1 hour ago, DT said:

Big Ten goes to 16 schools in new North - South Alignment

North

Nebraska /Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Northwestern/Michigan/Michigan State/Rutgers

South

Kansas/Iowa State/Illinois/Purdue/Indiana/Ohio State/Penn State/Maryland

south 

Missouri/Iowa state/Illinois/Purdue/Indiana/Ohio St./Penn St./Maryland

Missouri and Iowa St. have varsity wrestling teams. This aligns with the rest of the conference. 

2 minutes ago, southend said:

south 

Missouri/Iowa state/Illinois/Purdue/Indiana/Ohio St./Penn St./Maryland

Missouri and Iowa St. have varsity wrestling teams. This aligns with the rest of the conference. 

Kansas will be coming to the Big Ten.  I dont think the BT wants anything to do with the Mizzou-Kansas nastiness.  Missou lines up perfectly in the SEC West

2 hours ago, DT said:

Absolutely love the new West - East divisional lineup for The SEC

Makes perfect sense and great balance 

Preserves current rivalries and renews old ones 

West

Oklahoma

Texas

A&M

Arkansas

Missouri

LSU

Mississippi

Mississippi State

East

Alabama

Auburn

Georgia

Florida

Tennessee

Vandy

Kentucky

South Carolina

Where does O$U, Michigan, Clemson and Florida St. fall?

Just now, Irishman said:

Just some history though….Government stepping in is what created the NCAA. Not saying I disagree, just adding perspective. 

With all these moves, it appears they are trying to break away from the NCAA.

Since government was brought into this, here is one I can get behind....

Repeal the 16th Amendment, continue to raise tariffs, then let the government get involved here.

Win, win, possible win.

Edited by DE

2 hours ago, DE said:

Since government was brought into this, here is one I can get behind....

Repeal the 16th Amendment, continue to raise tariffs, then let the government get involved here.

Win, win, possible win.

I'm fine with that. As long as I keep getting my muda security check. The best is yet to come.

• Sit and spin 1

On 7/23/2021 at 10:05 AM, DE said:

Or THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Let me toss this out for all.  I will exclude ND (though if I was a betting man and they had to join a conference, it will be the ACC or BIG West Division).  I am also not taking into account other schools leaving/entering a new conference.

Would a school like Kentucky ever leave the SEC?  Join the BIG?

OU and UT to SEC, which obviously expands.

Iowa St./Kansas/Kansas St. to BIG.

Baylor and OKSU to PAC

TCU/TTU will join a "super conference" of their own with the likes of the Mountain West/WAC/Conference USA/etc.

***Is TCU's/TTU's brand big enough for the PAC or BIG?

WVU to ACC.

1. Doubt it. I would welcome them with open arms though. Personally, if looking for a bordering state, I think they're the best option. 

2. Agreed. I am starting to wonder though if this is just a ploy for them to get more money out of the Big 12 as the two schools that clearly carry the conference. I can't wrap my head around the fact they would willing put their athletic programs into the meat grinder of the SEC. Men's basketball is really the only large revenue sport I can think of that wouldn't be at an immediate disadvantage. 

3. Ugh. Boring. Rather see the Big Ten stand still than to admit those 3. 

4. Not likely. I can't imagine the ultra libs in California, Washington, and Oregon partnering up with a conserviate Christian school in Texas as well as Oklahoma State. I would like to see the B1G give Oklahoma State a look.

5. Similiar to 4, TCU is isn't a cultulral fit with a majority of the Pac 12. Same with Texas Tech. Cal-Berkley fans will demand action from Pelosi after watching Cowboys and Red Raiders firing pretend guns. Should any Power Conference want them? I could see TCU, Texas Tech, and Baylor being forced to partner up with the American Athletic.

6. Same as 5. Not sure anyone is going to actively want West Virginia. They may be forced to join up with the American Athletic.

7. Texas A&M and Missouri: They left the Big 12 to escape Texas' arrogance. Will they leave the SEC if Texas comes? If so, they should be prime B1G targets. 

8. Is all of this a mute point? I'm reading that 11 of the 14 SEC members would have to approve the addition. I can't imagine Arkansas, Missouri, and A&M will vote yes. Wil anyone else vote no? Arkansas gladly escaped Texas when they left the old Southwest for the SEC. 

9. Do I have my head in the sand? Is this inevitable? Going back to 2. I can't believe this is actually happening. Just read that OU and Texas announced they are not renewing their grant of rights agreement with the Big 12. 

10. I'm not entirely convinced this will lead to B1G, ACC, and Pac 12 expansion. The leftovers from the Big 12 are not highly desirable schools. I could see them being consumed by the Mountain West/American Athletic or see a new Conference develop from a mix of those Conferences along with the remaining BIg 12 members. I rather bring on Central Florida, Notre Dame, or raid the ACC than accept any of the Big 12 rejects. 

