Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DT now over at Facebook

Guest DT

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

I might lift my self-imposed social media ban to get in on this action.

I need some foot soldiers to build traffic.  How about whiting89 takes The Region and temptation takes Indy.  Get some topics and traffic started

12 minutes ago, DT said:

I need some foot soldiers to build traffic.  How about whiting89 takes The Region and temptation takes Indy.  Get some topics and traffic started

Shared but I don’t have a robust following so it won’t generate many likes

C12A6689-7DDC-44C8-A806-380D057F2F66.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

A dork whose net worth is estimated to be north of $100 billion.

Still a dork, I don't judge a man by the size of his wallet. Great fathers are the true heroes of our society.

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

Still a dork, I don't judge a man by the size of his wallet. Great fathers are the true heroes of our society.

How about judging someone by how much they’ve contributed to our society? By that measure, Zuckerberg is a hero. He changed the world.

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

How about judging someone by how much they’ve contributed to our society? By that measure, Zuckerberg is a hero. He changed the world.

He's a thief if we're being honest with ourselves. 

Just now, BTF said:

I actually read the book. One of the few movies that follows the true life story to script.

You’re assuming that the book “follows the true life story to script.” 

I’m not nominating him for Citizen of the Year. But Facebook is one of the most significant developments in interpersonal relations in the last 100 yrs., and it paved the way for the social media revolution that has, in important ways, transformed our society.

Just now, Bobref said:

I’m not nominating him for Citizen of the Year. But Facebook is one of the most significant developments in interpersonal relations in the last 100 yrs., and it paved the way for the social media revolution that has, in important ways, transformed our society.

And I thought @Footballking16 was top dog on derailing threads...

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Yeah, if your a liberal, it's a significant development. Conservative opinions not welcome. 

I've read several of Ben Mezrich's books, and the movie that follows doesn't always follow script. But I will say, 'Accidental Billionaires' and 'The Social Network' are two in the same. 

Transformed our society for better or worse? Let's sit down for 8 hours when we both have time. I'd be more than happy to debate on behalf of the latter. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm old. What exactly is Facebook, everybody? 

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

And I thought @Footballking16 was top dog on derailing threads...

Don’t shoot the messenger

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Yeah, if your a liberal, it's a significant development. Conservative opinions not welcome. 

I've read several of Ben Mezrich's books, and the movie that follows doesn't always follow script. But I will say, 'Accidental Billionaires' and 'The Social Network' are two in the same. 

Transformed our society for better or worse? Let's sit down for 8 hours when we both have time. I'd be more than happy to debate on behalf of the latter. 

It’d take more than 8 hours, but for better or worse, you can’t deny the transformative impact.