• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL 2021 Season

Bobref

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Guess I'm a hater then.

image.png.413a7654b32fb927610a06181359ae92.png

Sorry for the potato quality.

Impressive running is more impressive than impressive passing.  Just saying.

Eh, I have to disagree.  Rodgers' numbers combined with the top overall record in the league is damn hard to ignore.

Broader question, why is running more impressive than passing?

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Eh, I have to disagree.  Rodgers' numbers combined with the top overall record in the league is damn hard to ignore.

Broader question, why is running more impressive than passing?

Because it takes more athletic skill and more buy-in from the offensive team.

Edited by Muda69

36 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I don't think you can do either very effectively without an offensive line.  Certainly not at an MVP level.

Oh I agree but I think that it is a bit shortsighted to claim that rushing is more impressive than passing.  A lot more can go wrong when passing and better decision making is paramount.

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh I agree but I think that it is a bit shortsighted to claim that rushing is more impressive than passing.  A lot more can go wrong when passing and better decision making is paramount.

I would add, as an old line coach, that in the NFL, there is more work involved over the course of a given play with pass pro than there is in run blocking. The o line has to stay engaged in a block for longer periods of time; they have to adjust to a QB scrambling, and I would add that pass protection schemes can be more complicated than run blocks, and there are more pass pro schemes than there are run blocking schemes. The run game is far more often a zone blocking scheme; step right or left and take on whatever crosses your path; if the path is clear, go up to the next level. 

28 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I would add, as an old line coach, that in the NFL, there is more work involved over the course of a given play with pass pro than there is in run blocking. The o line has to stay engaged in a block for longer periods of time; they have to adjust to a QB scrambling, and I would add that pass protection schemes can be more complicated than run blocks, and there are more pass pro schemes than there are run blocking schemes. The run game is far more often a zone blocking scheme; step right or left and take on whatever crosses your path; if the path is clear, go up to the next level. 

Not disagreeing, just don't ask the NY Giants to scheme up blocking Robert Quinn in a normal pass rush front.

Quinn was lined up to the Giants left (wide 5 technique).  Instead of having your left OT block him (with the possibility of help from a RB), you guessed it, the Giants pulled their center to block him.  Needless to say, this experiment worked as well as you are picturing it.

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Jonathan Tayler for MVP.  These primadonna quarterbacks need to be put in their place.

Have you been watching Hard Knocks (In-season version) with the Colts?  Good stuff.

Tell you what.  That Colts team has some pretty solid leadership in that locker room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I get it...its a QB league, especially in today's era.  But Taylor wouldn't be the first RB to win MVP.

But, at the end of the day...I expect a QB to win MVP....and Rogers is having one heck of a year.  I do wonder if his "likability" will come into play.  It shouldn't, but with the media...one never knows.

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I get it...its a QB league, especially in today's era.  But Taylor wouldn't be the first RB to win MVP.

But, at the end of the day...I expect a QB to win MVP....and Rogers is having one heck of a year.  I do wonder if his "likability" will come into play.  It shouldn't, but with the media...one never knows.

I see it more as a team that is going to scrape its way into the playoffs vs a team that is going to be the #1 overall seed.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I see it more as a team that is going to scrape its way into the playoffs vs a team that is going to be the #1 overall seed.

So a Most Valuable Player has to come from a #1 overall playoff seed?  Really?

9 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So a Most Valuable Player has to come from a #1 overall playoff seed?  Really?

No but putting up great stats/being the star on a Super Bowl contending team > putting up stats on a mediocre playoff bubble team.

(And I’m a Colts fan by the way.)

No but putting up great stats/being the star on a Super Bowl contending team > putting up stats on a mediocre playoff bubble team.

(And I’m a Colts fan by the way.)

MVP’s shouldn’t just be mainly QB’s on only SB contending teams….but I do understand what the award has become 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

MVP’s shouldn’t just be mainly QB’s on only SB contending teams….but I do understand what the award has become 

Oh I agree but 2021 allowed us to see what happens when you take the best player in the league off of the field.

Check the Green Bay/Kansas City box score from the game Rodgers missed.  Green Bay didn’t score until 55 minutes of game clock had passed.

It just so happens he IS the most important player on his team AND they are the best team in the league.

Edited by temptation

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh I agree but 2021 allowed us to see what happens when you take the best player in the league off of the field.

Check the Green Bay/Kansas City box score from the game Rodgers missed.  Green Bay didn’t score until 55 minutes of game clock had passed.

It just so happens he IS the most important player on his team AND they are the best team in the league.

We shall see if they are the best team in the league. Great regular season. But let’s allow the playoffs decide. 

Edited by Bash Riprock

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

We shall see if they are the best team in the league. Great regular season. But let’s allow the playoffs decide. 

Just speaking in the present.  The MVP award is given before the Super Bowl but ballots are due before the playoffs begin.

So you understand that your “let’s wait and see if they are the best team in the league” comment has no bearing on the MVP selection process.

Cmon…it was based on YOUR comment of them being the best team in the league. NOTHING to do with the selection process. 

Less can be more…..