Edited by Boilernation

55 minutes ago, southend said:

I don’t think Kansas will be invited to the BIG. Besides the  two schools that might leave, I’m with Boiler on this, the rest of the schools are rejects.  

If we’re talking about football, Oklahoma State is no “reject.” They would immediately challenge Wisconsin in the B1G West, as presently constituted.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bobref said:

If we’re talking about football, Oklahoma State is no “reject.” They would immediately challenge Wisconsin in the B1G West, as presently constituted.

Oklahoma State is really the only leftover the B1G should consider. I think they have a great wrestling program as well. There's nothing to gain by adding Iowa State and the Kansas schools. At that point you're just adding for the purpose of adding. I'm targeting Notre Dame (obvious), Central Florida (largest Public school in Florida/access to Florida market), Georgia Tech (great academics/access to Atlanta market), A&M, and Missouri before trying to add Iowa State and the Kansas schools. I would extend feelers to the Virginia and Carolinas ACC schools before talking to Iowa State and the Kansas schools. The B1G payout per school dwarfs the ACC payout. One thing is for certain, the B1G could really use Delany right now to navigate the waters. Hopefully, Kevin Warren is consulting with him.

Edited by Boilernation

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

1. Doubt it. I would welcome them with open arms though. Personally, if looking for a bordering state, I think they're the best option. 

2. Agreed. I am starting to wonder though if this is just a ploy for them to get more money out of the Big 12 as the two schools that clearly carry the conference. I can't wrap my head around the fact they would willing put their athletic programs into the meat grinder of the SEC. Men's basketball is really the only large revenue sport I can think of that wouldn't be at an immediate disadvantage. 

3. Ugh. Boring. Rather see the Big Ten stand still than to admit those 3. 

4. Not likely. I can't imagine the ultra libs in California, Washington, and Oregon partnering up with a conserviate Christian school in Texas as well as Oklahoma State. I would like to see the B1G give Oklahoma State a look.

5. Similiar to 4, TCU is isn't a cultulral fit with a majority of the Pac 12. Same with Texas Tech. Cal-Berkley fans will demand action from Pelosi after watching Cowboys and Red Raiders firing pretend guns. Should any Power Conference want them? I could see TCU, Texas Tech, and Baylor being forced to partner up with the American Athletic.

6. Same as 5. Not sure anyone is going to actively want West Virginia. They may be forced to join up with the American Athletic.

7. Texas A&M and Missouri: They left the Big 12 to escape Texas' arrogance. Will they leave the SEC if Texas comes? If so, they should be prime B1G targets. 

8. Is all of this a mute point? I'm reading that 11 of the 14 SEC members would have to approve the addition. I can't imagine Arkansas, Missouri, and A&M will vote yes. Wil anyone else vote no? Arkansas gladly escaped Texas when they left the old Southwest for the SEC. 

9. Do I have my head in the sand? Is this inevitable? Going back to 2. I can't believe this is actually happening. Just read that OU and Texas announced they are not renewing their grant of rights agreement with the Big 12. 

10. I'm not entirely convinced this will lead to B1G, ACC, and Pac 12 expansion. The leftovers from the Big 12 are not highly desirable schools. I could see them being consumed by the Mountain West/American Athletic or see a new Conference develop from a mix of those Conferences along with the remaining BIg 12 members. I rather bring on Central Florida, Notre Dame, or raid the ACC than accept any of the Big 12 rejects. 

Pelosi🤣

She'd spit out her dentures or drop her vodka tonic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southend said:

I don’t think Kansas will be invited to the BIG. Besides the  two schools that might leave, I’m with Boiler on this, the rest of the schools are rejects.  

You would not want KU basketball in the Big Ten?

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Oklahoma State is really the only leftover the B1G should consider. I think they have a great wrestling program as well. There's nothing to gain by adding Iowa State and the Kansas schools. At that point you're just adding for the purpose of adding. I'm targeting Notre Dame (obvious), Central Florida (largest Public school in Florida/access to Florida market), Georgia Tech (great academics/access to Atlanta market), A&M, and Missouri before trying to add Iowa State and the Kansas schools. I would extend feelers to the Virginia and Carolinas ACC schools before talking to Iowa State and the Kansas schools. The B1G payout per school dwarfs the ACC payout. One thing is for certain, the B1G could really use Delany right now to navigate the waters. Hopefully, Kevin Warren is consulting with him.

Agree....OK State has great facilities.  Strong in wrestling, baseball and golf...basketball has been solid.  Not sure about the academic rankings and how they fit with the Big 10.  I've heard Iowa is already pushing hard for Iowa State.  

Hard to see GT, UVA and Carolina's ever leaving the ACC....but then again, hard to see all the changes happening now a few years ago.....

I think Texas and perhaps even OU may learn what Arkansas learned leaving the SWC for the SEC....winning is going to get a whole lot tougher......

16 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

No and No. Two of the dirtiest coaches in College Basketball? Hard pass even if the new NIL rules make it easier for $elf. 

I see you are referring to Self.  Who is the other you are referring too?  Drew?