Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Pioneer Last of a Dying Breed as BIG Money Takes Over

Guest DT

29 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

You completely missed the point Muda... But I would expect nothing different from you.  

Then please accurately explain the point to a non-Western Boone resident like myself.

30 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

LOL.  Full of Wealthy farmers... 

Yes. Wealthy farmers:  https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1006150000/population

14 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I don't understand Muda... You have talked consistently on here about low income kids that have to help support their families... Does that not include young teenage kids that live on farms helping to support their family?  Or is it only that narrative when it fits Frankfort and their 4A Classification?  You talk out of both sides of your mouth.  

If those young teenage kids were really needed on the farm to support their families they wouldn't be playing football. Just like those poor Frankfort families where children have to work in order put food on the table.

16 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I am not sure if you've ever touched a bale of hay Muda but, Baling hay in 90 degree heat is no joke.  It's physically demanding.  It's tiring.  But the kids aren't using excuses.  They show up to practices/workouts/camps and do what they have to do at home.

While I did not live on a farm I did grow up in rural southern Miami county.  As such I did my fair share of baling hay,  detasseling corn, picking rocks up out of fields, etc. It was decent money for a young teenager who didn't yet have a car and could ride his bike to local farms and fields.   And still the local Amish youth could outwork the non-Amish youth,  living on a farm or not,  by a country mile.

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Then please accurately explain the point to a non-Western Boone resident like myself.

Yes. Wealthy farmers:  https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1006150000/population

Kill em with the data @Muda69...they don’t wanna hear it.

If you are under the 50 percent threshold of “economically disadvantaged” (WeBo is at 32) it is MUCH easier to build this “culture” so many of the posters on here tout.

Heads in the sand...out of sight, out of mind.

I’d encourage those same posters to spend a few minutes sifting through the DOE data...or job shadow a fellow educator.

Edited by temptation
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

If you are under the 50 percent threshold of “economically disadvantaged” (WeBo is at 32) it is MUCH easier to build this “culture” so many of the posters on here tout.

I’d encourage those same posters to spend a few minutes sifting through the DOE data...or job shadow a fellow educator.

Agreed. Here is a contrasting school corporation in the same athletic conference as Western Boone:  https://inview.doe.in.gov/corporations/1011700000/population

13 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

53% Hispanic, wow! I would never guess that's possible in an Indiana district that isn't Hammond, East Chicago, or IPS.

Yes, interesting to see that in a small town surrounded by cornfields.  But then again many of these Hispanic families have roots in Frankfort going back decades, their ancestors working as migrant field hands on surrounding farms then deciding to stay instead of heading back to Mexico.   Logansport has a similar demographic.

Edited by Muda69

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

The fact that DT called Webo Upscale while being a farming community.  We aren't Carmel, Fishers, or even Zionsville.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I honestly don't understand... You guys only find things that fit your narrative.  My posts were arround the fact that Webo Community wasn't upscale as identified by DT.  That the community is a Middle Class farming community and for the life of me I can't understand how a middle class farming community can be described as upscale.  That was the basis of my posts.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

If those young teenage kids were really needed on the farm to support their families they wouldn't be playing football. Just like those poor Frankfort families where children have to work in order put food on the table.

How do you know that, Muda?  Your perception/opinion isn't always reality/fact.  

19 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I honestly don't understand... You guys only find things that fit your narrative.  My posts were arround the fact that Webo Community wasn't upscale as identified by DT.  That the community is a Middle Class farming community and for the life of me I can't understand how a middle class farming community can be described as upscale.  That was the basis of my posts.

Agreed.

We're at the point where a select few posters think the only way to run a successful program is to live in an affluent area, or have such an enrollment advantage over your competition where SES factors don't matter. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

The fact that DT called Webo Upscale while being a farming community.  We aren't Carmel, Fishers, or even Zionsville.

You are 'upscale' when compared to Frankfort. The SES data confirms it.

9 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I never used the term “upscale” nor do I agree with it, but in an era where over 50 percent of students in Indiana are considered disadvantaged based on income, WeBo is definitely on the right side of things which makes it easier to create the culture they have.

This is once again NOT a slight at the hard work being put in by WeBo (or any other school) but the starting line is pushed forward significantly when you have one fewer barrier (a damn important one) standing in your way.

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Agreed.

