Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
itiswhatitis

Linton Miners @ Eastern Greene T'Birds

Shocker to say the least...everyone can have a "stinker" during the season I understand- but the Miners can't feel good about this one heading into sectional play. 

I say there is a new heavy favorite in town. And thank you for the comment tho. 

Just now, southend said:

I say there is a new heavy favorite in town. And thank you for the comment tho. 

Coming from the guy that didn't even know Eastern Greene was 1A. Ignorance is bliss. 

1 hour ago, WWFan said:

35-12 E.G. Final

Wow!  Nice Job Coach P.!

Congratulations to Gibson Southern grad Joey Paridaen and his Eastern Green team on the big win!

Just now, TitanPride said:

Congratulations to Gibson Southern grad Joey Paridaen and his Eastern Green team on the big win!

Agreed, I know his brother. Big win by JP tonight! 

• Upvote 2

I thought EG would win this but not nearly by that many, what happen? Was anyone there?

Have to wonder if the E.G. players and staff heard/read things like Lintons schedule drops off at seasons end or Linton picks the score? 

Edited by Peter Simon Veeder
  • Upvote 1

No disrespect to Linton fans or posters!! But I think a lot of people chalked this game as a W. I did as well. Congratulations  to Eastern Greene on a big win, and good luck to both teams going forward!

1 hour ago, sbriant20 said:

I thought EG would win this but not nearly by that many, what happen? Was anyone there?

Neutral observer---wasn't a fluke. Eastern appeared to want it more. Hamilton was magnificent for Eastern, incredibly strong-willed runner--enough of a passer to keep the defense from stacking the box. Turnovers hurt Linton as far as the final score---but straight up Eastern was better in every facet, except penalties.

Congrats to eastern Greene....they wanted it more.   The mistakes Linton has been making finally caught up.  Opening drive 76 yards 11pkays, Linton up 6 zip. 3 and out for eg...Linton eg 48... Can't convert 4th and short in red zone.   Eastern hit on big 3rd and long 43 yard pass to miner 20.. then score. 14-12 at half for thirds.  They scored with 0:54 on a blown coverage..but a terrific play be Hamilton getting away from a sack to hit Weiner wide open from 38.  Start of 3rd miner frosh cb House makes a pick at mid field....but miners fumble right back.  EG drives and scores..20-12. Linton answers by driving into red zone 1st and goal at ,5.  Pitch out hits the ground..eg recovers. The Campbell busts out a 74 yard td run.  Pretty much over.  Linton had earlier reached red zone and a 4th down pass was dropped at the 9.  Overall 5 to's for Linton...but eastern was more physical....Hamilton 100 plus rushing...130 I think. Cox 120 for Linton.  Gonna be a interesting week in miner land.  Great atmosphere...eastern fans elated as we're the players.  I think it was the biggest win in program history.  

On 9/30/2017 at 11:37 PM, SEAL_63 said:

Hmmm...this one is interesting. I want to believe that EG is even better than a year ago. I guess what I don't understand is why they weakened their schedule. Last year they had LCC and 3A Mt. Vernon from the Big 8. I would think they would've added to that rather than make it softer. It's just really hard to gauge them based on who they've played. Outside of Mitchell, I don't see anything that's even close to a quality win. North Daviess, Wood Memorial, Edinburgh have a combined 1-17 record.

With that said, I think EG will get multiple scores on Linton. You generally don't shut out teams who average 55 pts a game. It's not gonna be enough though. They've not seen any team close to the caliber of Linton...I'll take the Minors by 3 scores. 

I'll admit I was wrong, as were so many others. Congrats to Eastern. There road ahead looks bright with a possible trip to Lucas Oil at the end. 

Tough one to swallow for the Minors...no time to dwell on it. One more weak to prepare for the gauntlet that is Sectional 40..

10 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Must be super sloppy and wet tonight.

It's easy for people to make comments like that AFTER the game is over.  Funny how that works.  IF, the T'Birds keep the intensity they played with last night, you could very well see them at Lucas Oil Thanksgiving weekend.  Kiser vs Hamilton.  I'd go watch that game!  

I have no dog in the fight, but the pregame posting was making it appear as though Linton was the unbeatable powerhouse and Eastern Greene was an upstart program with no chance.  Gotta be prepared for some pokes when you talk up your team so much.  Good luck in the gauntlet...

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

It's easy for people to make comments like that AFTER the game is over.  Funny how that works.  IF, the T'Birds keep the intensity they played with last night, you could very well see them at Lucas Oil Thanksgiving weekend.  Kiser vs Hamilton.  I'd go watch that game!  

Seeing that I couldn't care any less who won the game, and that I am an alum of Columbus East, I don't care when I make the comment. Pretty sure you made the comment if it was good weather Linton would win rather easily. It must have been a monsoon over there. 

44 minutes ago, tango said:

I have no dog in the fight, but the pregame posting was making it appear as though Linton was the unbeatable powerhouse and Eastern Greene was an upstart program with no chance.  Gotta be prepared for some pokes when you talk up your team so much.  Good luck in the gauntlet...

Exactly.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Seeing that I couldn't care any less who won the game, and that I am an alum of Columbus East, I don't care when I make the comment. Pretty sure you made the comment if it was good weather Linton would win rather easily. It must have been a monsoon over there. 

Exactly.

And trolls most generally don't care.  LOL  Pretty sure I own that comment and would make it 100 times out of 100.  Not the first time I've been wrong.  As I said, it's easy for others to sit back and pass judgment AFTER a game is over.  I didn't see you on here predicting that Eastern would win.  Typical.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, itiswhatitis said:

And trolls most generally don't care.  LOL  Pretty sure I own that comment and would make it 100 times out of 100.  Not the first time I've been wrong.  As I said, it's easy for others to sit back and pass judgment AFTER a game is over.  I didn't see you on here predicting that Eastern would win.  Typical.

You were 100% wrong on this one.. I'll agree with you on that. Glad we can agree :) 

Congrats to Coach Paridean and Coach Creamer! Both GS alums.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

You were 100% wrong on this one.. I'll agree with you on that. Glad we can agree :) 

And that makes you what?  So superior as a human?  Yes, I too am glad we can agree....that you are trolling.  LOL

13 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

And that makes you what?  So superior as a human?  Yes, I too am glad we can agree....that you are trolling.  LOL

Yes, superior.. 

13 hours ago, sbriant20 said:

Eastern was/is the superior team.  Costly turnovers by the Miners possibly kept the game from being closer. 

Maybe this will get the miners to get seriously refocused.... we've sorta been on flatlining emotionally since week 4. We got out played. Eg made the big plays, and not just Hamilton.  I was impressed with their defense. Terry and southern at ilb were dominant.  Hopefully this will rattle the team into realizing they gotta get serious again....and right the mistakes we've been getting by with. Congrats coach Paridaen!

1 hour ago, kingtut said:

Eastern was/is the superior team.  Costly turnovers by the Miners possibly kept the game from being closer. 

I always trust your analysis!

i look for the Miners to regroup and make a run in the postseason. It’s been awhile since the Miners have faced adversity in the regular season. 

1 hour ago, Miner Pride said:

Maybe this will get the miners to get seriously refocused.... we've sorta been on flatlining emotionally since week 4. We got out played. Eg made the big plays, and not just Hamilton.  I was impressed with their defense. Terry and southern at ilb were dominant.  Hopefully this will rattle the team into realizing they gotta get serious again....and right the mistakes we've been getting by with. Congrats coach Paridaen!

Congrats to EG! Im really liking their chances in 1A South!