Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best MIC (Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference) Teams of All Time?

What is your choice for the best MIC teams of all time? Remember, the MIC started in 1996, so it has to be within the last 25 years, and the teams had to be in the MIC in the year of greatness. That means 2012 LC is out.

My top 5

1) 2006 Warren Central

2) 2017 Ben Davis

3) 2018 Warren Central

4) 2001 Ben Davis

5) 2020 Center Grove

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

What is your choice for the best MIC teams of all time? Remember, the MIC started in 1996, so it has to be within the last 25 years, and the teams had to be in the MIC in the year of greatness. That means 2012 LC is out.

My top 5

1) 2006 Warren Central

2) 2017 Ben Davis

3) 2018 Warren Central

4) 2001 Ben Davis

5) 2020 Center Grove

Can't argue with 2006 WC.

2001 Ben Davis too young to remember. I believe last years Center Grove team was better than both the 2017 Ben Davis and 2018 Warren Central teams. 

11 hours ago, Jon said:

On offence CG 2020 averaged 42 ppg  and Warren 2018 averaged  48 ppg  so 6 point difference is not in the same league?  CG 2020 Defense  allowed  7.6 ppg and Warren 2018 Allowed  19.2 ppg so I think the defense takes it.

Son, you need to learn how to spell offense!

17 hours ago, Jon said:

On offence CG 2020 averaged 42 ppg  and Warren 2018 averaged  48 ppg  so 6 point difference is not in the same league?  CG 2020 Defense  allowed  7.6 ppg and Warren 2018 Allowed  19.2 ppg so I think the defense takes it.

5 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Son, you need to learn how to spell offense!

Offence vs. Offense—What Is the Difference?

Offence and offense are both correct.

Offence is the spelling more commonly used outside of the United States.

Offense is the spelling more commonly used in the United States.

Offense is spelled differently based on where you, or your audience, are. But neither offense nor offence are wrong.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/offence-offense/

What I find most interesting about this is a site that calls itself “grammarly,” but displays a lack of subject-verb agreement in the bolded clause. “Neither” is singular, while “are” is plural. It should be “neither … is …” The grammar police are on the job.

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

Offence vs. Offense—What Is the Difference?

Offence and offense are both correct.

Offence is the spelling more commonly used outside of the United States.

Offense is the spelling more commonly used in the United States.

Offense is spelled differently based on where you, or your audience, are. But neither offense nor offence are wrong.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/offence-offense/

What I find most interesting about this is a site that calls itself “grammarly,” but displays a lack of subject-verb agreement in the bolded clause. “Neither” is singular, while “are” is plural. It should be “neither … is …” The grammar police are on the job.

Old man, this is Hoosier land.  And here we spell it "offense".  Just like every media on every platform in the US does. Prove me wrong!

56 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Old man, this is Hoosier land.  And here we spell it "offense".  Just like every media on every platform in the US does. Prove me wrong!

Stax, don’t shoot the messenger just because the message doesn’t jibe with your xenophobic notions of the King’s English. 😜

On 6/23/2021 at 2:13 PM, Bobref said:

I know they actually lost a game or two, but the best single game team performance I ever saw was Warren in 2003. What they did to a good Penn team in the Finals was almost criminal.

Was your crew on that game, or a game that weekend?

49 minutes ago, Grover said:

Yeah, well we speak American here!  And if @Donnie Bakerwas here he'd say it right to your face!

I swear to *** he would. 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I don’t know who would have stopped them. Certainly not Penn.

Don’t know if you ever got hit by it, but the turf “monster” can be quite a sneaky little bugger. 

• Haha 1