Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

If you want a better team you build a better program.

6 hours ago, Grover said:

And if you want a better program you instill a better culture.  The future of CG football was on the field this morning.

CA485963-5B32-48A5-99F2-89158E7D0D22_1_201_a.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful. Back in the day I'd go watch the state games with my dad and cousins from IL; I'd study the game program front to back as soon as we got to our seats and be in awe of the sheer numbers those 5A (now 6A) schools had on their rosters.

17 hours ago, Grover said:

Don’t worry, Muda, camp was voluntary and they had plenty of time to play video games afterward. 

Who said anything about video games?

Better off playing sandlot/pickup football at this age.

18 hours ago, Muda69 said:

It is June 7th.  Let kids be kids for once.  Better off playing sandlot football.

This is not 1950 where they can ride or walk across small little town and meet up with each other.  I would say for some of the kids this is only time they will really see each other.  

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Aren't there clouds you should be yelling at?

Aren't there young children you should be yelling at about their blocking and tackling tecnique?

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

That kind of link should be labeled as blasphemy on this high school children's football site.

56 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

This is not 1950 where they can ride or walk across small little town and meet up with each other.  I would say for some of the kids this is only time they will really see each other.  

Perfect example of the negatives of urban sprawl.  The only time kids see each other is for tightly organized athletic events run by adults.    Sad.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

This is why I stayed in Fort Branch Indiana....my kids can actually walk across town to see their friends.  I LOVE watching the football products the Indy area 6As can put on the field....but for me personally (and I say this in full view of the sun that we each set different priorities in life and I don't judge anyone for thiers)...I will flip burgers before I move to one of those communities.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

This is why I stayed in Fort Branch Indiana....my kids can actually walk across town to see their friends.  I LOVE watching the football products the Indy area 6As can put on the field....but for me personally (and I say this in full view of the sun that we each set different priorities in life and I don't judge anyone for thiers)...I will flip burgers before I move to one of those communities.  

Center Grove (White River Township) is not one of "those" communities.

Its a very special and unique place.  One that breeds success.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Center Grove (White River Township) is not one of "those" communities.

Its a very special and unique place.  One that breeds success.

It cracks me up home times I tell people their is no such place as center grove but incorporated WRT

Agreed, Jon.  Best part is that Coach Moore attends and talks to both teams after the game.  I also love how many high school players attend.   If you haven't yet make sure to check out a home game for the Jr. Trojans.  In the famous words of John "Bluto" Blutarsky..."don't cost nothin".

30 minutes ago, Jon said:

I move to the Center Grove area a little  over 11 years ago. My fist experience with CG football culture was when my 6th grade daughter ask me if I would take her to a middle school football game. I was shocked I did not know that my daughter even knew what a football look like. So I find out that it is the two middle school in CG school corporation playing each other. It is called North vs Central game and it is played at the high school. So I arrive at the game and can't believe the crowd size 2000+ and the atmosphere was great. Had so much fun that I decided I should try a high school game. CG Friday nights football  took it to another level and I was hooked. For past 10 years I have attended almost all home and away games. This is just one example that makes up CG culture.

A few other things about cultural with this game.  The week of the game the high players are jokingly taking trash to each other about when played in the game and about this years game.  During the game the varsity players will stand on the side lines of the school they play for a cheer them on just if pro’s come back to their college they played at.  And here is a big thing in my opinion Coach Moore is their and after the game he both 8 grade teams come together and talks to them.  The biggest thing he teams them is that they are no longer two teams but on family 

18 minutes ago, Grover said:

Agreed, Jon.  Best part is that Coach Moore attends and talks to both teams after the game.  I also love how many high school players attend.   If you haven't yet make sure to check out a home game for the Jr. Trojans.  In the famous words of John "Bluto" Blutarsky..."don't cost nothin".

Lol bet me to it

9 hours ago, Jon said:

Center Grove bantam football league did an awesome event last year during pandemic. It broadcast CG vs pike game on a big screen that they set up at the bantam field. Just another example of CG culture!

Screenshot_20210608-215441.thumb.png.b53fdf5bbd16058e4017a94893e115e1.png

This is very cool.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DE said:

Wait. Did he even graduate from a university?  😂 

Gates dropped out of Harvard in the mid-1970s during his junior year, to concentrate on a little project called “Microsoft.” Pretty hard to criticize that decision.

14 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Gates dropped out of Harvard in the mid-1970s during his junior year, to concentrate on a little project called “Microsoft.” Pretty hard to criticize that decision.

Oh, I know, but he isn't a HawwwwVud alum.

Needless to say, I understand the "cut of your jib" here.

17 minutes ago, DE said:

Oh, I know, but he isn't a HawwwwVud alum.

Needless to say, I understand the "cut of your jib" here.

Just imagine you’re responsible for generating alumni donations at a big university … and your grads include a Gates-type guy. How much easier did your job just get? See Phil Knight of Nike and the Univ. of Oregon.

19 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Just imagine you’re responsible for generating alumni donations at a big university … and your grads include a Gates-type guy. How much easier did your job just get? See Phil Knight of Nike and the Univ. of Oregon.

YUUUUUUP!

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

That assumes that the Gates-type guy attributes his success to his university, and will donate accordingly.