Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Pioneer Last of a Dying Breed as BIG Money Takes Over

Guest DT

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Lebanon is on 35% free and reduced lunch, WeBo on 30%.

What am I missing?

One competes in the 4A sectional classification against the likes of Roncalli and the other in the 2A classification against the likes of South Montgomery?

14 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

One competes in the 4A sectional classification against the likes of Roncalli and the other in the 2A classification against the likes of South Montgomery?

As I stated above, what does that have to do with WeBo beating Lebanon 7 out of the last 10 times they've played?

Just now, Footballking16 said:

WeBo has beaten Lebanon 7 out of the last 10 times they've played....

Doesn’t tell the whole story.  Looks like those contests are close more often than not.

Love how you cherry picked the 7-3 in response to my “strong group” argument considering the current strong group has won 3 in a row, meaning it was 4-3 prior.

You really like making my argument for me don’t you?

Furthermore, either Roncalli, Cathedral or Chatard has ended Lebanon’s season in the sectional 7 out of those same 10 years you chose.

How many WeBo teams get past the sectional in that same scenario?

If I say Cathedral works REALLY hard will you finally shut up?

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Beat me to it.

38 minutes ago, temptation said:

Provide that comparison please.  I’ll wait.

Some of you throw out blanket statements, @Muda69links the actual data and you double down on your denial.

Go look it up yourself.  Is Frankfort the absolute worst in the state?  Unless they are, then they are upscale compared to someone else going by your comparison-method of determining who is upscale.  

Edited by XStar

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Doesn’t tell the whole story.  Looks like those contests are close more often than not.

Love how you cherry picked the 7-3 in response to my “strong group” argument considering the current strong group has won 3 in a row, meaning it was 4-3 prior.

You really like making my argument for me don’t you?

Furthermore, either Roncalli, Cathedral or Chatard has ended Lebanon’s season in the sectional 7 out of those same 10 years you chose.

How many WeBo teams get past the sectional in that same scenario?

If I say Cathedral works REALLY hard will you finally shut up?

Why does it not tell the whole story? Why is a school in the same county, 10 minutes away, drawing from the same dynamic of kids consistently beating a school with twice their enrollment if coaching, culture, and hard work don't come in to play? You have to answer that first.

WeBo beat three consecutive P/P's en route to their third consecutive state championship last year, and routinely beats P/P's in the state tournament year in and year out. Spare me with the rest of your BS. 

3 hours ago, temptation said:

If you are under the 50 percent threshold of “economically disadvantaged” (WeBo is at 32) it is MUCH easier to build this “culture” so many of the posters on here tout.

Or perhaps the culture allows that community to avoid being labeled "economically disadvantaged"?

Also, the "culture" doesn't have to be reflected through football.  It could be that some communities prioritize other things over high school football.  As usual, the context of this forum is very narrowly focused.  In other such communities, it could be basketball.  In others, it might be something not even related to high school sports.  You can obviously work hard at other things.

16 minutes ago, XStar said:

Or perhaps the culture allows that community to avoid being labeled "economically disadvantaged"?

Also, the "culture" doesn't have to be reflected through football.  It could be that some communities prioritize other things over high school football.  As usual, the context of this forum is very narrowly focused.  In other such communities, it could be basketball.  In others, it might be something not even related to high school sports.  You can obviously work hard at other things.

Exactly.

Schools/towns/communities who put a much higher emphasis on one thing typically are more successful. It's not limited to football. There's schools with lousy football programs who have great soccer programs (Noblesville). There's schools with lousy football programs who have great basketball programs (Park Tudor). It has nothing to do with enrollment or SES factors either. 

21 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Exactly.

Schools/towns/communities who put a much higher emphasis on one thing typically are more successful. It's not limited to football. There's schools with lousy football programs who have great soccer programs (Noblesville). There's schools with lousy football programs who have great basketball programs (Park Tudor). It has nothing to do with enrollment or SES factors either. 

Completely plausible...but you still don’t get it.

A favorable SES doesn’t guarantee success but the combination of a poor SES and a low enrollment compared to the rest of the schools in your class is a death sentence in the sport of football.

Of course, unless you do your homework and provide a legitimate example.

Its due in the morning.

Edited by temptation

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Completely plausible...but you still don’t get it.

