Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Saban Extends to 2028 - Can anyone catch The Tide?

Guest DT

On 7/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, Footballking16 said:

How many 5* recruits has Marcus Freeman brought to South Bend?

Since arriving in South Bend, he's secured 8 commitments. Six of them are 4-star, and one 5-star.

Brad Powers: Bradpowerssports.com

In just 6 months Marcus Freeman has changed the narrative of Notre Dame recruiting. ND signed one 5-star COMBINED in their last 8 recruiting classes! They could sign 3-4 in 2023.

52 minutes ago, BTF said:

Crickets

Nothing else needs to be said.  Your excitement for the program is valid but everyone else’s point that on the field results matter a hell of a lot more than recruiting rankings is also valid.

Notre Dame is a solid tier 2 program that does things the right way.

End of thread.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Crickets

Sorry. Was enjoying at nice weekend at the lake.

The 5* recruit is a lineman, not the athlete you said Notre Dame needs in order to close the gap, and hasn’t even started his junior year of high school.

When Notre Dame is even competitive in a big game on the national stage, you come let me know.

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

When Notre Dame is even competitive in a big game on the national stage, you come let me know.

I guess if you're that far out of the loop, I'll fill you in when it happens. 

4 hours ago, temptation said:

field results matter a hell of a lot more than recruiting rankings is also valid.

Agree. But, the question was....... "what has been done to bridge the gap?" Not......."what have they done on the national stage?" I believe I answered the question with the hiring of Marcus Freeman. They hired that guy to bridge the gap, and it's already paying dividends. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Agree. But, the question was....... "what has been done to bridge the gap?" Not......."what have they done on the national stage?" I believe I answered the question with the hiring of Marcus Freeman. They hired that guy to bridge the gap, and it's already paying dividends. 

Yes, but your claim that they are on pace to catch the big three AFTER A HALF OF A RECRUITING CYCLE is laughable.

Edited by temptation

8 hours ago, temptation said:

Yes, but your claim that they are on pace to catch the big three AFTER A HALF OF A RECRUITING CYCLE is laughable.

I said it depends on how long Marcus Freeman is there. If he is one and done, then catching the other three is not likely to happen. If they can get two or three recruiting cycles out of him? We know what Brian Kelly and staff can do with a bunch of 3 & 4-star athletes. What happens if we increase the 4's and add a few 5's (the direction they are going)? Laughable? You have your opinion. 

57 minutes ago, BTF said:

I said it depends on how long Marcus Freeman is there. If he is one and done, then catching the other three is not likely to happen. If they can get two or three recruiting cycles out of him? We know what Brian Kelly and staff can do with a bunch of 3 & 4-star athletes. What happens if we increase the 4's and add a few 5's (the direction they are going)? Laughable? You have your opinion. 

And “my opinion”  is 2-0 (soon to be 4-0) against yours in recent memory.

😉

1 hour ago, temptation said:

And “my opinion”  is 2-0 (soon to be 4-0) against yours in recent memory.

😉

How do you keep score on "opinions?"  

Are they not by nature non quantifiable?

On 7/8/2021 at 12:32 PM, BTF said:

You're good. How did you know half of Homestead's team would take a nap on their way down I69? I mean, since you predicted that, please inform me when the real estate market is going to peak. 

You and I seriously need to bet something on IU. I've got the Hoosiers winning 7+. 

Im partial to donations of losing the bet to the upcoming GID yearly drive, but that is me 

Also:   Marcus Freeman number 1 priority is to secure Drayk Bowmen from right down the road at a Catholic institution about 90 mins away and having him NOT go to Clemson or OSU 

https://247sports.com/player/drayk-bowen-46103028/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Im partial to donations of losing the bet to the upcoming GID yearly drive, but that is me 

Also:   Marcus Freeman number 1 priority is to secure Drayk Bowmen from right down the road at a Catholic institution about 90 mins away and having him NOT go to Clemson or OSU 

https://247sports.com/player/drayk-bowen-46103028/

Temp and I will work something out via private message. 

Final note: Irish fans have reason to be optimistic regardless of what has happened in the past. 

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

Temp and I will work something out via private message. 

Final note: Irish fans have reason to be optimistic regardless of what has happened in the past. 

As an Irish fan, I’m always optimistic. How can a fan not be with all the resources at ND’s disposal?

Now. The real question is. Are all Irish fans being realistic with their optimism?

I think Coach Freeman will do well. Let’s see the results on the field vs. any of the “big 3”. 

I am looking forward to seeing the impact NIL has on recruiting. It may be that having opportunities in place for student athletes to monetize their college experience to the greatest extent will confer a sizable recruiting advantage. This, in turn, could operate to break the stranglehold the big 3 have on 5 star talent, and distribute that talent more evenly. We shall see.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DT said:

How do you keep score on "opinions?"  

Are they not by nature non quantifiable?

Until they aren’t.  The temp keeps receipts.

I’ve got two in my pocket and two more that are pending.

It’s too easy with this guy.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

This guy ^^^ is like Ricky Henderson or The Jimmy. Speaks in the 3rd person. Love it. 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

How do you have time to keep tabs on all posters? Or is it just me that you're keeping tabs on?

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

How do you have time to keep tabs on all posters? Or is it just me that you're keeping tabs on?

I’m a highly organized individual who has a special file cabinet in which I keep receipts of bold statements made by some.

You are one of the few willing to play and for that I’m thankful.  Many others simply trot out the same tired rhetoric and resort to jabs such as name calling.  You don’t.

Love how you own it...as I would if I lost/were wrong.

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’m a highly organized individual who has a special file cabinet in which I keep receipts of bold statements made by some.

You are one of the few willing to play and for that I’m thankful.  Many others simply trot out the same tired rhetoric and resort to jabs such as name calling.  You don’t.

Love how you own it...as I would if I lost/were wrong.

I don't mind tooting my horn sometimes, like last year when I predicted ND to beat Clemson in the regular season and lose in the ACC Championship. I also predicted ND to lose to Wisconsin last year in Lambeau Field, but that never  came to fruition. That being said, if I made a living as a handicapper, I'd more than likely starve to death. It's fun though. 

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

I don't mind tooting my horn sometimes, like last year when I predicted ND to beat Clemson in the regular season and lose in the ACC Championship. I also predicted ND to lose to Wisconsin last year in Lambeau Field, but that never  came to fruition. That being said, if I made a living as a handicapper, I'd more than likely starve to death. It's fun though. 

Only need to win 52.4% of the time my man.

Add two more 4-star recruits to the list this week. Jaylen Sneed chose ND over Alabama and many others on Monday. Benjamin Morrison picked Irish over the Tide today. That's twelve 4-star recruits for 2022 so far.  Keep it up Freeman, let's "bridge that gap."

Edited by BTF
correction

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

Add two more 4-star recruits to the list this week. Jaylen Sneed chose ND over Alabama and many others on Monday. Benjamin Morrison picked Irish over the Tide today. That's twelve 4-star recruits for 2022 so far.  Keep it up Freeman, let's "bridge that gap."

Let's make sure they get to South Bend and do not flip.