7. West Washington

8. South Putnam

9. Monroe Central

10. Parke Heritage

11. Winamac

12. North Judson

LCC is 2A. 

• Like 1

WW is probably too high. New coach, New scheme, about 20 starters lost. Youngs kids are good from what I've seen tho. Excited to see how this team develops 

Although I will say I appreciate DT Dipping into small school chatter. Hope to keep seeing more!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

WW is probably too high. New coach, New scheme, about 20 starters lost. Youngs kids are good from what I've seen tho. Excited to see how this team develops 

Although I will say I appreciate DT Dipping into small school chatter. Hope to keep seeing more!!

It’s the new Dee Tees. I swear to God it is!

1A seems pretty interesting. Alot of teams were senior heavy and LCC moving up. I think CC and Lutheran are obvious 1 and 2 to start but after that it's a crap shoot. But do agree Park Heritage probably starts top 5 but they better find a defense or it won't matter

On 6/27/2021 at 8:21 AM, DT said:

1. Covenant Christian

2. Indianapolis Lutheran

3. South Adams

4. Southwood

5. Adams Central

6. Lafayette Central Catholic

7. West Washington

8. South Putnam

9. Monroe Central

10. Parke Heritage

11. Winamac

12. North Judson

I don't have enough info on most of these teams to provide an informed top 12 list but here are some thoughts...

Teams that should probably be higher:

-Monroe Central: I think they return most of their team from last year and they have a fantastic program. They played South Adams competitively early last season. They lost bigger in the sectional matchup.

-Churubusco: They're off this list, but I think they return about everyone from last year as well.

Team that could be higher, but I won't put them there based on the fact that they have a lot to prove:

-Adams Central: They lose 1 stud (Joe Collier - DE/OT), but all offensive production is back. Very strong senior and sophomore classes with more speed than AC has had for awhile. The Jets play Parke Heritage at Pendleton Hts in week 3, so that will be a good test as to how they match up with teams from the south. I wouldn't be able to bump AC above Southwood at this point based solely on the fact that they outplayed AC in basically every part of their sectional matchup (hit harder, played faster, etc.). I know Southwood loses the Farr to Rich connection, but you have to think that Coach Snyder will reload like he has the past several years. I don't think I'll bump AC above SA until they prove they can get it done in week 6 at home against their county rivals.

I don't know anything about several of these teams, but I've heard good things about North Judson. I think they have played sophomores and juniors the last couple of years, which translates to a lot of juniors and seniors this year.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I thought the likes of 1A wasn't "real football" and therefore not on your ranking radar, DT?

Ive had a small school epiphany

Plus Im really starting to enjoy discovering a whole new world of small school football.  

If Im going to promote the sport, I have to promote the whole sport, not just segments.

12 minutes ago, DT said:

Ive had a small school epiphany

Plus Im really starting to enjoy discovering a whole new world of small school football.  

If Im going to promote the sport, I have to promote the whole sport, not just segments.

Spot on!  Hope all is well...

2 hours ago, DT said:

Check out our Hoosier High School Football interviews with Darin Ward at Boonville and Grant Moser at Boonville.  

unnamed.jpg

Great interview with Grant, but it was for South Adams. Welcome to realm of small school football, football in its purest form. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Thor77 said:

Great interview with Grant, but it was for South Adams. Welcome to realm of small school football, football in its purest form. 

Absolutely!  Turf fields, massive stadiums, corporate sponsorships, etc. are nice, but legends like Red Grange and Jim Thorpe didn't have them.

On 6/29/2021 at 9:19 PM, FlyingHigh said:

I don't have enough info on most of these teams to provide an informed top 12 list but here are some thoughts...

Teams that should probably be higher:

-Monroe Central: I think they return most of their team from last year and they have a fantastic program. They played South Adams competitively early last season. They lost bigger in the sectional matchup.

-Churubusco: They're off this list, but I think they return about everyone from last year as well.

Team that could be higher, but I won't put them there based on the fact that they have a lot to prove:

-Adams Central: They lose 1 stud (Joe Collier - DE/OT), but all offensive production is back. Very strong senior and sophomore classes with more speed than AC has had for awhile. The Jets play Parke Heritage at Pendleton Hts in week 3, so that will be a good test as to how they match up with teams from the south. I wouldn't be able to bump AC above Southwood at this point based solely on the fact that they outplayed AC in basically every part of their sectional matchup (hit harder, played faster, etc.). I know Southwood loses the Farr to Rich connection, but you have to think that Coach Snyder will reload like he has the past several years. I don't think I'll bump AC above SA until they prove they can get it done in week 6 at home against their county rivals.

I don't know anything about several of these teams, but I've heard good things about North Judson. I think they have played sophomores and juniors the last couple of years, which translates to a lot of juniors and seniors this year.

They key for AC is finding 2 solid DE's. Last year teams ran away from Collier and had some success as no one really filled in for Voirol's absence. Maybe Bluhm moves from OLB to DE? Becher showed glimpses of improvement towards the end of the season. Really excited to see if more Sophomores step up and have some success. The offense should be pretty decent. Hopefully Cook can stay healthy as he can make an impact. 

7 hours ago, Gipper said:

Absolutely!  Turf fields, massive stadiums, corporate sponsorships, etc. are nice, but legends like Red Grange and Jim Thorpe didn't have them.

It’s not even all that, its the love of the game for me. Most 1A guys aren’t playing in college and just play for the love of the sport and love for their teammates and community. 

• Like 3