Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A sectional 28

18 hours ago, fenderbender said:

First thought is Brebeuf.  

GC was very small last year and not real impressive, but somehow they beat WL.   That was kind of a head scratcher.

The result was a head scratcher (having seen GC twice live last year) BUT, if you saw the film, GC beat WL rather soundly in that game.  

23 minutes ago, Lysander said:

The result was a head scratcher (having seen GC twice live last year) BUT, if you saw the film, GC beat WL rather soundly in that game.  

I saw the Roncalli-GC game and Roncalli may just be a bad matchup for GC.  (Roncalli is so big and GC so small on both lines.)

Using last year's end-of-season Sagarins, it looks like this:

54 - West Lafayette

62 - Brebeuf

68 - Western Boone

81 - Guerin Catholic

147 - Yorktown

152 - North Montgomery

165 - Hamilton Heights

252 - Crawfordsville

Looks like it could be pretty competitive between the upper half teams if they are similar to last season.  Can't speak to what people have coming back besides Western Boone.  If memory serves, the announcers made a point during their 2A state championship game of talking about how many underclassmen were playing and how they thought they were a year away before making a run in the playoffs last year.  But I think they lost their workhorse RB in Taylor, their top WR in Garrity, and Marsh who was their top LB and was 2nd on the team in both rushing and receiving yards.  They do return most of their linemen on both sides of the ball, 2 really good linebackers, I think most of their secondary, and their quarterback.  I'm really interested to see them compete in 3A.  How they do against Danville and Tri-West in conference could be a preview of how competitive they might be against other top 100 3A teams.  

Edited by XStar
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

6 hours ago, XStar said:

Using last year's end-of-season Sagarins, it looks like this:

54 - West Lafayette

62 - Brebeuf

68 - Western Boone

81 - Guerin Catholic

147 - Yorktown

152 - North Montgomery

165 - Hamilton Heights

252 - Crawfordsville

Looks like it could be pretty competitive between the upper half teams if they are similar to last season.  Can't speak to what people have coming back besides Western Boone.  If memory serves, the announcers made a point during their 2A state championship game of talking about how many underclassmen were playing and how they thought they were a year away before making a run in the playoffs last year.  But I think they lost their workhorse RB in Taylor, their top WR in Garrity, and Marsh who was their top LB and was 2nd on the team in both rushing and receiving yards.  They do return most of their linemen on both sides of the ball, 2 really good linebackers, I think most of their secondary, and their quarterback.  I'm really interested to see them compete in 3A.  How they do against Danville and Tri-West in conference could be a preview of how competitive they might be against other top 100 3A teams.  

I could be way off base on this, but I think WeBo could potentially win this Sectional.    I keep remembering everyone talking about how youthful they were last year.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1