Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HHF/GID Interview with Parke Heritage Head Coach Brian Moore

Guest DT

HHF Interview with Parke Heritage Head Coach Brian Moore

Coach Moore has the PH program humming after just 3 seasons of play and the Wolves are highly experienced and skilled as they look to advance deeper into the post season.

Hello Coach Moore and thanks for joining us at Hoosier High School Football

Question 1
You have had immediate success at PH since taking over the new program 3 seasons ago. What did you see in the Parke Heritage opportunity that drew you back to the sidelines after leaving Lafayette Jeff after the 2015 season?
Question 2
Your community has really come out and supported this program, despite the rivalries that existed pre consolidation. How has that support contributed to your quick success on the field?
Question 3
Heading into your fourth season, what would you characterize as the primary areas of strength with this current roster. Conversely, where do you see the need for the most improvement?
Question 4
What have been the biggest challenges relative to bringing all the individual stakeholders together to buy intro one collective vision for PH since stepped into this role?
Question 5
You had a very solid 10-2 season in 2019, dropping a hard fought sectional title game to North Vermillion. Cesrtainly you had great momentum heading into 2020, and then COVID hits. Did that situation set your program back a bit, and do you feel your team is fully ready to rebound and get back on track towards even more post season success
Question 6
The Wabash River Conference is a solid football league with good balance from top to bottom. What is your assessment of the WRC heading in to the 2021 season, and where does your team fit into the mix?
Question 7
An interesting addition to your 2021 schedule is the nuetral site matchup with Adams Central in Week 3, at Pendleton Heights High School. This is a great example of creative scheduling that we rarely see amongst Indiana high schools. How did this game come about, and do you plan on more of this type of scheduling in the future?
Question 8
What will be your basic offensive and defensive schemes for the upcoming season, and who are some of your top returning players who will be counted on to make a difference on game nite this season?
Question 9
What are your thoughts on the Success Factor's impact on overall competitive balance, and would you like to see any changes made either to the SF or to the state tournament setup that might provide for a better potential outcome for all Indiana high schools?

Responses
1. I really never left the sidelines. I was still coaching at FC while being the AD. But, the PH job was of particular interest to me because I would be able to be in the weight room every day during school with the kids and I knew that Rockville and Turkey Run always had good kids throughout the years. I knew we would be able to compete and that the community would back us big time. It was an awesome opportunity to "start" a new program as well. I was right, it has been a great experience.

2. Our community support is 2nd to none. Our people love athletics and love to support all of our programs at PH!

3. It is no secret, we have to get better on Defense! And, running the football. If we do, we have a chance to have a special season. Our overall physical strength throughout the program needed improvement and we have made huge strides in this area!
Our strength is in our passing game and our skill kids. We have a lot of talent. We can throw the ball extremely well. I believe we will be able to run it better than we ever have in the first 3 years. I also think our defense will be much improved.

4. I have not seen very many challenges in bringing the 2 separate schools together. The kids have bought in since day 1. It has been pretty seamless.

5. We played in the Sectional title game again this year and lost a heartbreaker to a really good South Putnam team. We are still moving in the same direction.

6. The WRC should be very competitive again this season. I see a lot of teams being very talented and in the mix. I think we are definitely one of those teams.

7. We needed a week 3 game. So, our AD went looking for one. We found Adams Central, but since they are 4 hours away, that wasn't very feasible. So, we decided to get a quality game against a very high level opponent, we would look for neutral site in between to make the game possible. Rich Schelsky worked with the head coach at Pendleton Heights, so he reached out to them and the rest is history. It will be a great Class A matchup and the type of game our program needs if we are going to continue to improve.

8. We are a Spread offensive team. We have some really talented skill kids returning including our QB, Christian Johnson, receivers Noble Johnson and Anthony Woods and two Linemen returning, brothers Gavin and Colby Johnston.
Our Defense returns LB Mikey Tidwell, DT- C.D. Engle and DB's Noble Johnson, Anthony Woods and Christian Johnson. We have some very special kids stepping into the other positions. We also feel we will have more depth than ever before and can play multiple kids at various positions.

9. I absolutely hate the Success Factor. I don't like the fact that teams are penalized for being successful. It makes no sense to me. I don't think it accomplishes the goal it was implemented for. (If I understand the goal correctly) Just my opinion. God Bless.

Thanks Coach and appreciate you spending time with us. Best of luck on the coming season.
Tim Phillips
Hoosier High School Football

LParke-Heritage-South-Vermillion.jpg

download (44).jpg

images (13).jpg

unnamed.jpg

5d8d85cfb5c0c.image.jpg

LOVE it and LOVE the honesty (while speaking of the SF).

IMO, too much "political correctness" in today's world.  Too many tip-toe around subjects for whatever reason.

Go get 'em PH.

@DT, thank you again for your efforts.

2 of my favorite interviews were Coach Shattuck and Coach Moore's.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DE said:

LOVE it and LOVE the honesty (while speaking of the SF).

