things must be getting bad in the Biden camp if they are resorting to questioning Trump's health.......FYI - anytime the President goes in for his physical or any other procedure, the VP is on notice in case the President has to have any procedure done.....like perhaps a Colonoscopy....... 

Norwegian lawmaker nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize: https://apnews.com/4ec1ce1ff6cf9d7321d9cad200650e2c

A far-right Norwegian lawmaker said Wednesday that he has nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts in the Middle East.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament for the far-right Progress Party, said Trump should be considered because of his work “for a peace agreement between the United Arab Emirates and Israel which opens up for possible peace in the Middle East.”

Israel and the United Arab Emirates agreed last month to a historic deal normalizing relations and are scheduled to sign it at a White House ceremony on Sept. 15.

“No matter how Trump acts at home and what he says at press conferences, he has absolutely a chance at getting the Nobel Peace Prize,” Tybring-Gjedde, told The Associated Press.

He said he nominated Trump on Wednesday for the 2021 prize, adding that “Donald Trump meets the criteria.”

lol,  the likes of CNN and MSNBC appear to be melting down at the moment over this.  Quite funny.

• Haha 1

Book: Trump said of virus, ‘I wanted to always play it down’: https://apnews.com/c9f35842f7bb355be72842d15a8f7c02

President Donald Trump seemed to understand the severity of the coronavirus threat even as he was telling the nation that the virus was no worse than the seasonal flu and insisting that the U.S. government had it totally under control, according to a new book by journalist Bob Woodward.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call with Woodward. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.

Trump told Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. “I wanted to always play it down,” the president said.

The Washington Post, where Woodward serves as associate editor, reported excerpts of the book, “Rage” on Wednesday, as did CNN. The book also covers race relations, diplomacy with North Korea and a range of other issues that have arisen during the past two years.

The book is based in part on 18 interviews that Woodward conducted with Trump between December and July. The book is an unwelcome return to focus on Trump’s handling of the pandemic just as he is trying to project the virus as under control and eager to see a return to normal activity leading up to the Nov. 3 presidential election.

“Trump never did seem willing to fully mobilize the federal government and continually seemed to push problems off on the states,” Woodward writes. “There was no real management theory of the case or how to organize a massive enterprise to deal with one of the most complex emergencies the United States had ever faced.”

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president’s words to the public were designed to express confidence and calm at a time of insurmountable challenges.

Interesting timing of the release of this information.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Book: Trump said of virus, ‘I wanted to always play it down’: https://apnews.com/c9f35842f7bb355be72842d15a8f7c02

Interesting timing of the release of this information.

Especially since his assertion of this comment without any context flies in the face of the Great and Only Dr. Fauci's comments about this........

https://nypost.com/2020/09/09/fauci-responds-to-woodward-reporting-on-trump-i-dont-recall-that-at-all/

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Wednesday shot down journalist Bob Woodward’s reporting that he once said President Trump was “unfocused in meetings” and that “his sole purpose is to get re-elected” — saying he doesn’t “recall that at all.”

Fauci, the administration’s top infectious diseases expert, was quoted in Woodward’s new book, “Rage,” as disparaging the president’s “rudderless” leadership and saying his “attention span is like a minus number.”

“If you notice, it was ‘others’ who have said that. You should ask ‘others.’ I don’t recall that at all,” Fauci told Fox News correspondent John Roberts.

“I didn’t read the book, but according to what I saw in the newspapers, it said, ‘others have said that.’ ”

Roberts then clarified, “So you would question that account, then?” to which Fauci responded, “Yeah, yeah.”

Fauci also denied Woodward’s claims that Trump was purposely downplaying the threat of the coronavirus pandemic.

“I didn’t get any sense that he was distorting anything. In my discussions with him, they were always straightforward about the concerns that we had,” Fauci said.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Norwegian lawmaker nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize: https://apnews.com/4ec1ce1ff6cf9d7321d9cad200650e2c

lol,  the likes of CNN and MSNBC appear to be melting down at the moment over this.  Quite funny.

Probably more worthy than BHO who was nominated 11 days after taking office. 

• Like 1