Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier High School Football Class 6A Pre Season "Dandy Dozen"

Guest DT

15 minutes ago, DT said:

If I was a gambling man, Id stay far away from OU.  Never know when they are going to show up.  Similar to Auburn.  Great alent.  Highly undisciplined.  Equals extremely unpredictable.

I think you could make the same argument about any power five team that nearly misses out on playing for a championship or in a bowl game that is beneath them...not just Oklahoma/Auburn.

(And I am a betting man…a quite successful one as @BTF will validate for you.)

4 hours ago, temptation said:

I think you could make the same argument about any power five team that nearly misses out on playing for a championship or in a bowl game that is beneath them...not just Oklahoma/Auburn.

(And I am a betting man…a quite successful one as @BTF will validate for you.)

I'll take IU for 7+ wins this year.

Give me IU and 7pts vs Michigan in Ann Arbor

Notre Dame for 10+ wins for a fifth season in a row. 

Snider over Zionsville for the right to play Cathedral. (Probably my most bold prediction. Zionsville returns a bunch of guys that beat (upset) a very good Dwenger team. 

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Snider over Zionsville for the right to play Cathedral. (Probably my most bold prediction. Zionsville returns a bunch of guys that beat (upset) a very good Dwenger team. 

Interview coming with Doug Dinan

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Interview coming with Doug Dinan

Looking forward to that one. Carroll is a bit of a mystery to me. They have a hell of a quarterback returning and from what I understand, a few other studs as well. Defense needs to improve a lot if they are going upend Homestead for the right to play Westfield. Will this be there dream season as they christen their new 8 million dollar football stadium? I really hyped them up last year, so I'll stand down a bit in 2020. 

45 minutes ago, BTF said:

Boring.  I’m not making a spread bet on a game that is 3 months away.

ND “should” win 10 games now that they’ve gone back to their mediocre schedule (spare me the “rivalry” games against a down USC, down FSU, Navy and Stanford).

Also not taking any action on Snider or Zionsville sporting the red ring but WILL give you the field if you give me Cathedral.

Edited by temptation

11 hours ago, temptation said:

Boring.  I’m not making a spread bet on a game that is 3 months away.

ND “should” win 10 games now that they’ve gone back to their mediocre schedule (spare me the “rivalry” games against a down USC, down FSU, Navy and Stanford).

Also not taking any action on Snider or Zionsville sporting the red ring but WILL give you the field if you give me Cathedral.

Nothing bold about the first three, those were all easy. IU will get 7 wins..........easy. Notre Dame with 10? Lots of home games on their schedule. IU to be competitive with Michigan? Nothing against Michigan, but IU is riding some momentum. 

You taking Cathedral against the field is taking the easy way out. The most interesting thing about 5a this year will be who becomes their biggest threat. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Nothing bold about the first three, those were all easy. IU will get 7 wins..........easy. Notre Dame with 10? Lots of home games on their schedule. IU to be competitive with Michigan? Nothing against Michigan, but IU is riding some momentum. 

You taking Cathedral against the field is taking the easy way out. The most interesting thing about 5a this year will be who becomes their biggest threat. 

Themselves?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BTF said:

If IU is “riding some momentum” why are you capping it at 7?  Wouldn’t that be a step back?

Go big or go home.  How about 9 or 10 big guy?

6 hours ago, temptation said:

If IU is “riding some momentum” why are you capping it at 7?  Wouldn’t that be a step back?

Go big or go home.  How about 9 or 10 big guy?

Reread what I wrote. Never said anything about them capping at seven. 

On 6/23/2021 at 7:09 AM, DT said:
HHF Class 6A Pre Season "Dandy Dozen"
1. Center Grove
2. Carmel
3. Westfield
4. Warren Central
5. Ben Davis
6. Avon
7. Brownsburg
8. Lawrence North
9. Elkhart
10. North Central
11. Hamilton Southeastern
12. Homestead

canstockphoto9179631 (1).jpg

8/12 on the Ben Davis Football schedule! Let's go!

24 minutes ago, Jon said:

Can someone explain the scrimmage rules? I did not think practice even started until August.

