Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL 2021 Season

Bobref

48 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Buffalo Bills owner threatens to move team if he doesn’t get public funds for new stadium: https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/buffalo-bills-owner-threatens-to-move-team-if-he-doesnt-get-public-funds-for-new-stadium

Even if Mr. Pegula has the money to build a new stadium himself you might as well try and threaten... errr ask the public for that sweet, sweet taxpayer money first, right?

Let him move then. In the modern NFL, Indianapolis continued the trend started by the Raiders over 25 years ago. Amazing that Indy is a trendsetter at anything.

54 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Buffalo Bills owner threatens to move team if he doesn’t get public funds for new stadium: https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/buffalo-bills-owner-threatens-to-move-team-if-he-doesnt-get-public-funds-for-new-stadium

Even if Mr. Pegula has the money to build a new stadium himself you might as well try and threaten... errr ask the public for that sweet, sweet taxpayer money first, right?

I still feel that if the Indy Mayor had called Irsay’s bluff, the Colts would have stayed, and the city would be much better for it, buuuuuuuut noooooooo. 

I think Buffalo is in the same spot. The town holds all the leverage. St. Louis already let the Rams go….and the Cardinals before them. No way a team gets any deal from that town. There are not really any other decent sized markets left for the Bills….that I can think of. 

6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I still feel that if the Indy Mayor had called Irsay’s bluff, the Colts would have stayed, and the city would be much better for it, buuuuuuuut noooooooo.

I was referring to the move from Baltimore in my comment. I had forgotten about the Lucas Oil tantrum by Irsay. The elder Irsay called Baltimore's bluff in '84.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Irishman said:

I think Buffalo is in the same spot. The town holds all the leverage. St. Louis already let the Rams go….and the Cardinals before them. No way a team gets any deal from that town. There are not really any other decent sized markets left for the Bills….that I can think of. 

there used to be talk years ago about Toronto.  But I am not sure about tax structures, and they have a CFL team.  If I can remember correctly, didn't Buffalo play an occasional game there?

I keep seeing Austin mentioned....given city size and UT, is that viable?  Portland?  I just kind of struggle seeing those cities as options.

San Diego as an option?  That sounds strange.

https://www.thecoldwire.com/cities-bills-could-move-to-if-they-relocate/

At the end of the day. I just don't see the Bills moving.  They will get their downtown stadium

Justin Fields takes over as Bears' starting quarterback vs. Browns with Andy Dalton out

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bears/2021/09/22/justin-fields-starting-quarterback-chicago-bears-andy-dalton-matt-nagy/5815686001/

The Justin Fields era has begun in Chicago.

Days after Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy was adamant that Andy Dalton would remain the starter, he announced Wednesday that the rookie Fields will start at quarterback Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

“He was pretty stoic,” Nagy said of Fields’ reaction upon receiving the news. “He’s a guy that has a lot of confidence in himself and I think it rubs off on his teammates.”

Fields relieved Dalton in the second half during a Week 2 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals after Dalton exited with a knee injury that will keep him “week to week,” Nagy said. Nagy also couched the Fields announcement by saying he plans for Dalton to resume his starter role once healthy.

Good luck to young Mr. Fields.  Let's hope he stays the starter and has-been Mr. Dalton can stay on the bench.

Things just keep happening to the Lions. Is there a record for the number of different ways you can lose a  game? They MUST have it if there is. I did not see the game, but saw a post from Mike Greenberg that said the play before should have been a delay of game. 

But....66 yards for the record......oh, and it bounced through....unreal

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Things just keep happening to the Lions. Is there a record for the number of different ways you can lose a  game? They MUST have it if there is. I did not see the game, but saw a post from Mike Greenberg that said the play before should have been a delay of game. 

But....66 yards for the record......oh, and it bounced through....unreal

I’m pretty convinced God hates the Lions.

• Like 1

Seems Urban Meyer may be finding out another difference between college and the NFL. Being the hero that he was to Columbus likely afforded him some protection from such things, but while struggling in Jacksonville, everyone is watching. 

hello….USC? Yeah, Urban here. 🤷🏼‍♂️

https://itsgame7.com/new-angle-shows-exactly-what-urban-meyer-did-with-hand-video/ 

Because of roster issues, the staff tried making him an inside linebacker. The reality was that he was an edge pass rusher. But, being the team guy, he tried bulking up to play inside; and everything changed for him. He was slower, and less athletic, and just did not have the instincts needed. Someone will pick him up and move him back outside. 

