Jump to content

If you want a better team you build a better program.


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, DE said:

Oh, I know, but he isn't a HawwwwVud alum.

Needless to say, I understand the "cut of your jib" here.

Just imagine you’re responsible for generating alumni donations at a big university … and your grads include a Gates-type guy. How much easier did your job just get? See Phil Knight of Nike and the Univ. of Oregon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t worry, Muda, camp was voluntary and they had plenty of time to play video games afterward. 

Guess that’s how you build a better program….

This is why I stayed in Fort Branch Indiana....my kids can actually walk across town to see their friends.  I LOVE watching the football products the Indy area 6As can put on the field....but for me p

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Just imagine you’re responsible for generating alumni donations at a big university … and your grads include a Gates-type guy. How much easier did your job just get? See Phil Knight of Nike and the Univ. of Oregon.

YUUUUUUP!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Just imagine you’re responsible for generating alumni donations at a big university … and your grads include a Gates-type guy. How much easier did your job just get? See Phil Knight of Nike and the Univ. of Oregon.

That assumes that the Gates-type guy attributes his success to his university, and will donate accordingly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A cool thing to do and you can learn a something about a team’s culture and coaching is work the chains.  You hear everything form how the kids talk each other to their coach’s and coach’s to the kids.  Also is interested to do at middle school and jv and freshman games.  The ref will talk to you to, and you can learn a thing or two by talking with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

A cool thing to do and you can learn a something about a team’s culture and coaching is work the chains.  You hear everything form how the kids talk each other to their coach’s and coach’s to the kids.  Also is interested to do at middle school and jv and freshman games.  The ref will talk to you to, and you can learn a thing or two by talking with them.

Love my chain guys.  We have a blast during the games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

A cool thing to do and you can learn a something about a team’s culture and coaching is work the chains.  You hear everything form how the kids talk each other to their coach’s and coach’s to the kids.  Also is interested to do at middle school and jv and freshman games.  The ref will talk to you to, and you can learn a thing or two by talking with them.

I thought our chain guys were all old farts like me.  Aren't you still reasonably young?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Grover said:

I thought our chain guys were all old farts like me.  Aren't you still reasonably young?

I did not do any last year. I do not if I missed the sign up email or it was done differently with COVID but the 3years before I did all my sons middle school and freshman  games I could,  and I did a few my oldest son when he was at the same age.  Never done a varsity game 

I guess you can 44 reasonably young, but as they say it is not the years but the miles 

Edited by Trojanmp52
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Guess that’s how you build a better program….

I remember the day when you played where you lived, oh the good ole days !!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Guess that’s how you build a better program….

No.  That's what happens after you build a better program.  Your ignorant comment implies that CG influenced those players to move.  That's factually inaccurate and a lazy comment from you.

Edited by Grover
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grover said:

No.  That's what happens after you build a better program.  Your ignorant comment implies that CG influenced those players to move.  That's factually inaccurate and a lazy comment from you.

Someone’s triggered on a troll post on a thread started as a humble brag

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This someone doesn’t appreciate cheap shots from posters who don’t know what they are talking about. If that makes me triggered then so be it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grover said:

This someone doesn’t appreciate cheap shots from posters who don’t know what they are talking about. If that makes me triggered then so be it. 

Sorry to ruin the thread about you boasting about your program. My bad, won’t happen again. Will stop talking about things I know nothing about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grover said:

No.  That's what happens after you build a better program.  Your ignorant comment implies that CG influenced those players to move.  That's factually inaccurate and a lazy comment from you.

Isn't CG the current heavy favorite to win the next 6A state title, according to high school football cognoscenti?  

And when you say "CG influenced" what exactly are you insinuating?

Center Grove: the public school IMG of the Midwest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any successful program in our state or any other...that is the current flavor of the month....is going to attract talent from around the city/area without any effort whatsoever.  It's the nature of the beast in our current environment.  It used to be more specific to the P/P flavor of the month but that has/is changing.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thor77 said:

Someone’s triggered on a troll post on a thread started as a humble brag

Gotta admit. I had a good belly laugh at this. 

We called them LAM (Look at me!!) posts in my day, but I guess they are humble brags now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree that Center Grove, and specifically Coach Moore, have no track record or history of wrongdoing to the best of my knowledge I feel that this is more of a reflection of today’s current society.

“If you can’t beat them, join them.”

Look no farther than the NBA.

I wish it wasn’t this way, but it is what it is.
 

Part of the thrill and intrigue of high school sports used to be kids representing their own backyard.  Now it’s just free agency that is no different from the college or professional level in many instances.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, temptation said:

While I agree that Center Grove, and specifically Coach Moore, have no track record or history of wrongdoing to the best of my knowledge I feel that this is more of a reflection of today’s current society.

“If you can’t beat them, join them.”

Look no farther than the NBA.

I wish it wasn’t this way, but it is what it is.
 

Part of the thrill and intrigue of high school sports used to be kids representing their own backyard.  Now it’s just free agency that is no different from the college or professional level in many instances.

Agreed.  Yet another reason to disassociate youth athletics teams from government schools entirely and run them as a club model.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Agreed.  Yet another reason to disassociate youth athletics teams from government schools entirely and run them as a club model.

 

Not sure that’s the answer.  I will say however, I have been as big of a critic as anyone of the MIC fan boys...

But I’m not sure how anyone outside of central Indy is going to compete at this rate  if this type of “building” continues...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say this...Center Grove does a lot of things right when it comes to building a culture and has for years. It is kind of a "Texas" type atmosphere when it comes to the community's support for high school athletics and football.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...