Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

If you want a better team you build a better program.

A cool thing to do and you can learn a something about a team’s culture and coaching is work the chains.  You hear everything form how the kids talk each other to their coach’s and coach’s to the kids.  Also is interested to do at middle school and jv and freshman games.  The ref will talk to you to, and you can learn a thing or two by talking with them.

44 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

A cool thing to do and you can learn a something about a team’s culture and coaching is work the chains.  You hear everything form how the kids talk each other to their coach’s and coach’s to the kids.  Also is interested to do at middle school and jv and freshman games.  The ref will talk to you to, and you can learn a thing or two by talking with them.

Love my chain guys.  We have a blast during the games.

2 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I thought our chain guys were all old farts like me.  Aren't you still reasonably young?

33 minutes ago, Grover said:

I thought our chain guys were all old farts like me.  Aren't you still reasonably young?

I did not do any last year. I do not if I missed the sign up email or it was done differently with COVID but the 3years before I did all my sons middle school and freshman  games I could,  and I did a few my oldest son when he was at the same age.  Never done a varsity game 

I guess you can 44 reasonably young, but as they say it is not the years but the miles 

Edited by Trojanmp52

26 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Guess that’s how you build a better program….

No.  That's what happens after you build a better program.  Your ignorant comment implies that CG influenced those players to move.  That's factually inaccurate and a lazy comment from you.

Edited by Grover

1 hour ago, Grover said:

No.  That's what happens after you build a better program.  Your ignorant comment implies that CG influenced those players to move.  That's factually inaccurate and a lazy comment from you.

Someone’s triggered on a troll post on a thread started as a humble brag

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grover said:

This someone doesn’t appreciate cheap shots from posters who don’t know what they are talking about. If that makes me triggered then so be it. 

Sorry to ruin the thread about you boasting about your program. My bad, won’t happen again. Will stop talking about things I know nothing about. 

11 hours ago, Grover said:

Isn't CG the current heavy favorite to win the next 6A state title, according to high school football cognoscenti?  

And when you say "CG influenced" what exactly are you insinuating?

Center Grove: the public school IMG of the Midwest.

Any successful program in our state or any other...that is the current flavor of the month....is going to attract talent from around the city/area without any effort whatsoever.  It's the nature of the beast in our current environment.  It used to be more specific to the P/P flavor of the month but that has/is changing.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thor77 said:

Someone’s triggered on a troll post on a thread started as a humble brag

Gotta admit. I had a good belly laugh at this. 

We called them LAM (Look at me!!) posts in my day, but I guess they are humble brags now. 

• Like 1

While I agree that Center Grove, and specifically Coach Moore, have no track record or history of wrongdoing to the best of my knowledge I feel that this is more of a reflection of today’s current society.

“If you can’t beat them, join them.”

Look no farther than the NBA.

I wish it wasn’t this way, but it is what it is.

Part of the thrill and intrigue of high school sports used to be kids representing their own backyard.  Now it’s just free agency that is no different from the college or professional level in many instances.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

While I agree that Center Grove, and specifically Coach Moore, have no track record or history of wrongdoing to the best of my knowledge I feel that this is more of a reflection of today’s current society.

“If you can’t beat them, join them.”

Look no farther than the NBA.

I wish it wasn’t this way, but it is what it is.

Part of the thrill and intrigue of high school sports used to be kids representing their own backyard.  Now it’s just free agency that is no different from the college or professional level in many instances.

Agreed.  Yet another reason to disassociate youth athletics teams from government schools entirely and run them as a club model.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Agreed.  Yet another reason to disassociate youth athletics teams from government schools entirely and run them as a club model.

Not sure that’s the answer.  I will say however, I have been as big of a critic as anyone of the MIC fan boys...

But I’m not sure how anyone outside of central Indy is going to compete at this rate  if this type of “building” continues...

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 5:33 PM, Grover said:

And if you want a better program you instill a better culture.  The future of CG football was on the field this morning.

CA485963-5B32-48A5-99F2-89158E7D0D22_1_201_a.jpeg

If I am wrong please let me know but is from the wing t camp for the 2nd grade there 6