8. Eastern Greene

9. Tipton

10. Rensselaer

11. Heritage Christian

12. Bremen

Eastern Greene? They are 1a.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

I would assume he meant to put Eastern Greentown.

Correct.

Thanks

1. Andrean

2. Pioneer

3. Fort Wayne Luers

4. Evansville Mater Dei

5. Eastside

6. Eastbrook

7. Triton Central

8. Eastern (Greentown)

9. Tipton

10. Rensselaer

11. Heritage Christian

12. Bremen

4 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Pioneer is way to high. We lost a ton to graduation last year and until these new guys prove themselves we shouldn't even be considered as a top team.

Youre playing possum

Pioneer is the Warren Central of 2A.  Regardless of graduation losses, they will be burdened by extremely high expectations every year, until they start losing consistently.

Like Sheridan

Assuming Luers make some modest level of improvement on defense, I'm not sure they lose to another 2A team.  They nearly won it last year even with that defense.  The one caveat is if they have to play in a bad-weather game in the playoffs where wind/rain/ice could neutralize their passing game.  

LCC should be on the list somewhere.  

Eastern Greene is not even in 2A.  

Eastbrook had alot of sophomore talent in 2019 and those sophomores should now be seniors.  My guess is that they get through the regular season undefeated.

Remember EMD being very young last year and it seems like they should be improved from a semi-state appearance if all goes to plan for them.  

Don't know much about Andrean but they've disappointed me in the tournament the past couple seasons.

Also don't know much about what Eastside has coming back but they gave Luers all they wanted in the sectional last season.  If they return alot they could be a darkhorse.  

Another team not on the list that I will keep an eye on is Scecina.  

• Like 1

Luers will be really good. Athletes EVERYWHERE.  I mean their D Tackle was back deep to return kickoffs last year.  

Mater Dei was young last year as well.  Scecina has to get through HC again. I don't know what Pioneer has coming back, but both Lewellen brothers graduated, right?  

20 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Luers will be really good. Athletes EVERYWHERE.  I mean their D Tackle was back deep to return kickoffs last year.  

Mater Dei was young last year as well.  Scecina has to get through HC again. I don't know what Pioneer has coming back, but both Lewellen brothers graduated, right?  

Both Lewellens graduated as well as several other two way players.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Both Lewellens graduated as well as several other two way players.

3 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Don't Sleep on Eastside Luers barely beat them and they return a lot of talent.

20 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Pioneer is way to high. We lost a ton to graduation last year and until these new guys prove themselves we shouldn't even be considered as a top team.

Meanwhile Luers returns a ton of talent.

On 6/28/2021 at 11:21 PM, XStar said:

Assuming Luers make some modest level of improvement on defense, I'm not sure they lose to another 2A team.  They nearly won it last year even with that defense.  The one caveat is if they have to play in a bad-weather game in the playoffs where wind/rain/ice could neutralize their passing game.  

LCC should be on the list somewhere.  

Eastern Greene is not even in 2A.  

Eastbrook had alot of sophomore talent in 2019 and those sophomores should now be seniors.  My guess is that they get through the regular season undefeated.

Remember EMD being very young last year and it seems like they should be improved from a semi-state appearance if all goes to plan for them.  

Don't know much about Andrean but they've disappointed me in the tournament the past couple seasons.

Also don't know much about what Eastside has coming back but they gave Luers all they wanted in the sectional last season.  If they return alot they could be a darkhorse.  

Another team not on the list that I will keep an eye on is Scecina.  

I think the nod has to go to Andrean as the 2A team to beat. I think that Andrean would be better prepared to face Luers' spread passing attack than what they faced against Pioneer running a traditional Wing-t that they don't face in the course of the regular season.

7 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

I think the nod has to go to Andrean as the 2A team to beat. I think that Andrean would be better prepared to face Luers' spread passing attack than what they faced against Pioneer running a traditional Wing-t that they don't face in the course of the regular season.

Could be.  I know very little about what they have coming back.  It's a team I don't get to see much of during the season but I expected to see them at LOS after they beat Lewis Cass in 2019 and last year going into the tournament and both seasons they fell short.  I saw Luers get to the title game last year and did everything but win that game.  I know they are returning many of their key players and I know they will test themselves before the state tournament.  

That said, I could see Luers losing to Andrean, particularly if the game is played in inclement weather in November.  I could maybe see Eastbrook or someone else beating them in similar circumstances too if they haven't improved on defense.

I will also say that the North/South split looks way out of balance in 2A right now.  I think the North is far superior to the South.  It actually has been for a few years but Western Boone kept the South respectable.  Now that they're up in 2A, I'm not sure who in the South I like to compete with the North winner.  Hopefully when they re-align sectionals after 2021 they can come up with something that gives it a little more balance.  

10 minutes ago, XStar said:

I will also say that the North/South split looks way out of balance in 2A right now.  I think the North is far superior to the South.  It actually has been for a few years but Western Boone kept the South respectable.  Now that they're up in 2A, I'm not sure who in the South I like to compete with the North winner.  Hopefully when they re-align sectionals after 2021 they can come up with something that gives it a little more balance.  

Meant to say 3A there.

24 minutes ago, XStar said:

Could be.  I know very little about what they have coming back.  It's a team I don't get to see much of during the season but I expected to see them at LOS after they beat Lewis Cass in 2019 and last year going into the tournament and both seasons they fell short.  I saw Luers get to the title game last year and did everything but win that game.  I know they are returning many of their key players and I know they will test themselves before the state tournament.  

That said, I could see Luers losing to Andrean, particularly if the game is played in inclement weather in November.  I could maybe see Eastbrook or someone else beating them in similar circumstances too if they haven't improved on defense.

The south dominates 6A,  and the Indy Catholics dominate whatever class they are in.  Nice to see the north dominate a class for once.  Its refreshing..

22 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Have the Linton Miners fallen this far?  No mention of them in the 2A top twelve, seems surprising.

I'm sure omitting LCC was an oversight.  They'll continue to compete in whatever class they're in.

I think the Miners should have a spot in the top dozen.  They've got almost everyone back and should be pretty good.  But, alas, Mater Dei looms ahead in the Sectional as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

It took all of my might not to scream something about using the clock as a local coach passed me in Kroger the other day.  Haha.  The clock can be your friend, especially when you can score and your defense can't stop anyone.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:21 AM, fenderbender said:

Even if it is a Ft. Wayne Catholic?

No one has a strong hold on Luers.

Cathedral seems to have a stronghold on Dwenger when they are in the same class. It's kind of hard for the Saints when most of their kids come from their feeder schools. Cathedral's kids come from all over Indy and the surrounding burbs. Those two programs are never really in the same enrollment class.