Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier High School Football - Class 4A Pre Season Dandy Dozen

Guest DT

On 6/30/2021 at 8:50 AM, Lysander said:

Quite honestly, I don’t believe that….yet Roncalli will likely abort Chatard’s post season this year.  4A has been massively diluted overall under the Success Factor.

I think what we have seen in 4A is a general under performance from public schools.  All across the north you have seen program regression in 4A.  Not sure why.  

We need to see public 4A schools step up their game.  One that has is Mooresville.  Check out our interview with Mike Gillin.  Mooresville hired an experienced, championship level coach to turn their program around and now the Pioneers are one of the top public 4A schools in the state.

36 minutes ago, DT said:

I was referencing a possible interview with the esteemed Chatard Head Football Coach.

There is no legion here.  Its more like a squad or a platoon.

I would like to know how a Head Coach has time to be an Attorney... I would love to know his secret ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DT said:

I think what we have seen in 4A is a general under performance from public schools.  All across the north you have seen program regression in 4A.  Not sure why.  

We need to see public 4A schools step up their game.  One that has is Mooresville.  Check out our interview with Mike Gillin.  Mooresville hired an experienced, championship level coach to turn their program around and now the Pioneers are one of the top public 4A schools in the state.

Coaching!   

Could say the same about the rise of New Pal before they got bumped up to 5A.

Hurley at Evansville Memorial.

Hart at Gibson Southern.  (I know, 3A, but no one in the south took GS seriously before he was hired.)

You can see the turn around in the opposite direction at other schools when a coach leaves. (Hobart, Franklin Central, Luers, I am sure there are others.)

It will be interesting to see if West has quick success at FC.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, Lysander said:

With that (outside of Chatard), I’ve most always been kind of a Gibson Southern guy 

You reeeally know how to hurt a guy, don't you, Lysander...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Goose Liver said:

I would like to know how a Head Coach has time to be an Attorney... I would love to know his secret ! 

1 hour ago, tango said:

Always helps if your name is on the sign outside the office...   

Bingo!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Surprised to see Mooresville so high.  They lost a lot.

I was surprised to to see the RV too 

11. Evansville Central- going to be a tough season for them (on paper), lost 90% of their offensive power and most lineman 

12. Martinsville 

13. New Haven 

14. Columbia City 

15. Marion

16. Jasper- arguably one of the Top 4 teams in the SIAC and contender 

17. Pendleton Heights 

18. New Prairie 

19. Delta- surprised me too, since they were solid last season 

20. Mississinewa 

Edited by TigerFan20

4 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

16. Jasper- arguably one of the Top 4 teams in the SIAC and contender

They lost all of their offense.   It was either the QB or the FB, if not, they were not getting much else.

I saw some talk about the TE getting some D1 looks, but if you can't throw the ball to him (like last year) , he turns into just another offensive lineman.

Maybe their line is good enough to plug two new players into those two skilled positions spots they lost.

1 minute ago, fenderbender said:

They lost all of their offense.   It was either the QB or the FB, if not, they were not getting much else.

I saw some talk about the TE getting some D1 looks, but if you can't throw the ball to him (like last year) , he turns into just another offensive lineman.

Maybe their line is good enough to plug two new players into those two skilled positions spots they lost.

Yes, they did lose studs like Blake Mann and RB/FB Lance Dawkins, but I wouldn’t count them out still. They should be solid. Connor Foley is getting looked at by IU, just recently went on an visit

My opinion that means absolutely nothing:

1. Roncalli - Absolutely loaded.
2. Chatard - Lost players but will be strong
3. East Central - Always tough
4. Leo - Have some D1 linemen
5. Evansville Memorial - A lot of positive chatter
6. Mt. Vernon - I think we have seen MV hit their high water mark.
7. Hobart - 4A North is overmatched
8.  Lowell - Same
9. East Noble - Same
10. Jasper - Big shoes to fill
11. Mooresville - Lost too much

16 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

1. Roncalli - Absolutely loaded.
2. Chatard - Lost players but will be strong
4. Leo - Have some D1 linemen
5. Evansville Memorial - A lot of positive chatter
6. Mt. Vernon - I think we have seen MV hit their high water mark.
7. Hobart - 4A North is overmatched
8.  Lowell - Same
9. East Noble - Same
10. Jasper - Big shoes to fill
11. Mooresville - Lost too much

I think that’s were I put mine at. Roncalli will be the team to beat, followed by Chatard

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

That’s the one I’m trying to figure out. Always tough. And hard to get a read on them with EIAC and OH schools on their schedule early. I want to put them at Sec. 23 favorite, but Mooresville has had their number lately. 

28 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

That’s the one I’m trying to figure out. Always tough. And hard to get a read on them with EIAC and OH schools on their schedule early. I want to put them at Sec. 23 favorite, but Mooresville has had their number lately. 

If EC was not missing their two best RBs because of COVID, they would have beat Mooresville last year.   At full strength, EC was the only 4A team to stay within 3 TDs of Roncalli.   (They always seem to play Roncalli tough.)

But that was last year.  They did lose their two LBs who were two of the best that I saw I all season.  Also lost the big lineman who is now at UC.    

Ringer brothers are back in the backfield and they always seem to find decent size on the lines.

I agree, they should win 23.  I don't think Mooresville has enough around their QB this season to win it.

• Thanks 1