IMO, too much "political correctness" in today's world.  Too many tip-toe around subjects for whatever reason.

Go get 'em PH.

@DT, thank you again for your efforts.

2 of my favorite interviews were Coach Shattuck and Coach Moore's.  

I also enjoyed Coach Knigga at Lawrenceburg  Straight to the point guy

3 minutes ago, DT said:

I also enjoyed Coach Knigga at Lawrenceburg  Straight to the point guy

You are absolutely correct.  I did read it.  I really enjoyed his honesty and answers, too.

I guess Im not all that surprised about the lack of post interview discussion.  Once you get out of the SIAC/PAC conference threads, most discussion here on The GID trends more towards macro level issues that impact the sport rather than micro issues that can be discussed at the individual school/team level.  Its really a "read and move on" philosophy.  Kind of like when we all used to read the daily newspaper.  These interviews are a bit of a throwback to that time.  We dont always want things blasted at us like on you tube or twitter or whatever other media tool is available.  

Our demographic here is 40-60 educated males.  We generally like to read.  I know I do.  

Over on facebook, Hoosier High School Football will attract a lot of female readers who love their local football coaches and will share the content with friends, neighbors, associates and whomever is in their network.  

Possibly the most dedicated constituency are the coaches themselves, including staffs at all levels.  Coaches love to see what other coaches are doing and thinking.  These interviews open that door wide open

Edited by DT

4 minutes ago, DT said:

I guess Im not all that surprised about the lack of post interview discussion.  Once you get out of the SIAC/PAC conference threads, most discussion here on The GID trends more towards macro level issues that impact the sport rather than micro issues that can be discussed at the individual school/team level.  Its really a "read and move on" philosophy.  Kind of like when we all used to read the daily newspaper.  These interviews are a bit of a throwback to that time.  We dont always want things blasted at us like on you tube or twitter or whatever other media tool is available.  

Our demographic here is 40-60 educated males.  We generally like to read.  I know I do.  

I think it is a very interesting and entertaining addition to the GID.

We get to know more about coaches, programs, players, communities, etc. from all over the state.

This all leads me to do research on all of the above to further my knowledge of football and the state.

Really enjoy these.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE said:

I think it is a very interesting and entertaining addition to the GID.

We get to know more about coaches, programs, players, communities, etc. from all over the state.

This all leads me to do research on all of the above to further my knowledge of football and the state.

Really enjoy these.

Right now as we speak, there are 8 members on line, and about 30 guests browsing.  Many of those guests are likely coaches.

The GID has an active membership base of 1600.  They have the ability to reach out to that membership and draw them back in 

Acivity here has been on a steep decline now for several years.  Only The GID admin has the capability to do the outreach necessary to pump some juice back into the site.

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I’d be interested to hear your thoughts.

I suggested to Coach Nowlen that The GID do an email blast to all current and former members, alerting them to the start of the new season, and inviting them to come back and check out the new content (interviews)

Nothing has happened as of yet.

My biggest concern, on behalf of GID members, is that without Coach Nowlen's involvement, it is highly unlikely that GID will raise the funds needed to keep the site running.  We may very likely be in the midst of our final season here.

I think the fact that the North has one 5 straight is overrrated and vastly irrelevent.

The South decided to come into this game with a plan to win.  They put more thought into positional selection and purposely selected a bigger, stronger team with a plan to overwhelm the North.

Thats what happened.

The players are bigger and faster in Indy at all levels, 1A thru 6A.  Thats why the East-West split gives a better equal distribution of talent.  It might also make the game a little more interesting knowing that the big Indy conferences (MIC/HCC/Mid State/Circle City/) as well as the NCC , The Hoosier, The NLC  and CI would have schools represented on both sides.  

23 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Be shocked if Parke Heritage doesnt win the Sectional this year.  Lots of talent coming back and at least 3 "transfers" that just so happen to move to Central Parke county and they coincidentally play football.  

Did Moore find Herbs Amish pipeline? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 10:32 PM, CheapSeats said:

Be shocked if Parke Heritage doesnt win the Sectional this year.  Lots of talent coming back and at least 3 "transfers" that just so happen to move to Central Parke county and they coincidentally play football.  

So are you inferring that they are recruiting and making offers to families to move their sons to Parke County?  Could it be that families are looking for an opportunity for their sons to play football?  Is it wrong for parents to not want their kid to play for one of the Terre Haute schools and play in a successful, small-town atmosphere?

There are transfers all over the state.  Success attracts players who want some recognition and the opportunity to play for championships.  I say good for them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

So are you inferring that they are recruiting and making offers to families to move their sons to Parke County?  Could it be that families are looking for an opportunity for their sons to play football?  Is it wrong for parents to not want their kid to play for one of the Terre Haute schools and play in a successful, small-town atmosphere?

There are transfers all over the state.  Success attracts players who want some recognition and the opportunity to play for championships.  I say good for them.

I guess it depends on the circumstances of the transfer. I swear to God it does. If it’s for sports only it illegal. STATE LAW!