Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Change to IFCA North/South All Star Game

42 minutes ago, Major said:

Here is some information on the changes to the IFCA North/South All Star Game.  I had not seen or heard anything about this until yesterday.  Everything to be held at Anderson University.

2021 Anderson University All Star Schedule (1).docx 24.94 kB · 7 downloads

Congratulations to all participating. Have fun and enjoy every minute. 

8 hours ago, Major said:

Here is some information on the changes to the IFCA North/South All Star Game.  I had not seen or heard anything about this until yesterday.  Everything to be held at Anderson University.

2021 Anderson University All Star Schedule (1).docx 24.94 kB · 37 downloads

I can see the appeal for Anderson. If I were in administration at any lower level football school - Marian, Anderson, Franklin, UIndy - I would want as many people on campus over summers as possible.

It makes sense for Anderson since they hosted the Colts training camp for so many years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I can see the appeal for Anderson. If I were in administration at any lower level football school - Marian, Anderson, Franklin, UIndy - I would want as many people on campus over summers as possible.

It makes sense for Anderson since they hosted the Colts training camp for so many years. 

There is major value for hosting all-star games like this when your campus is essentially dead during the summer. You hit the nail on the head.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Grover said:

That was a fun game to watch.   The kid from Covenant Christian runs like a deer.  Reminds me of a running back from long ago but I won't go there.  Where is he playing next year?

As of now, still looking. That kid is one of the best athletes I’ve ever seen play high school football. And as a South Adams fan, gave me feel PTSD last night. 

On 7/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, Thor77 said:

As of now, still looking. That kid is one of the best athletes I’ve ever seen play high school football. And as a South Adams fan, gave me feel PTSD last night. 

Can't find any mention of him on any of the football recruiting sites. I remember watching him against South Adams and was very impressed. Probably to small to get any notice from non P5 FBS or FCS schools I'm wondering.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:58 PM, Grover said:

That was a fun game to watch.   The kid from Covenant Christian runs like a deer.  Reminds me of a running back from long ago but I won't go there.  Where is he playing next year?

On 7/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, Thor77 said:

On 7/11/2021 at 3:07 PM, psaboy said:

Can't find any mention of him on any of the football recruiting sites. I remember watching him against South Adams and was very impressed. Probably to small to get any notice from non P5 FBS or FCS schools I'm wondering.

They said on the broadcast and in the news paper he is going to Davenport University in Grand Rapids Michigan. Very impressive showing by him and he was an All Star fill in that got a phone call a couple of days prior to start of All Star events to sub in for an injured RB that was on the South All Star Roster. Then he ends up with the MVP 6 carries 101 yds 2 TD's (25 yd and 63 yd rushing TD). Great game by this young man.

3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Assuming this was moved from North Central because of construction?

Was moved to Ben Davis from North Central due to construction.  The reason for the move to Anderson University, as I am told, was UIndy was not comfortable housing the players and coaches this year as they have in the past.  Anderson University stepped up and said they would do the whole thing.  

Good for the Ravens!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Major said:

Was moved to Ben Davis from North Central due to construction.  The reason for the move to Anderson University, as I am told, was UIndy was not comfortable housing the players and coaches this year as they have in the past.  Anderson University stepped up and said they would do the whole thing.  

Good for the Ravens!

Agreed. 
Christian university stepping up to serve and help the game. Love it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

They said on the broadcast and in the news paper he is going to Davenport University in Grand Rapids Michigan. Very impressive showing by him and he was an All Star fill in that got a phone call a couple of days prior to start of All Star events to sub in for an injured RB that was on the South All Star Roster. Then he ends up with the MVP 6 carries 101 yds 2 TD's (25 yd and 63 yd rushing TD). Great game by this young man.

That’s ridiculous he didn’t already have an offer. That kid starts at every high school in Indiana no question. Someone’s gonna find out about Wilson someday and he’s gonna be playing somewhere big, size be damned. 

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Since when did d1 commits stop playing in game? Has it always been that way?

I know it’s been that way quite a while. Maybe a dozen or so years or more?

D1 programs like to enroll their incoming freshmen into a summer school course early/mid June. Once the player enrolls into college (in summer school) the rules change regarding benefits: training, coaching, workouts, etc. and the level of contact the school can have with the athlete.

I’m not an NCAA expert, but it basically boils down to college students cannot play a game against non-college students.  Which is what a D-1 enrolled player would be doing with someone who was going to a D3 school and doesn’t enroll until August. 

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1