Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL 2021 Season

Bobref

Just now, Bash Riprock said:

Cmon…it was based on YOUR comment of them being the best team in the league. NOTHING to do with the selection process. 

Less can be more…..

Can only base the vote/my statement on what we know right now, no?

13-2 with Rodgers in the starting lineup, 0-1 (and 7 points in that loss) without him.

35/4 TD to INT ratio.  Should be a slam dunk unless politics get involved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

13-2 with Rodgers in the starting lineup, 0-1 (and 7 points in that loss) without him.

GB would hardly be the first team favored to win the SB, and didn’t. That’s why we let games play out and my comment was about year end being the best team. That’s what matters. 

As I already stated, Roger’s has had a great year, and in a league that places a massive focus on the QB, I expect him to win. But I understand people that make an argument for Taylor. 

You don’t need to keep making a case with me. I don’t really care one way or another…all good

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

GB would hardly be the first team favored to win the SB, and didn’t. That’s why we let games play out and my comment was about year end being the best team. That’s what matters. 

As I already stated, Roger’s has had a great year, and in a league that places a massive focus on the QB, I expect him to win. But I understand people that make an argument for Taylor. 

You don’t need to keep making a case with me. I don’t really care one way or another…all good

I’m not sure what you are even arguing anymore.

48 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Just didn’t align with some of your comments. Not always so cut and dry as you’d like it to be. 

Seems like it started as a discussion of the merits of potential NFL MVP candidates and you chose to hang on to my “Green Bay is the best team in the league” take just so you could argue about something.

Edited by temptation

18 hours ago, temptation said:

Sound to me like their offense should be a bit more balanced. You know, like running the damn ball.

15 hours ago, temptation said:

Seems like it started as a discussion of the merits of potential NFL MVP candidates and you chose to hang on to my “Green Bay is the best team in the league” take just so you could argue about something.

says the guys that comments on every dang post.....constantly blowing the the horn

How many times did I say given the NFL formula in today's era focusing on the QB, Rogers will most likely win?  But I don't agree with some of what you say....much of what you say sometimes. That includes your comments about GB as a team.

I should have let your comments go considering the expected response....that's on me.  But you have the same option.....

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Sound to me like their offense should be a bit more balanced. You know, like running the damn ball.

Every time I’ve watched the Packers, they seem to run the ball well. 

How about the NFL’s money grab, prime time game last night?

It was like watching a pre season game. 

59 minutes ago, DE said:

How about the NFL’s money grab, prime time game last night?

It was like watching a pre season game. 

Meh,  don't know about a money grab, the games had to be played to end the regular season.  Chiefs/Broncos game was mostly entertaining.  That 2nd game was a snooze-fest, too many starters resting for the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Meh,  don't know about a money grab, the games had to be played to end the regular season.  Chiefs/Broncos game was mostly entertaining.  That 2nd game was a snooze-fest, too many starters resting for the playoffs.

Saturday prime time.  In Philadelphia against the Cowboys.  

Not a fan of the 17th game…THAT’S the real money grab.  More opportunities for teams that are in good playoff position to rest starters.

You’ve got a Colts team playing for everything today against a Jacksonville team that BENEFITS from losing.  Pointless.

Plus, the OCD side of me hates the fact that some teams get 8 home games while others get 9.

Edited by temptation

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not a fan of the 17th game…THAT’S the real money grab.  More opportunities for teams that are in good playoff position to rest starters.

You’ve got a Colts team playing for everything today against a Jacksonville team that BENEFITS from losing.  Pointless.

Plus, the OCD side of me hates the fact that some teams get 8 home games while others get 9.

Make the regular season 18 games 😉

I know, I know.

Watched the Bears today.  They were atrocious.  Vikings, how can you not get Justin Jefferson at least 1 more touch on that last drive to break Moss' record.  ***Note JJ did drop a quick NOW route in his last target.***

Love Gus Johnson, but the guy with him is awful.  Made the game even more difficult to watch.

Time to start the Harbaugh Era this week in Chicago.

Some interesting first round match ups in the NFC's first round. The 9ers look like the hot team going into the playoffs. Their run game vs. the Dallas defense will be interesting. The Rams Cardinals game is interesting.......having played each other twice already. Both offenses seem to be struggling a bit here at the end of the season. 

As a Packers fan, the two teams that worry me are the Bucs and the Niners. 

9 hours ago, DE said:

Saturday prime time.  In Philadelphia against the Cowboys.  

Again, Meh.  It's no secret the networks with the NFL contract love to show games at AT&T Stadium, SoFi Stadium, and whatever the heck the New Orleans superdome is sponsored by.  As for outdoor stadiums they drool over Lambeau for some stupid reason.

I think temp mentioned this scenario about a tie tonight between the Chargers and the Raiders leading to both teams making the playoffs. If that is true, why wouldn’t they just kneel until the clock runs out and end in a tie ball game?

The winner gets in and the loser is out. Correct?

30 minutes ago, DE said:

I think temp mentioned this scenario about a tie tonight between the Chargers and the Raiders leading to both teams making the playoffs. If that is true, why wouldn’t they just kneel until the clock runs out and end in a tie ball game?

The winner gets in and the loser is out. Correct?

Because if they colluded like that, the Commissioner would fine them both about $5 million, and they’d probably lose draft choices as well. Among other reasons, the betting community would be up in arms.

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

Because if they colluded like that, the Commissioner would fine them both about $5 million, and they’d probably lose draft choices as well. Among other reasons, the betting community would be up in arms.

Saw and heard some live mikes from the Raiders/Chargers game last night.  Seemed like viewers could hear more than usual.

46 minutes ago, temptation said:

Straight up this weekend…

Gimme Cincinnati, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Kansas City and LA.

I agree except for Dallas. I think the Niners dominate them, stopping short of taking their women folk……..at least until the number 6 dance that night. 

• Haha 1