Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IHSAA Futures (Insert Your Own)

One of my favorite childhood pastimes in the summer as I geared up for college football was purchasing every preview magazine known to man and reading them cover to cover as the season approached.

With the expansion of the transfer portal making preseason projections difficult and as an adult, I don’t have as much time on my hands as I used to, lol.

That being said, one of my new favorite ways to fill that void is to look at futures bets that are revealed in Vegas every June.

To pass time and the remaining summer months, I figured I would do something similar on here and get others’ take.

I don’t have a favorite school so I’ll just post some central Indiana ones as I look through schedules.  Feel free to comment with your projections or post your areas schools for others to comment upon.

Also feel free your favorite school and give an honest over under number in terms of wins (regular season and postseason combined).

http://scoreboard.homestead.com/football/teams.htm#loaded

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Hmm, I’ll do SIAC (o/u) 

Memorial 9.5 

Mater Dei 9.5

Castle 9 

Jasper 8.5 

North 6 

VL 5.5 

Central 5 

Reitz 4 

Harrison 1.5

Bosse 1

Your numbers add to 59.5. The SIAC is guaranteed to go 45-45 the first 9 weeks, which means 14.5 of those would come from playoffs. 

That would be an interesting prop bet as well: 14.5 playoff wins for the SIAC. I would have to think about that one. 

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Your numbers add to 59.5. The SIAC is guaranteed to go 45-45 the first 9 weeks, which means 14.5 of those would come from playoffs. 

That would be an interesting prop bet as well: 14.5 playoff wins for the SIAC. I would have to think about that one. 

Did not put that into accountability 

22 hours ago, BTF said:

I'll take a stab at the SAC.

Dwenger 7.5

Snider 9.5

Homestead 8.5

Carroll 8.5

Concordia 8.5

Luers 10.5

Wayne 8.5

Northrop 5.5

North Side 4.5

South Side 2.5

Just adding these numbers in my head it would seem your numbers are also "win" heavy. I don't think it is possible. No?

22 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Just adding these numbers in my head it would seem your numbers are also "win" heavy. I don't think it is possible. No?

I just went with a quick gut feeling, I never intended make it .500. I gave Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, and Carroll all two regular season losses. I feel that it's kind of hard to predict who will come out on top between those four based on Snider's last two years performances. One of those teams will suffer three losses or better..........just not sure which. 

I also have Snider, Luers, Concordia, and Wayne making deep playoff runs. So that throws off the numbers as well. 

Edited by BTF
Additional wording