Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2021

Irishman

Me and everybody else knows Allen had this guy,Bell, hired after th 4th game of the season this year. Quick decision  but not a hurry up hire. I think he was very well (vetted). While Bells delve into head coaching didn’t go very good, seems like he was on some pretty good staffs at some high profile programs. Maybe a sleeper for Allen to land. Hope so.  

29 minutes ago, southend said:

Me and everybody else knows Allen had this guy,Bell, hired after th 4th game of the season this year. Quick decision  but not a hurry up hire. I think he was very well (vetted). While Bells delve into head coaching didn’t go very good, seems like he was on some pretty good staffs at some high profile programs. Maybe a sleeper for Allen to land. Hope so.  

Paper resume was nice but success not so much. Was apart of some very good offenses at Arkansas State but was ok at Maryland and FSU. Maryland averaged in the 20's in ppg and FSU averaged 19 ppg against P5 opponents in 2018 and rushing attack netted barely over 3 yards/carry.

Like most Allen hires, this a guy that was likely recommended, assuming by Willie Taggart whom both have served under as coordinators. I hope Bell works out but obviously very hesitant given his past. For Allen's sake it better as this hire will likely determine his future. 

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed two big names in the IU outbound transfer portal

Reece Taylor and Cam Williams

Williams is a sure fire pro.

Another very bad sign

IU football is heading towards the abyss.  I predicted 3-9 this season.  2020 was a mirage.  Cant believe so many bought into it.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-4-star-commit-omar-cooper-jr-evaluating-changes-at-indiana-before-signing/?fbclid=IwAR0DBk6o8VC8YMeg4Yo1zUTUt1ATwLMHrUHv9xwQ9KhkuTF3Hzu4MBfG3SI

54 minutes ago, HHF said:

This just rubs me the wrong way

“We did our homework on him (Bell), so we wanted to know, has he seen my son play, what were his thoughts, how he thought he would use my son, what were his plans to develop (Donaven) McCulley, and probably most importantly my son wanted to get to know him and try to build a relationship with him,” Cooper, Sr. said.

3 hours ago, HHF said:

Noticed two big names in the IU outbound transfer portal

Reece Taylor and Cam Williams

Williams is a sure fire pro.

Another very bad sign

IU football is heading towards the abyss.  I predicted 3-9 this season.  2020 was a mirage.  Cant believe so many bought into it.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-4-star-commit-omar-cooper-jr-evaluating-changes-at-indiana-before-signing/?fbclid=IwAR0DBk6o8VC8YMeg4Yo1zUTUt1ATwLMHrUHv9xwQ9KhkuTF3Hzu4MBfG3SI

IU football fans beginning to mirror IU basketball fans?

15 minutes ago, southend said:

Results of a revolving door of coaches, that has plagued indiana for years, don’t have the deep pockets at this point to hold onto the good ones. Amplified now by transfer portal.  

Hoeppner was the guy.  Teams were so easy root for.  Not so much with Wilson and Allen.

Edited by temptation