A favorable SES doesn’t guarantee success but the combination of a poor SES and a low enrollment compared to the rest of the schools in your class is a death sentence in the sport of football.

Of course, unless you do your homework and provide a legitimate example.

Its due in the morning.

Now you're arguing a point that was never made.  

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

That’s been MY point the entire time.  I don’t get caught up in adjectives such as “upscale.”

The term "economically disadvantaged" isn't exactly defined either.  

2 minutes ago, XStar said:

The term "economically disadvantaged" isn't exactly defined either.  

Sure it is.  Percentage of students who qualify for free/reduced lunch.  

The specifics on how to qualify are clearly listed on the DOE’s website.

Next...

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Sure it is.  Percentage of students who qualify for free/reduced lunch.  

The specifics on how to qualify are clearly listed on the DOE’s website.

Next...

That's how you choose to define it.  I could use the same metric to define upscale if I wanted.  

Edited by XStar

2 minutes ago, XStar said:

That's how you choose to define it.  I could use the same metric to define upscale if I wanted.  

Huh?  You’re lost dude.  That’s how the INDIANA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION defines it.

Its based on household income, dependent upon number of individuals living in the household applying.

Once again...NEXT...

Edited by temptation

Just now, temptation said:

Huh?  You’re lost dude.  That’s how the INDIANA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION defines it.

Its based on household income, dependent upon number of individuals living in the household applying.

Once again...NEXT...

Fair enough.  Let me know how they define upscale.  

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’d define it as any corporation with an economically disadvantaged percentage of 25 percent or under...

The state average is over 50 percent, by the way.

There it is.  

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Provide that comparison please.  I’ll wait.

Some of you throw out blanket statements, @Muda69links the actual data and you double down on your denial.

Frankfort is upscale because they are less economically disadvantaged than Gary.

Edited by XStar

1 minute ago, temptation said:

You’re lost again.  It’s a whole pie dude.  You, like a handful of others on this forum, are trying too hard.

Now we're playing by your exact definitions and you still can't justify the statements you've made/supported.  It's over.

Edited by XStar

9 minutes ago, XStar said:

Now we're playing by your exact definitions and you still can't justify the statements you've made/supported.  It's over.

“Any corporation whose percent is 25 or under” not 25 percent relative to another corporation.  🤡 🤡 🤡 

Class is over.  The bell is ringing.  Teacher is heading to bed.

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

“Any corporation whose percent is 25 or under” not 25 percent relative to another corporation.  🤡 🤡 🤡 

Class is over.  The bell is ringing.  Teacher is heading to bed.

Yeah you answered your own objection with that one as Western Boone is over 25%.

The Gary reference was for the unique inference that if one can find any school district worse off than another then it makes that school corporation "upscale" which was clearly nonsense but you wanted someone to tell you someone worse off than Frankfort and I did.  

Literally everything you've tried to prop up here has now been debunked.  You're not very good at this.

Edited by XStar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, XStar said:

Yeah you answered your own objection with that one as Western Boone is over 25%.

The Gary reference was for the unique inference that if one can find any school district worse off than another then it makes that school corporation "upscale" which was clearly nonsense but you wanted someone to tell you someone worse off than Frankfort and I did.  

Literally everything you've tried to prop up here has now been debunked.  You're not very good at this.

Once again, I never claimed WeBo was “upscale”.  You’re aiming for the wrong target on that one my man.

When the state average is over 50 percent, I stated that any corporation that is under 25 percent would fall into my definition of the term “upscale.”

Nothing has been debunked.  You are playing checkers dude.  I’m using data from the DOE while you are throwing blind darts.

Homework was due 7 minutes ago.

ZERO cases have been provided.  

Checkmate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Once again, I never claimed WeBo was “upscale”.  You’re aiming for the wrong target on that one my man.

When the state average is over 50 percent, I stated that any corporation that is under 25 percent would fall into my definition of the term “upscale.”

Nothing has been debunked.  You are playing checkers dude.  I’m using data from the DOE while you are throwing blind darts.

Homework was due 7 minutes ago.

ZERO cases have been provided.  

Checkmate.

Absolutely false.  I let you define everything how you wanted and you still couldn't keep up once I started using the DOE data you cited.  

Again, you're just not very good at this.

Edited by XStar