Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier High School Football Class 6A Pre Season "Dandy Dozen"

Guest DT

3 hours ago, Jon said:

So scrimmages happing now that people are talking about are non controlled and outside of ihsaa control?

The term scrimmage is defined by the IHSAA, as @Bobref posted above and occurs in August.  However, players, fans, parents, even coaches will use the term scrimmage when the IHSAA defines it as a "competition day."  Teams can play 7 on 7, 11 on 11, and engage in other competition activities - but it is done to thud and not tackling to the ground. 

IHSAA By-law 15-3.4

a. Students may not participate in any Full Contact Football Activities (any intentional football activity by a player where the goal is to take One (1) or more competing players to the ground as the result of a collision) during the Summer. 
b. Schools may sponsor up to Twelve (12) Football Activity Days (a day when a School’s football coaching staff coaches Two (2) or more players from the School’s football team engaged in Football Activities) during the Summer. 
c. A School’s Football Activity Days may include up to Five (5) Football Competition Days (a day when a School’s football coaching staff takes Two (2) or more players from a School’s football team to either Practice with or compete against One (1) or more players from another School or program). 

So it looks like a scrimmage, teams use it like a scrimmage, but it's not a scrimmage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I'm fantastic Danny Boy. Cute bromance with @tomtation. You're a solid #2 on the GID.

😂

Please go enjoy your retirement.  Fish.  Golf.  Move to Del Boca Vista and run for Condo President...

55 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Correct.

Main reason I’m predicting a slightly above .500 campaign for the Giants.

Slightly inflated perception of success based on the JV sectional in which they compete.  In fact, I’m not so sure their JV team couldn’t win that sectional nor a combined All-Star team from the other three schools could not beat Ben Davis’ varsity.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Main reason I’m predicting a slightly above .500 campaign for the Giants.

All depends on the start of the season. The MIC, other than Center Grove, is pretty much within hailing distance of each other for 2-3-4-5. I think Carmel, BD, Warren, LN, and NC are all right there in no particular order. Pike is coming on fast, too. I think you could see anywhere from 8-1 to 4-5 without the team being that bad this year. The Sectional is what it is, so you play it out. There have been years where BD had to pick its way through a loaded field, too. 

33 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

All depends on the start of the season. The MIC, other than Center Grove, is pretty much within hailing distance of each other for 2-3-4-5. I think Carmel, BD, Warren, LN, and NC are all right there in no particular order. Pike is coming on fast, too. I think you could see anywhere from 8-1 to 4-5 without the team being that bad this year. The Sectional is what it is, so you play it out. There have been years where BD had to pick its way through a loaded field, too. 

Several coaches have made the comment, "unless youre Center Grove, you have to play The MIC twice to win state in 6A."  

Edited by DT

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

I've maintained for awhile that CG's biggest hurdle in the South is Ben Davis. Young team last year that only got better. 

2 hours ago, DT said:

Several coaches have made the comment, "unless youre Center Grove, you have to play The MIC twice to win state in 6A."  

LOL.  Our runs to state have generally seen us having to get past BD and Warren a second time.  How 'bout Carmel?

Edited by Grover

8 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Just don’t see it with Simmons.  Sorry.  

Great guy.

Find me a game on BD’s schedule where you can confidently say they have the advantage in coaching.

Talent?  Sure.  But COACHING?

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Just don’t see it with Simmons.  Sorry.  

Great guy.

Find me a game on BD’s schedule where you can confidently say they have the advantage in coaching.

Talent?  Sure.  But COACHING?

Brownsburg. Hart is still suspect in my book.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

LOL, Hart has TWO state titles and a career winning percentage of .766.

Just voted into the Illinois High School Coaches Hall of Fame.  Indiana likely to come in thje future

1 minute ago, DT said:

Just voted into the Illinois High School Coaches Hall of Fame.  Indiana likely to come in thje future

Can’t deny that he has underachieved (especially in the post season) at Brownsburg but also cannot ignore his successes.

You don’t “luck” into those kind of numbers.

Edited by temptation

55 minutes ago, temptation said:

Can’t deny that he has underachieved (especially in the post season) at Brownsburg but also cannot ignore his successes.

You don’t “luck” into those kind of numbers.

He did luck into Paul McIntosh.

10 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

260 wins are undeniably impressive.

McIntosh/Reitz got him noticed in the MIC so then moved on to Warren Central where he got title #2

With his son at QB, lol.  Definitely didn’t “luck” into that one.