Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2021

Irishman

On 11/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, HHF said:

Ouch!  But that is the IU we have known for 30 years since Coach Mallory was run out of town.  

IU played today? That's how relevant this team is. 

IU has a history of poor decisions that cost the university dearly. Obviously Bob Knight. But since this is a football forum, the firing of Bill Mallory turned out to be embarrassing. Then getting rid of Dinardo was borderline brain dead. 

10 hours ago, BTF said:

IU played today? That's how relevant this team is. 

IU has a history of poor decisions that cost the university dearly. Obviously Bob Knight. But since this is a football forum, the firing of Bill Mallory turned out to be embarrassing. Then getting rid of Dinardo was borderline brain dead. 

Im not sure that Tom Allen has the necessary experience to lead the program out of this mess.  LEO and all the motivational stuff will only go so far.  At some point, the players tune it out.  The minute that Rutgers hired Schiano, I knew it was only a matter of time that RU would pass IU in the BT pecking order.  Same will happen with Illinois and Bielema.  Our program is in big trouble and one could make the argument that IU is dead last today in the BT in terms of overall program quality and potential.  

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Im not sure that Tom Allen has the necessary experience to lead the program out of this mess.  LEO and all the motivational stuff will only go so far.  At some point, the players tune it out.  The minute that Rutgers hired Schiano, I knew it was only a matter of time that RU would pass IU in the BT pecking order.  Same will happen with Illinois and Bielema.  Our program is in big trouble and one could make the argument that IU is dead last today in the BT in terms of overall program quality and potential.  

What's the biggest takeaway this year? Was IU overrated last year because other teams were down because of covid? Or is it more about the fall off in quarterback play?

6 hours ago, BTF said:

What's the biggest takeaway this year? Was IU overrated last year because other teams were down because of covid? Or is it more about the fall off in quarterback play?

Of course last year was an aberration

This year is much closer to the 40 year statistical norm than last year was.  

6 hours ago, Grover said:

I'll submit that the braindead move was bringing in Dinardo.

Everything IU has done over the last three decades has been braindead. A group of sports minded high schoolers could run the athletic department better than they do. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:37 PM, temptation said:

If they had Carson Steele in the backfield, they’d be 8-2 (ducks…).

Hey SA.....Steele couldn't be any worse than the current stock of backs they have....that is the ones that haven't already entered the transfer portal and left.

I am going to the game this weekend against Minnesota....I have a good buddy that is a Gopher grad coming down from the Twin Cities for the game.  I tried to talk him out of it....I really did....

One thing is for sure, we can pretty much sit where we want......silver lining.....

What a poop show IU.....

13 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I am going to the game this weekend against Minnesota....I have a good buddy that is a Gopher grad coming down from the Twin Cities for the game.  I tried to talk him out of it....I really did....

One thing is for sure, we can pretty much sit where we want......silver lining.....

What a poop show IU.....

This is the first year that I voluntarily did not go to a game at Bloomington.  
And I’ve been through some bad coaches in my time. 

• Like 1

Was at Memorial Stadium for the Minnesota game Sat.  A good buddy and Gopher grad came down for the game from the Twin Cities.

Embarrassing....all around.  Very few people in the stands, and after taking a 7-0 lead, Minnesota laid it on them 35-7.  Lost for words.

Get this season over....will be interesting to see what happens with the program during the off-season.

At least it was a nice late November day for a game and tailgating.  No issue getting to Btown with the Martinsville detours....because people stayed home.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Was at Memorial Stadium for the Minnesota game Sat.  A good buddy and Gopher grad came down for the game from the Twin Cities.

Embarrassing....all around.  Very few people in the stands, and after taking a 7-0 lead, Minnesota laid it on them 35-7.  Lost for words.

Get this season over....will be interesting to see what happens with the program during the off-season.

At least it was a nice late November day for a game and tailgating.  No issue getting to Btown with the Martinsville detours....because people stayed home.

YEARS ago, it was selected as the best place to watch bad football. As far as atmosphere, it is up there. Tailgating is a blast, and this time of year is a great time to be in Bloomington. I have not been there to see the last round of renovations, but look forward to a time when I can get back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

YEARS ago, it was selected as the best place to watch bad football. As far as atmosphere, it is up there. Tailgating is a blast, and this time of year is a great time to be in Bloomington. I have not been there to see the last round of renovations, but look forward to a time when I can get back. 

I gave up on IU after after a few weeks and quit following. I was told today that they had 15-20 guys out all year from either covid or injury. Any truth to that? 

Didn't mean to quote Irishman on this statement. Just adding to the topic. 

Edited by BTF
Additional wording
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BTF said:

I gave up on IU after after a few weeks and quit following. I was told today that they had 15-20 guys out all year from either covid or injury. Any truth to that? 

Didn't mean to quote Irishman on this statement. Just adding to the topic. 

yeah....I checked the depth charts a couple weeks ago, and found that of the 18 returning starters, there was maybe 6 still playing. The rest were injured. 

50 minutes ago, Irishman said:

yeah....I checked the depth charts a couple weeks ago, and found that of the 18 returning starters, there was maybe 6 still playing. The rest were injured. 

Didn't even realize that. My focus has been on the Top 25 this year. So Tom Allen shouldn't take TOO much heat for this season?

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

Didn't even realize that. My focus has been on the Top 25 this year. So Tom Allen shouldn't take TOO much heat for this season?

Not really......takes a LONG time to build depth. My only issue as far as coaching went was sticking with Penix as long as he did. I appreciate and understand all that Penix has been through, but it was obvious from the start that he was not the same player he was a year ago. 

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Not really......takes a LONG time to build depth. My only issue as far as coaching went was sticking with Penix as long as he did. I appreciate and understand all that Penix has been through, but it was obvious from the start that he was not the same player he was a year ago. 

I think coaches over commit and develop personal relationships with their quarterbacks more so often than other positions. I could be wrong, just an observation. 

16 hours ago, Irishman said:

The pre-game was awesome.  As usual, we tailgated in the Woodlawn area just south of the stadium.  That area in the "woods" is awesome.  We had the grill out with smash burgers, brats, dogs, sides and beverages.  Was with my family and my Minnesota buddy.....our youngest is a junior and we had some of her sorority sisters and friends join us.  Our oldest (also an IU grad) and her Penn State hubby was there wearing IU stuff to support the cause.  As a Dad and hubby, had an absolute blast with  family and friends.

The stadium is so nice with the renovations.  My Gopher buddy, season ticket hold for Minn, kept commenting how much nicer the stadium looked now since his last trips.  Unfortunately, it was empty with a good portion being Gopher fans.  My fear is that the fans have really been let down this year....may be a challenge getting a large portion to return.  But, get down there when you can for a game.  Buy you parking pass with your tickets and get the grass lot, which is Woodlawn.  Hard to beat that portion of the game experience....if only the home football was better....LOL!

• Like 1