Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Pioneer Last of a Dying Breed as BIG Money Takes Over

Guest DT

30 minutes ago, XStar said:

Also, Sheridan is no further from Indianapolis than Western Boone.  Closer I think.  Why does that proximity give Western Boone the "perception" of being affluent but not Sheridan?  Again, inconsistency with how you choose to view things.  You seem to be distorting facts to try to arrive at the conclusion you've predetermined.  

Simple.

It doesn't fit a narrative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, XStar said:

You did not say Penn was blue collar but if you're not at least inferring that then I don't understand the point in including them in your argument here while excluding well-to-do giant schools like Center Grove and Westfield.  Just my opinion here but I think Penn just needs the right head coach to get back to actually competing for and winning state titles somewhat regularly.  They still have the favorable social and financial advantages they had in the 90's but lost their legendary coach.  That is the difference I see that prevents them from competing with the Indy powers in 2021.  

Penn does not have the athletes.  Not enough black dudes.

2 minutes ago, XStar said:

Maybe go look at the team photos of their state title winners.  

Ask the Warren central guys about that?

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Ask the Warren central guys about that?

Not relevant in the least.  I can observe the demographics of their football teams in the 90's and now.  You could too but it would be one more flaw in your argument here.  

6 hours ago, XStar said:

Also, Sheridan is no further from Indianapolis than Western Boone.  Closer I think.  Why does that proximity give Western Boone the "perception" of being affluent but not Sheridan?  Again, inconsistency with how you choose to view things.  You seem to be distorting facts to try to arrive at the conclusion you've predetermined.  

Must be first day on forum, welcome. That’s how these posts go. DT makes an outlandish statement, it’s get disproven, and we move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Must be first day on forum, welcome. That’s how these posts go. DT makes an outlandish statement, it’s get disproven, and we move on.

WeBo has gotten lots of statewide TV coverage over the past several seasons.  They travel as well as any team in the tournament, giving the perception that they are "local."  They are in fact local compared to their competitors

I don't know about this topic?? Just looking at our recent history:

In 2017 - won the State Championship in 2A (not bad for a public school)

In 2018 - were knocked out in Semi-State by PUBLIC 2A Western Boone

In 2019 - thanks to success factor, moved up to 3A and were knocked out in Sectionals by PUBLIC 3A Heritage Hills ( eventual State Runner Up)

In 2020 - made the 3A Southern Semi-State, and again, were knocked out by PUBLIC Danville 

Point being - there seems to be more public schools than Pioneer making noise in the tourney?? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jets said:

I don't know about this topic?? Just looking at our recent history:

In 2017 - won the State Championship in 2A (not bad for a public school)

In 2018 - were knocked out in Semi-State by PUBLIC 2A Western Boone

In 2019 - thanks to success factor, moved up to 3A and were knocked out in Sectionals by PUBLIC 3A Heritage Hills ( eventual State Runner Up)

In 2020 - made the 3A Southern Semi-State, and again, were knocked out by PUBLIC Danville 

Point being - there seems to be more public schools than Pioneer making noise in the tourney?? 

We are talking "dynasty."  Are you a dynasty, or a dynasty in the making.  With that record, I say NO

33 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Im here to give opinions.  Not simply to reguritate known facts.  You can disagree with my opinions all you want, but that doesnt necesarily make either of us wrong.

Get your head out of your ass and back in the game.

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Outlandish! That is one of the nicest things I’ve heard people say about DT. 
Funny,  I have nothing but respect for DT. Outlandish or not. 
First Day!

2 hours ago, DT said:

Im here to give opinions.  Not simply to reguritate known facts.  You can disagree with my opinions all you want, but that doesnt necesarily make either of us wrong.

Get your head out of your ass and back in the game.

Do you understand the difference between opinions and facts?

On 6/16/2021 at 9:03 PM, DT said:

WeBo has gotten lots of statewide TV coverage over the past several seasons.  They travel as well as any team in the tournament, giving the perception that they are "local."  They are in fact local compared to their competitors

Last 3 seasons... 

On 6/15/2021 at 10:41 PM, Irishman said:

Cannot ignore flaws in how the State funds its schools, and the fact that more than half of Indiana counties have seen population decreases. I am willing to bet the largest declines in population are in rural counties. 

So lets say rural school X loses 15% of it's student body over a 5 year period, with continued population declines expected for at least the next decade.  Having it taxpayer funded at almost the exact same amount prior to these enrollment loses is asinine.  The taxpayer money should follow the student, end of story.  Let these small rural schools sink or swim on their own merits (*cough* Clinton Central *cough*).

• Sit and spin 1

On 6/16/2021 at 9:36 AM, 1st_and_10 said:

I live in the Western Boone Community... Where is this "upscale" that you speak of?

Have you been to Jamestown?  Thorntown?  Dover?  Advance?  

Stookey's has a great tenderloin sandwich and killer onion rings.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:16 AM, Jbk2 said:

Webo is so upscale that students drive tractors to school.

Medium prices for tractors and other major farm machinery are in the 10's to 100's of thousands of dollars.  Nice try.

It's so secret the Western Boone geographical area is full of wealthy farmers.

On 6/16/2021 at 2:23 PM, Footballking16 said:

Simple.

It doesn't fit a narrative. 

And exactly what "narrative" is that?  Go ahead, spit it out.

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

So Affluent/upscale...

Webo Football Pc.png

Ahh, so youth who bale hay before and after football practice are better than those who don't.  Got it.

Where are the Amish school football dynasties?

Edited by Muda69

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Hey, Dover has a Gas Station.  At least it used to the last time I drove through there................

They still have a gas station... 

48 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Ahh, so youth who bale hay before and after football practice are better than those who don't.  Got it.

You completely missed the point Muda... But I would expect nothing different from you.  

54 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Medium prices for tractors and other major farm machinery are in the 10's to 100's of thousands of dollars.  Nice try.

It's so secret the Western Boone geographical area is full of wealthy farmers.

And exactly what "narrative" is that?  Go ahead, spit it out.

LOL.  Full of Wealthy farmers... 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I don't understand Muda... You have talked consistently on here about low income kids that have to help support their families... Does that not include young teenage kids that live on farms helping to support their family?  Or is it only that narrative when it fits Frankfort and their 4A Classification?  You talk out of both sides of your mouth.  

It's a matter of what the kids have to do before/after practice.  Webo is a farming community.  Lots of kids do 4H, bale hay, work ground, etc.  It's a matter of work ethic.  No one is saying those kids were better than anyone (I promise you the kids won't tell you that), it's a matter that DT identified Webo as "upscale".  I am guessing those schools that are "upscale" are not baling hay or working farms before/after practices/workouts.  I am not sure if you've ever touched a bale of hay Muda but, Baling hay in 90 degree heat is no joke.  It's physically demanding.  It's tiring.  But the kids aren't using excuses.  They show up to practices/workouts/camps and do what they have to do at home.

Edited by 1st_and_10