I. Date
2021 CONTROLLED FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE RULES AND REGULATIONS
Each football playing school may choose to participate in an inter-school controlled scrimmage on Friday or Saturday of Week 6 (August 13 or 14, 2021) of the IHSAA calendar. In the event of inclement weather, the scrimmage could be moved to Monday of Week 7 (August 16, 2021).
Only one scrimmage shall be held by a high school. The scrimmage is considered a varsity interschool event. Junior varsity and freshman players may be utilized, providing that they have been included in the practices prior to the scrimmage and that their plays are included as part of the 150 minute time limit. There shall be no separate freshman or junior varsity scrimmages organized. Players must have full transfer eligibility to participate in the scrimmage.
II. Contractual Agreement
Schools who choose to participate in a scrimmage must schedule another Indiana team. Schools are implored to use good judgment and attempt to scrimmage against a team that is similar to their squad in numbers and skill level.
There shall be a contract between the two schools which will include the location, time, and any financial arrangement between schools.
Spectator admission into the scrimmage would be an option of the participating schools. Both schools must be in agreement with all financial arrangements prior to the scrimmage.
III. Coaches
Each team may have the head coach and one additional coach in the huddle and on the field during the scrimmage. All other coaches will be on the sideline, in the bleachers or in the press box.
Each team shall have the opportunity to videotape/film the scrimmage. Scouting is not allowed at the scrimmage. With the permission of the coach of your scrimmage opponent, the videotape/film of the scrimmage may be exchanged with the first opponent on your regular season schedule. The purpose of the scrimmage is evaluating your own players.
Coaches should communicate with each other prior to the scrimmage to script the number of plays for each unit. This should be done to assure players are competing against players of comparable talent level, and, that players do not participate in excess of the maximum number of plays allowed.

IV. Players
 No athlete should be on the field for more than fifteen (15) consecutive plays without a 10- minute rest period. No player shall participate in any more than 48 total plays. Only those players who have participated in five days of full contact practice shall be allowed to participate in this scrimmage. Players must have full eligibility as transfer students to participate. Students with limited eligibility are not permitted to participate.
V. Kicking Game
Each team will have six kicking plays (i.e. kickoffs, punts or extra points). Fake punts, two-point conversions, etc. are not permitted. The coach of the team on offense shall determine how many of his team’s six plays will be devoted to the various facets of the kicking game. (For instance, a coach may choose to devote all of his team’s kicking plays to punting rather than including kickoffs and/or extra points.) On kicking plays, there will be live contact, but the kicker shall not be hit by a defensive player.
On punts, there will be no punt return, and the receiver shall not be hit by a player on the punting team. The kicking plays are included in the scrimmage to allow teams to practice the kicking schemes and their downfield coverage. With less than two weeks of practice, kickers and kick receivers are too vulnerable to allow them to be subjected to live contact.
VI. Time Schedule
The maximum amount of time and maximum number of plays in a scrimmage is outlined below.
VII. Officials
A full crew of officials shall be provided by the home team. There will be a running clock. The scoreboard will be utilized for the game clock only. The 40-second play clock should be used. No score is to be kept.
The only time the clock will stop will be for an injury. Officials should go through all signals, but the clock operator should not stop the clock for out-of-bounds, incomplete passes, penalties, etc.
1. Administer penalties without delay. If it is an obvious decision (i.e. clipping penalty on offense during a 20-yard run), do not waste time consulting the offended team; simply administer the penalty.
2. When an official throws a flag during a play and a penalty is assessed, the play still counts as one of the plays for that sequence in the scrimmage.
Officials are responsible for seeing that the clock keeps running and that no more than the maximum number of plays are run. This is a very important point. Officials should not allow themselves to be coerced into allowing extra time or plays beyond the specified limits.
Downs and distance may be kept. However, do not waste time with measurements for first down. Referees have good vision, and their judgment on first downs will be accepted.
The scrimmage officials are responsible for enforcing the scrimmage rules. No one has the authority to supersede the official’s decision on any aspect of the scrimmage.

2021 FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE TIME SCHEDULES

OPTION A
  20 Minute Warm-Up
15 Plays or 18 Minutes from -35

4 Minute Break
12 Plays or 15 Minutes from +30

12 Plays or 15 Minutes from +30

4 Minute Break
6 Kicking Plays or 8 Minutes -40 Yard Line for KO & Punts AND/OR +3 Yard Line for PATs

6 Kicking Plays or 8 Minutes -40 Yard Line for KO & Punts AND/OR +3 Yard Line for PATs

4 Minute Break

15 Plays or 18 Minutes from +35

15 Plays or 18 Minutes from +35

Total Time for Scrimmage: 150 minutes (including warm-up & breaks) (96 plays maximum)

OPTION B
20 Minute Warm-Up

4 Minute Break
10 Plays or 12 Minutes from +10

10 Plays or 12 Minutes from +10

4 Minute Break
12 Plays or 12 Minutes from +35

12 Plays or 12 Minutes from +35
 Note: This scrimmage does not involve the kicking game in any way (i.e. punts, kickoffs, extra points).

2 Minute Transition Break [Entry of reserve players who have not yet played]

8 Plays or 8 Minutes Team A - RESERVES from -35

8 Plays or 8 Minutes Team B - RESERVES from -35

4 Minute Break
8 Plays or 8 Minutes Team A - RESERVES Yard Line of Choice

8 Plays or 8 Minutes Team B – RESERVES Yard Line of Choice

Total Time for Scrimmage: 150 minutes (including warm-up & breaks) (106 plays maximum)