Jump to content

Brebeuf 4 Star Strickland Commits to Purdue


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DT said:

Something tells me Brohm is not long for West Lafayette.

Given his contract, I'm not sure what you expect to happen.  Purdue can't afford to fire him even if they wanted to and nobody else is going to pay that large a salary for his recent results at Purdue.  Barring something scandalous, he's going to be there at least another couple seasons.  And unless those seasons are either extremely good.....or extremely bad.....he'll probably be there another couple seasons beyond that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, XStar said:

Why?

Because momentum in both recruiting and progress in each program is going in opposite directions and losing a top flight in-state recruit with Purdue ties to a rival school who historically hasn't recruited all that way would not have been a good look. 

1 hour ago, XStar said:

Given his contract, I'm not sure what you expect to happen.  Purdue can't afford to fire him even if they wanted to and nobody else is going to pay that large a salary for his recent results at Purdue.  Barring something scandalous, he's going to be there at least another couple seasons.  And unless those seasons are either extremely good.....or extremely bad.....he'll probably be there another couple seasons beyond that.  

As an IU fan I can get on board with this and hope it plays out this way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest DT
6 hours ago, XStar said:

Given his contract, I'm not sure what you expect to happen.  Purdue can't afford to fire him even if they wanted to and nobody else is going to pay that large a salary for his recent results at Purdue.  Barring something scandalous, he's going to be there at least another couple seasons.  And unless those seasons are either extremely good.....or extremely bad.....he'll probably be there another couple seasons beyond that.  

The honeymoon for Brohm ended a long time ago and it seems like season after season of continued mediocrity in WLF.  Brohm is not the wizard offensive mind many thought he was and his defenses are as bad as they were expected to be.  After a quick start, recruiting has settled into a mid BT place , better than Hazell but not the promise that the early classes offered.  Honestly, I think Brohm will get bored with this job.  

I think he will move on and his next gig, despite his lackluster PU record,  will either be a very high profile college job  (UCLA/Oregon/Arizona State/Penn State/Miami FL) or an Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator job in the NFL.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DT said:

The honeymoon for Brohm ended a long time ago and it seems like season after season of continued mediocrity in WLF.  Brohm is not the wizard offensive mind many thought he was and his defenses are as bad as they were expected to be.  After a quick start, recruiting has settled into a mid BT place , better than Hazell but not the promise that the early classes offered.  Honestly, I think Brohm will get bored with this job.  

I think he will move on and his next gig, despite his lackluster PU record,  will either be a very high profile college job  (UCLA/Oregon/Arizona State/Penn State/Miami FL) or an Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator job in the NFL.  

As a coordinator? As a head coach, I could see him going back to a mid major.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DT said:

The honeymoon for Brohm ended a long time ago and it seems like season after season of continued mediocrity in WLF.  Brohm is not the wizard offensive mind many thought he was and his defenses are as bad as they were expected to be.  After a quick start, recruiting has settled into a mid BT place , better than Hazell but not the promise that the early classes offered.  Honestly, I think Brohm will get bored with this job.  

I think he will move on and his next gig, despite his lackluster PU record,  will either be a very high profile college job  (UCLA/Oregon/Arizona State/Penn State/Miami FL) or an Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator job in the NFL.  

This will be sort of a make or break year IMO.

Injuries combined with Temptation’s Covid pass means the jury is still out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, temptation said:

This will be sort of a make or break year IMO.

Injuries combined with Temptation’s Covid pass means the jury is still out.

The Jimmy speaks.  Or is it Ricky?  ^^^

I don't care who you are, speaking in the 3rd person cracks me up, every time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest DT
5 hours ago, BTF said:

As a coordinator? As a head coach, I could see him going back to a mid major.

HC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hypothetical…..lol

 

brebeuf and Gibson Southern meet in the playoffs

 

does Joe take it easy on Brady allen if he has a chance at a sack? Or does he show him how practice is going to be at Purdue for the next 3+ Years 

 

I kid I kid….it’s great to see Joe commit to Purdue. I’ve seen for a few years that he has been training with Robert Mathis and look forward to seeing him on Saturdays with Brady in the future 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, temptation said:

This will be sort of a make or break year IMO.

Injuries combined with Temptation’s Covid pass means the jury is still out.

Context is everything with Brohm. Flipped an awful program to two straight bowl games his first two years then had two years of unprecedented injuries/Covid. Was he perfect, no. Is he actually currently on a hot seat? Absolutely not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thor77 said:

Context is everything with Brohm. Flipped an awful program to two straight bowl games his first two years then had two years of unprecedented injuries/Covid. Was he perfect, no. Is he actually currently on a hot seat? Absolutely not. 

He has another 4-8, 5-7 type season he most certainly should/will be on the hot seat. You don’t pay a coach $6mil/yr to go sub .500 three consecutive years. Don’t care what the circumstances are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

He has another 4-8, 5-7 type season he most certainly should/will be on the hot seat. You don’t pay a coach $6mil/yr to go sub .500 three consecutive years. Don’t care what the circumstances are.

Agreed.  (We gotta stop doing this.)

I think this is a make or break year.  

(I also think all of the momentum Allen is building in Bloomington certainly doesn’t help.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, Footballking16 said:

Because momentum in both recruiting and progress in each program is going in opposite directions and losing a top flight in-state recruit with Purdue ties to a rival school who historically hasn't recruited all that way would not have been a good look. 

"Momentum" is as good as your next game, changes all the time, and is way overrated.  After 2018, Purdue had all the momentum in the series.  IU has it now.  None of that really matters going forward.  One verbal commitment doesn't change a thing in that regard.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 10:19 PM, DT said:

The honeymoon for Brohm ended a long time ago and it seems like season after season of continued mediocrity in WLF.  Brohm is not the wizard offensive mind many thought he was and his defenses are as bad as they were expected to be.  After a quick start, recruiting has settled into a mid BT place , better than Hazell but not the promise that the early classes offered.  Honestly, I think Brohm will get bored with this job.  

I think he will move on and his next gig, despite his lackluster PU record,  will either be a very high profile college job  (UCLA/Oregon/Arizona State/Penn State/Miami FL) or an Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator job in the NFL.  

One injury-ravaged season in 2019 and a worthless, covid-ruined 2020 with a huge mistake at DC that has since been taken care of.  It hasn't been good since 2018 but his contract is too good for him to walk away from, too much for another school to want to match right now, and too much/long for Purdue to buy it out.  He's not going anywhere in the next 15 months whether anyone wants it or not, and as a Purdue fan I can only speak for myself but I don't.  It's not like we're not even in games like the Hazell era.  Let Hagen improve the defense.  Let the offensive line mature.  Stay healthy.  Win some of the close games that have gone the other way (like Minnesota and the PI call last year) and things will be fine.  No need to panic and overreact.

Edited by XStar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, Footballking16 said:

Because momentum in both recruiting and progress in each program is going in opposite directions and losing a top flight in-state recruit with Purdue ties to a rival school who historically hasn't recruited all that way would not have been a good look. 

As an IU fan I can get on board with this and hope it plays out this way. 

#LEO

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...