Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2021

Irishman

RB Sampson James, a former 4-star from Avon that initially flipped from OSU to IU, has entered the transfer portal.  He did this previously but pulled out when a new RB coach was announced. Now, I think he saw the writing on the wall with being listed as a backup on the initial fall 2-deep roster. The young man needs to get his head straight and go to a MAC, or maybe even Marian University (or similar program). 

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

RB Sampson James, a former 4-star from Avon that initially flipped from OSU to IU, has entered the transfer portal.  He did this previously but pulled out when a new RB coach was announced. Now, I think he saw the writing on the wall with being listed as a backup on the initial fall 2-deep roster. The young man needs to get his head straight and go to a MAC, or maybe even Marian University (or similar program). 

I read that as well.  Pretty late in the game to pull that move.

IU's RB coach has quite the resume.  Not sure what was said to James, but I would have liked to see him battle it out.  It seems regardless of #1 or #2, he would have had the chance to get carries and prove himself out on the field.  But as you said, this isn't his first time entering the portal.  Hope he has success finding the right fit.  

I also have to wonder if he was close to graduating.....

On 8/11/2021 at 2:22 PM, Staxawax said:

Unfortunately, James never quite deserved that 4 star rating he got coming out of high school.  He did not appear to have the speed or elusiveness at Avon to be a P5 RB.  

50 minutes ago, DT said:

Unfortunately, James never quite deserved that 4 star rating he got coming out of high school.  He did not appear to have the speed or elusiveness at Avon to be a P5 RB.  

I agree. Although an injury in the Ben Davis game his senior year in my opinion has effected him ever since.

56 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Although not on the 2-deep fall roster, Charlie Spegiel of New Pal is starting to turn some heads.  I'd look for him on special teams this season.

Congrats and all due respect to Charlie, but wouldn't it be fun to watch him rush for 1600 yards and 20 touchdowns for one of the service academies instead of doing special teams at IU?

Just sayin'

Just now, DT said:

Congrats and all due respect to Charlie, but wouldn't it be fun to watch him rush for 1600 yards and 20 touchdowns for one of the service academies instead of doing special teams at IU?

Just sayin'

Id certainly be watching

9 hours ago, DT said:

Just sayin'

Id certainly be watching

This won't be a fair comparison until Charlie's junior or senior season.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:22 PM, Staxawax said:

James just tweeted he's committed to Purdue.

Edited by Bash Riprock

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 10:38 AM, temptation said:

Two previous statements from Temp:

1.  While they may give some fans a warm and fuzzy feeling, bowl wins are an overrated metric in today’s era of college football.

2.  Put me down in permanent marker for under 7 wins for the Hoosiers.

Bump.  

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

“Indiana is the biggest threat to Ohio State in the big ten.”

- MULTIPLE media sources this summer 

Thinking the players were reading too much off season hype like that. 

That said, I was not really impressed with either Penn State or Wisconsin. The Wisconsin Iowa game will be for the West title. Iowa played very well today. 

6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That said, I was not really impressed with either Penn State or Wisconsin. The Wisconsin Iowa game will be for the West title. Iowa played very well today. 

Why is it that a low scoring Big Ten game is most often referred to as a “slugfest” whereas a low scoring SEC matchup gets the “masterpiece” moniker?

I’d be very surprised if PSU and Wisconsin are not both top 15 at the end of the season.

28 minutes ago, temptation said:

Why is it that a low scoring Big Ten game is most often referred to as a “slugfest” whereas a low scoring SEC matchup gets the “masterpiece” moniker?

I’d be very surprised if PSU and Wisconsin are not both top 15 at the end of the season.

I will take "the amount of NFL talent" for $100 Temp.

I thought that game was downright embarrassing. But it reached a new low when I was watching highlights on ESPN this morning, and they show an IU player on the sideline, #33, and “Indiana” on his jersey is misspelled “Indinia.” I mean, that’s just humiliating.

14 hours ago, Irishman said:

I thought Wisconsin’s offense was extremely weak.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I thought Wisconsin’s offense was extremely weak.

Oh I did too but isn’t that to be expected in game 1 AFTER a Covid year?

Clemson and Georgia too, right?  Or was that just “great defense?”

Edited by temptation

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh I did too but isn’t that to be expected in game 1 AFTER a Covid year?

Clemson and Georgia too, right?  Or was that just “great defense?”

A little of both but the Badgers got to the one yard line more than once and came away with nothing.  Their tailbacks  and Sasquatch OL should normally shine in those situations.

3 minutes ago, Gipper said:

A little of both but the Badgers got to the one yard line more than once and came away with nothing.  Their tailbacks  and Sasquatch OL should normally shine in those situations.

THAT, I can agree with.  I bet Paul Chryst was up all night after that game.