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'OCBSSPORTS OCBS SPORTS NFL ROSTER UPDATE THE DALLAS COWBOYS HAVE RELEASED LB JAYLON SMITH'

On 10/4/2021 at 4:18 PM, Irishman said:

Seems Urban Meyer may be finding out another difference between college and the NFL. Being the hero that he was to Columbus likely afforded him some protection from such things, but while struggling in Jacksonville, everyone is watching. 

hello….USC? Yeah, Urban here. 🤷🏼‍♂️

https://itsgame7.com/new-angle-shows-exactly-what-urban-meyer-did-with-hand-video/ 

Is it possible Urban didn't want to use the health card again so he decided being filmed while feeling up a young girl was a better way to meet his demise? All kidding aside, he should be another reminder to college coaches that you may not want to test the NFL waters, especially when you're going to a dismal situation. 

The great thing about Urban possibly getting back into College ranks is whoever hires him is essentially admitting they put wins above ethics.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Gruden gets fired the same season the NFL hired Dre, Snoop, and Eminem among others to play the Super Bowl half time show? Too funny. Grudens emails were love letters compared to the lyrical work of those 3. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Gruden gets fired the same season the NFL hired Dre, Snoop, and Eminem among others to play the Super Bowl half time show? Too funny. Grudens emails were love letters compared to the lyrical work of those 3. 

While I am not a fan of the halftime performers either, Gruden’s problem was that he was referring to specific people; not just once either. And his attacks were toward people connected to the NFL. If most of us attacked our employer like that, we would be out of jobs as well. 
Let’s keep in mind that part of what Gruden was doing that lead to this moment was part of the ongoing investigation involving his brother and the front office with Washington. It seems to have been quiet for a couple years, but building up steam now. From what I recall, some pretty nasty stuff about sexual harassment of females who worked for the team and the front office there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Irishman said:

And his attacks were toward people connected to the NFL.

The initial e-mail made fun of DeMaurice Smith. Head of the NFLPA. In other words, a black man who represents a lot of other black men, some of whom are now supposed to play hard for Gruden. As soon as the first e-mail came out, you knew how this was going to end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I have no problem with Gruden being fired. I just enjoy the hypocrisy of who is going to be singing the halftime show. Plenty of misogynistic and homophobic lyrics in their past.

Forget LYRICS.  Look up Dre’s checkered past of violence and abuse against women..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I have no problem with Gruden being fired. I just enjoy the hypocrisy of who is going to be singing the halftime show. Plenty of misogynistic and homophobic lyrics in their past.

Hypocrisy by whom? Gruden quit, he wasn't fired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, Irishman said:

Saint Louis DIDN'T let the Rams "go".   Kroenke had it made up all along to get back to LA and increase his franchise's value....via Jerry Jones' leadership.   And Kroenke screwed Shad Khan by pulling his right of 1st refusal when Georgia died....Kroenke knew all along what he was going to do!  

The Cardinals left, because all the area asked is that Bill Bidwill put a winning team on the field.  They had numerous viable Stadium projects on the table.  And he was promised a stadium in Phoenix.....took more than a decade for him to see that realization, so he played in a Collegiate stadium.  

The issue with Saint Louis is simple.  The City of Saint Louis and Saint Louis County are completely separate entities.  They have separate tax bases, separate approaches to governmental oversight and are basically at odds on everything. There are to my knowledge only 3 major urban areas that are separate from the surrounding county that abuts them:  Baltimore, MD being one of them, and another in Nevada.  

Saint Louis had an expansion franchise in the bag, then blew it when the group over played their hand with the terms of the TWA Dome lease.....  RIP Walter Payton (Sweetness).  He was the ultimate person who was hurt by this situation.  So a Saint Louisan got a franchise in Jacksonville instead.....And here we are.  

Let the LAWSUITS continue, and the NFL will lose for lying all along to Saint Louis!  

Can someone send me a list of the requirements for the Bucs’ “ring of honor?”

Based on my findings it doesn’t sound like a place Warren Sapp should be either.

Of course, I’ll get accused of deflecting from the real issue but have we reached the point (I do not condone one thing said by Gruden) where words outweigh actual ACTIONS?

If so, a slippery slope.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Can someone send me a list of the requirements for the Bucs’ “ring of honor?”

Based on my findings it doesn’t sound like a place Warren Sapp should be either.

Of course, I’ll get accused of deflecting from the real issue but have we reached the point (I do not condone one thing said by Gruden) where words outweigh actual ACTIONS?

If so, a slippery slope.

To clarify; Sapp's trouble was post career; correct? The incident that cost him his job at NFL Network? I was no fan of his, but cannot recall at the moment anything he did while playing.