7. Brownsburg
8. Lawrence North
9. Elkhart
10. North Central
11. Hamilton Southeastern
12. Homestead

canstockphoto9179631 (1).jpg

Edited by DT

Looks good. From Fort Wayne it will be interesting to see who comes out on top between Homestead and Carroll. Not sure it will matter though, Westfield is pretty good I hear. Keep an eye on Carroll. If they can shore up their defense, then they might pose a threat.

Looks good.  Some intriguing storylines for sure.

1.  Will Center Grove avoid complacency as they are now the hunted?  How will the transfers step in and impact the program’s culture?  Who will replace Steele?  Will it be one guy or a committee of guys?

2.  Can Westfield continue to be a statewide player and roll through the north?  

3.  How will Kirschner fare in year 1 at his alma mater?

4.  Who will be king of the Hendricks County hierarchy?  Brownsburg or Avon?  Can the Bulldogs put the past two years of disappointment behind them?

5.  Is anyone in that 8-12 group ready to breakthrough and provide a legitimate challenge to the top 7 (particularly the top three)?

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Looks good. From Fort Wayne it will be interesting to see who comes out on top between Homestead and Carroll. Not sure it will matter though, Westfield is pretty good I hear. Keep an eye on Carroll. If they can shore up their defense, then they might pose a threat.

This is what I was thinking. Their QB can sling the ball around for SURE. He was carving up the Tiger defense in the sectional game, but their own defense could not get a stop to save their lives.

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

This is what I was thinking. Their QB can sling the ball around for SURE. He was carving up the Tiger defense in the sectional game, but their own defense could not get a stop to save their lives.

That pretty much sums up Carroll's team last year. With the return of their QB, the offense should be dangerous once again this year. The defense can't get any worse I don't think. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

That pretty much sums up Carroll's team last year. With the return of their QB, the offense should be dangerous once again this year. The defense can't get any worse I don't think. 

Like the HCC but on a deeper level, folks are gonna need to see it to believe it.

This time every year we hear it.

I know this has been mentioned before, but would really love to see a regular season matchup between Carmel and Westfield. Close drive, great crowd, great programs. Really unsure why that can’t happen in the very near future. Would be great for the Westfield program and could start a fun rivalry.

26 minutes ago, temptation said:

Need to SEE Carroll (or any other 6A team from outside of the Indy metro area for that matter) make noise when given the opportunity in November.

Of course, Carroll has yet to prove anything in football. I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "this time every year we hear it," comment. I think the most anyone said last year with regard to Carroll was that they could give anyone a scare with their potent offense. But it seemed like as the year wore on, the defense got worse. The odds of Sectional 3 beating Sectional 4 this year is about 1:7 (Sectional 3 took a huge hit with the loss of Snider). The communities of Homestead and Carroll could rival any in the state with regard to facilities, household income and overall success in sports. So I think everyone just keeps waiting for it to happen. I don't see it happening this year, Westfield is just too good it appears. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

Of course, Carroll has yet to prove anything in football. I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "this time every year we hear it," comment. I think the most anyone said last year with regard to Carroll was that they could give anyone a scare with their potent offense. But it seemed like as the year wore on, the defense got worse. The odds of Sectional 3 beating Sectional 4 this year is about 1:7 (Sectional 3 took a huge hit with the loss of Snider). The communities of Homestead and Carroll could rival any in the state with regard to facilities, household income and overall success in sports. So I think everyone just keeps waiting for it to happen. I don't see it happening this year, Westfield is just too good it appears. 

“This time every year” we hear about the potential accolades of a non central Indy 6A school who could make some noise.

Its nothing personal to Carroll.

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

“This time every year” we hear about the potential accolades of a non central Indy 6A school who could make some noise.

Its nothing personal to Carroll.

The fun in engaging in these forum discussions is pointing out teams who could 'possibly' make some noise from the north. Last year it was Merrillville, and why not, they had some pretty darn good talent. The year before was Homestead. Their hopes were dashed when they lost their "all everything" running back during week 8. This year? I'm gonna have to roll with Penn. Why? Because there is no one else if Westfield is as good as they were last year. Or maybe it is Carroll if they can improve the defense.

"Believe it when you see it?".................sure, don't blame ya. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BTF said:

The fun in engaging in these forum discussions is pointing out teams who could 'possibly' make some noise from the north. Last year it was Merrillville, and why not, they had some pretty darn good talent. The year before was Homestead. Their hopes were dashed when they lost their "all everything" running back during week 8. This year? I'm gonna have to roll with Penn. Why? Because there is no one else if Westfield is as good as they were last year. Or maybe it is Carroll if they can improve the defense.

"Believe it when you see it?".................sure, don't blame ya. 

Oh, I agree and though it may be hard for some to believe, I actually welcome potential parity.

Its just an annual “Keep an eye on team X as they could crash the party” type of deal that has not come to fruition in over two decades.

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh, I agree and though it may be hard for some to believe, I actually welcome potential parity.

Its just an annual “Keep an eye on team X as they could crash the party” type of deal that has not come to fruition in over two decades.

Can't argue with that. 

3 hours ago, temptation said:

There are no cinderellas in football.  The best team on paper wins.  

10 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I know this has been mentioned before, but would really love to see a regular season matchup between Carmel and Westfield. Close drive, great crowd, great programs. Really unsure why that can’t happen in the very near future. Would be great for the Westfield program and could start a fun rivalry.

They will be back in the same sectional in 2022.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Ben Davis will make more noise this year is my prediction 

I hope. They've been working hard this offseason after not having any offseason program last year due to COVID (like everyone else in Marion County, mind you).

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, DT said:

Perhaps Boise was the better team

You can’t talk out of both sides of your mouth.  You consistently cite recruiting rankings as a major contributor in determining college football success and there is no question who the more talented team on the field was that night.

Which is it?

To me it’s simple.  The Fiesta Bowl means a HELLUVA lot more to BOISE STATE than it does Oklahoma.  You can’t measure desire.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

You can’t talk out of both sides of your mouth.  You consistently cite recruiting rankings as a major contributor in determining college football success and there is no question who the more talented team on the field was that night.

Which is it?

To me it’s simple.  The Fiesta Bowl means a HELLUVA lot more to BOISE STATE than it does Oklahoma.  You can’t measure desire.

If I was a gambling man, Id stay far away from OU.  Never know when they are going to show up.  Similar to Auburn.  Great alent.  Highly undisciplined.  Equals extremely unpredictable.