We're at the point where a select few posters think the only way to run a successful program is to live in an affluent area, or have such an enrollment advantage over your competition where SES factors don't matter. 

Cathedral works hard.  Happy yet?

11 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I know numerous families within the Frankfort geographical government school district where this is a fact.  Why would the Western Boone geographical government school district be any different?  

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

That wasn't the context DT provided... 

"Upscale Western Boone Nips Private School...."

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I know numerous families within the Frankfort geographical government school district where this is a fact.  Why would the Western Boone geographical government school district be any different?  

Numerous... How many is that 5?  7?  35?

How many farming families do you know in the Webo community?  

I am not arguing there are kids in the Frankfort community that have kids that have to work to help support their family.  But you throw DOE data as it is all encompasing.  There are kids that have to work to support either themselves or family.  I know "numerous" as well.  But because Webo has had some success in football then they are a bunch of rich kids (which is false).  

Again, my basis for posting was the challenging of Webo being "Upscale".  Doesn't have anything to do with Frankfort.

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

I never used the term “upscale” nor do I agree with it, but in an era where over 50 percent of students in Indiana are considered disadvantaged based on income, WeBo is definitely on the right side of things which makes it easier to create the culture they have.

This is once again NOT a slight at the hard work being put in by WeBo (or any other school) but the starting line is pushed forward significantly when you have one fewer barrier (a damn important one) standing in your way.

Cathedral works hard.  Happy yet?

My whole basis of posting was around Webo being tied to that word in bold on the first post that DT posted.  I am sure there is some truth to the underlined.   

The underlined and Your second paragraph is the advantages that typically P/P schools have. 

5 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

My whole basis of posting was around Webo being tied to that word in bold on the first post that DT posted.  I am sure there is some truth to the underlined.   

The underlined and Your second paragraph is the advantages that typically P/P schools have. 

And that advantage is still there...and is larger than its ever been.

32 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Not saying much.  There's probably some comparison that makes Frankfort look upscale to someone else.  Doesn't mean they are compared to all their peers.  Nice reach on this argument, but still a big fail.  

Edited by XStar

10 minutes ago, XStar said:

Not saying much.  There's probably some comparison that makes Frankfort look upscale to someone else.  Doesn't mean they are compared to all their peers.  Nice reach on this argument, but still a big fail.  

Provide that comparison please.  I’ll wait.

Some of you throw out blanket statements, @Muda69links the actual data and you double down on your denial.

Edited by temptation

How about this:  Pioneer exempt (since they are the topic of this thread) (they have a disadvantaged population rate of 48 percent by the way), give me a handful of public school programs that have made significant/deep tournament runs consistently who:

1.  Have a disadvantaged population rate of over 50 percent...

AND

2.  Are in the bottom half of their particular class in terms of enrollment...

Edited by temptation

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

How about this:  Pioneer exempt (since they are the topic of this thread) (they have a disadvantaged population rate of 48 percent by the way), give me a handful of programs that have made significant/deep tournament runs consistently who:

1.  Have a disadvantaged population rate of over 50 percent...

AND

2.  Are in the bottom half of their particular class in terms of enrollment 

So I give you an example of two schools, in the same county, located within a 10 minute drive of one another with identical SES populations and this is what you come up with? Good lord. 

Why does WeBo have a successful football program compared to Lebanon. Start there and instead of resorting to your same dumb argument. 

49 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

at IBP and Indiana Packers.

Add Zachary Confections,  Federal Mogul, etc. to the list.

18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What separates neighboring Lebanon and WeBo? It sure as hell isn't enrollment or SES factors.

Lebanon is Frankfort's "Eagleton".  That is a fact.  Closer proximity to I-65 and the Indianapolis North Metro Urban Sprawl are other factors.

Edited by Muda69

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

So I give you an example of two schools, in the same county, located within a 10 minute drive of one another with identical SES populations and this is what you come up with? Good lord. 

Why does WeBo have a successful football program compared to Lebanon. Start there and instead of resorting to your same dumb argument. 

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps WeBo (who is competing in a class below Lebanon) has a crop of solid athletes going through right now?

This isn’t that hard.

Now go do your homework and get back to me.

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps WeBo (who is competing in a class below Lebanon) has a crop of solid athletes going through right now?

This isn’t that hard.

Now go do your homework and get back to me.

WeBo has beaten Lebanon 7 out of the last 10 times they've played....