Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral DL Kendrick Gilbert offered by Notre Dame

On 6/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Notre Dame offers 6'5, 250lb junior Kendrick Gilbert yesterday. He has offers from Iowa, Indiana, and Purdue as well. 

Didn't start a game last year 😂 Cathedral defense shaping up to be especially gnarly this fall. 

How many aggregate/multiple Division-1 offers does next year's entire team have?  I think we are close to 40?

11 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Uhh no. 

There's actually legitimate athletic prep/boarding schools in the Midwest.

La Lumiere, Huntington Prep, Sunrise Christian

So those schools also have close to 40 D-1 offers for their football players?

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So those schools also have close to 40 D-1 offers for their football players?

Those are prep schools who recruit kids nationwide and give full rides to attend their schools....like IMG does.

I would say every single player for IMG has at least 1 scholarship offer. Cathedral has about 8-10 kids who have a at least 1 D1 offer totalling 40 offers.

I'm sure Caden Curry at Center grove has amassed 40 offers by himself. 

You're analogy is terrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Those are prep schools who recruit kids nationwide and give full rides to attend their schools....like IMG does.

I would say every single player for IMG has at least 1 scholarship offer. Cathedral has about 8-10 kids who have a at least 1 D1 offer totalling 40 offers.

I'm sure Caden Curry at Center grove has amassed 40 offers by himself. 

You're analogy is terrible. 

So your answer is "No".  Thank you.

Cathedral:  The football IMG of the Midwest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So your answer is "No".  Thank you.

Cathedral:  The football IMG of the Midwest.

Not even close. 

Center Grove has more kids with D1 offers on next years team than Cathedral does and kids with major offers. Caden Curry can go anywhere he wants. Jackson is comitted to Tennessee. They just brought in two transfers from Brownsburg with multiple D1 offers. Schott has B10 offers. Per usual, you don't know what you're talking about. 

Edited by Footballking16
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Not even close. 

Center Grove has more kids with D1 offers on next years team than Cathedral does and kids with major offers.

Public vs. P/P.   Not even close.  As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.

Cathedral:  The football IMG of the Midwest.  You should embrace that moniker and the hard work it took to achieve it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Public vs. P/P.   Not even close.  As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.

Cathedral:  The football IMG of the Midwest.  You should embrace that moniker and the hard work it took to achieve it.

If you said Cathedral was the private school football IMG of greater Indianapolis, I'd wholeheartedly agree. You'd be right about something....for once.

But you clearly live in a bubble. Go look at some of the talent the GLC Cincy and GLC Cleveland schools put out on a year to year basis or Louisville Trinity as well as the Chicago catholic schools (they're also in the Midwest) and it dwarfs Cathedral. 

Edited by Footballking16

35 minutes ago, Jon said:

How many of these D1 players are paying the full 15,765 a year to attend Cathedral. If they are getting scholarship money I don't see much difference.

That’s not a precise enough question for where you’re trying to go. I think what you really want to know is how any financial assistance received by this particular group of Cathedral students compares to the financial assistance utilized by the general student population. In other words, do these athletes receive different treatment in that regard? It’s my understanding that a large percentage of the Cathedral student body receives some form of financial assistance.

Edited by Bobref

This topic makes me appreciate schools like Bishop Dwenger who predominantly work within their Catholic pipeline. I do credit Cathedral for going out and scheduling the best football programs they can find, but they should be battle testing themselves for the 6A tournament annually. What is the point of playing 5a ball other than stocking their trophy case? Having lots of trophies is fun, but the 6A champion will always be acknowledged as the best team in Indiana. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bobref said:

That’s not a precise enough question for where you’re trying to go. I think what you really want to know is how any financial assistance received by this particular group of Cathedral students compares to the financial assistance utilized by the general student population. In other words, do these athletes receive different treatment in that regard? It’s my understanding that a large percentage of the Cathedral student body receives some form of financial assistance.

Beat me to it. Some 2/3rd's of Cathedral's enrollment is on some type of financial assistance. $15k a year to send a child to school (in some cases multiple) isn't cheap. Nearly 95% of Cathedral's enrollment participates in some type of extracurricular activity. 

16 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

If you said Cathedral was the private school football IMG of greater Indianapolis, I'd wholeheartedly agree. You'd be right about something....for once.

But you clearly live in a bubble. Go look at some of the talent the GLC Cincy and GLC Cleveland schools put out on a year to year basis or Louisville Trinity as well as the Chicago catholic schools (they're also in the Midwest) and it dwarfs Cathedral. 

Cathedral:  The football IMG of the Midwest.  Embrace it FB16, embrace it.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

This topic makes me appreciate schools like Bishop Dwenger who predominantly work within their Catholic pipeline. I do credit Cathedral for going out and scheduling the best football programs they can find, but they should be battle testing themselves for the 6A tournament annually. What is the point of playing 5a ball other than stocking their trophy case? Having lots of trophies is fun, but the 6A champion will always be acknowledged as the best team in Indiana. 

What do you mean by "predominantly work within their Catholic pipeline"? Like admit students from FTW area catholic schools? Well they have too, they are a Diocesan high school. Cathedral isn't. Pretty simple.  

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Part of what makes Cathedral the football IMG of the Midwest.  Embrace it.

So far, I've gathered that in order to be compared to IMG, your school must:

-Give financial aid

-Have players with scholarship offers

-Not be a diocesan school.

Give me 2 hours and I'll be back with a more complete list of schools that fit the bill.

Edited by Footballking16

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

So far, I've gathered that in order to be compared to IMG, your school must:

-Give financial aid

-Have players with scholarship offers

-Not be a diocesan school.

Give me 2 hours and I'll be back with a more complete list of schools that fit the bill.

I'll wait with baited breath, but none of them have the panache and pedigree of Indianapolis Cathedral,  the football IMG of the Midwest.

I honestly don't care if a program recruits or doesn't. If you can get a kid out of your district to come play football for you, then you are doing something right as a coach. They want to play for you for a reason. I'm just think you need to play in the respective class to warrant that.

I was simply stating that most of Dwenger's kids come through their Catholic feeder schools. They get a transfer here and there, but it's not a priority of their program. 

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

I honestly don't care if a program recruits or doesn't. If you can get a kid out of your district to come play football for you, then you are doing something right as a coach. They want to play for you for a reason. I'm just think you need to play in the respective class to warrant that.

I was simply stating that most of Dwenger's kids come through their Catholic feeder schools. They get a transfer here and there, but it's not a priority of their program. 

Cathedral doesn't have "feeder" schools or a district like Dwenger. It's not a Diocesan school. I'm not sure the point you're trying to make?

18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Cincinnati Xavier OH, Louisville Trinity, Lakewood St. Edward would all like a word with you.

I'll take the Cathedral Fighting Irish: the football IMG of the Midwest over any of those also-rans any day.  And so should you.

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I'll take the Cathedral Fighting Irish: the football IMG of the Midwest over any of those also-rans any day.  And so should you.

I would love it if Cathedral reached the consistent levels of success of those three schools. Those schools are perennial top 25 programs in the country.