Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL 2021 Season

Bobref

42 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I knew a couple people back in the day who were not Packers fans, they were Brett Favre fans and would follow him fervently even after he left Green Bay for the Jets then the Vikings.  

I wonder if the Mr. Rodgers has the same kind of following?

This would absolutely be the case.

On 1/25/2022 at 4:20 PM, Bash Riprock said:

I agree with your comment that I highlighted.  Your explanation included a fair number of hypotheticals..."could haves".  One thing we know, kicking the ball to the end zone eliminates "could haves".  No return, ball on the 25 yd line, and no time consumed.

Bottom line, the defense didn't get it done.  Somehow, they allowed an All-Pro TE run free down the middle of the field with the opposing team having 3 TO's at their disposal.  

At the end of the day, as with the Soprano's...its over.  Just hope this weekend's games are as good as last week.  Hope Cincy comes to play and has a better defense to make it a little harder on KC...easier said than done.

Looks like we agree. So many people are saying the touchback was by far the worst are option are not accurate. They were all very likely to succeed but required execution. The other options had a similar risk of low failure. They all should have worked. Just because this one didn't work had little to do with the decision to kick it into the end zone and more to do with the failure of the defense to make one play.

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I knew a couple people back in the day who were not Packers fans, they were Brett Favre fans and would follow him fervently even after he left Green Bay for the Jets then the Vikings.  

I wonder if the Mr. Rodgers has the same kind of following?

He does NOW. 

***See his “debates” regarding off field issues non football related.***

5 hours ago, JustRules said:

Looks like we agree. So many people are saying the touchback was by far the worst are option are not accurate. They were all very likely to succeed but required execution. The other options had a similar risk of low failure. They all should have worked. Just because this one didn't work had little to do with the decision to kick it into the end zone and more to do with the failure of the defense to make one play.

Good thing it didn’t go OUT of the end zone ON A FLY or else the Chefs would’ve gotten the ball on the 40. 

• 2 weeks later...

Super Bowl parking spots are selling for whopping $6,000 – more money than the game’s cheapest seats: https://www.the-sun.com/sport/4656386/super-bowl-parking-spots-whopping-price/

SUPER Bowl parking spaces are being sold for more than $6,000 as fans try to secure their spot just days before the big game.

Americans could end up paying more money than the game's cheapest seat- which stands at around $3,400 on Ticketmaster.

On StubHub, parking spots were going for as high as $6,200 and a space in The Forum parking lot - next to the stadium - was advertized on SeatGeek for more than $5,000, CBSLA reported.

One Twitter user said fans could park on his driveway for $3000 and would offer tortilla chips topped with guacamole, margaritas, and Cerveza Modelo beers so they "don't go to the stadium with an empty stomach".

Another posted: “If yall need some places to park, I got two spots. Lets negotiate, talk to me (sic).”

While a third commented: “Y’all can park at my house and I will personally take you/pick u up from Sofi for a fraction of this price.”

Some Twitter users have been left outraged by the whopping prices.

One said: “People just lose all reasoning ability and common sense, it’s just a football game.

A homeowner, who lives in Norwalk, California – around 30 miles from SoFi Stadium - offered a parking spot for $600.

The price includes a ride to and from SoFi stadium, CBSLA reported.

Meanwhile, some joked that for the whopping prices they would come to fans’ homes and replicate the Super Bowl in their backyard.

The Sun has found that the cheapest Super Bowl LVI verified resale ticket is being sold for $3,400 on Ticketmaster.

Fans face paying up to $180,000 for a single ticket.

Oh, life in California.

38 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Super Bowl parking spots are selling for whopping $6,000 – more money than the game’s cheapest seats: https://www.the-sun.com/sport/4656386/super-bowl-parking-spots-whopping-price/

Oh, life in California.

I am thinking this should just be a home game for whoever would be the highest seeded team any more. Everything about this game, and many times even the game itself, is just ridiculous. 

23 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I am thinking this should just be a home game for whoever would be the highest seeded team any more. Everything about this game, and many times even the game itself, is just ridiculous. 

I can see the logic in that, coming from a Packers fan.  Same with a Buffalo fan.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Hey T...don't chip your teeth putting the gun in your mouth.  Safety first!

Career 11-9 in the playoffs....5-3 at Lambeau.  1 SB win.  Not bad at all.  Just not MVP material in the post season

Does anyone think it’s odd that the season’s most valuable player is decided before the season’s most important games are played?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DE said:

Not me. 

Too many people get captured by the moment.  Recency bias would take over the award and the 17 game regular season would be forgotten.

The Heisman is also awarded prior to the bowl season.  Allows for a level playing field.

Edited by temptation

22 hours ago, Bobref said:

Does anyone think it’s odd that the season’s most valuable player is decided before the season’s most important games are played?

Arguably the season's most important games happen in the regular season in an effort to GET to the playoffs.  Then every next game is the most important game... but only if you make it that far. Lotta league MVPs on non SB-caliber teams over the years.

Just now, Bash Riprock said:

Playing games for all the marbles separate the wheat from the chaff

So only playoff teams should have candidates?  If a dude is the best player in the league and his team is 8-9, that tells me they’d probably be 2-15 without him…which meets the definition of “valuable.”

Just now, Esso Ayche said:

Arguably the season's most important games happen in the regular season in an effort to GET to the playoffs.  Then every next game is the most important game... but only if you make it that far. Lotta league MVPs on non SB-caliber teams over the years.

That is not always the case for MVP's.  Depends on the division and conference for the given year.  I've seen league MVP's pick up some pretty worthless stats over the final games.  

Just now, temptation said:

So only playoff teams should have candidates?  If a dude is the best player in the league and his team is 8-9, that tells me they’d probably be 2-15 without him…which meets the definition of “valuable.”

Never said that....

Saying playoff games should be a factor in the equation for those that play them.

May be a "value" to his team, but doesn't mean he is the " most valuable" of all teams

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

That is not always the case for MVP's.  Depends on the division and conference for the given year.  I've seen league MVP's pick up some pretty worthless stats over the final games.  

Never said that....

Saying playoff games should be a factor in the equation for those that play them.

May be a "value" to his team, but doesn't mean he is the " most valuable" of all teams

Can’t really disagree but as mentioned above, recency bias would play a large role.  I have no problem with it being a regular season award.

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Never said that....

I've seen MVPs pick up worthless stats in games 1-12 too. 

I guess the question is whether the MVP award should be regarded as a regular season accomplishment or not. My opinion is it should be a regular season award. Once upon a time not every team and their dog made the playoffs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Can’t really disagree but as mentioned above, recency bias would play a large role.  I have no problem with it being a regular season award.

I agree there is a potential for recency bias...there would have to be a more objective equation to reduce the subjectivity.  

4 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I agree there is a potential for recency bias...there would have to be a more objective equation to reduce the subjectivity.  

Not in 2022.  We are creatures of the moment and spout more hyperbole than any other time in my life time.

I mean, we have bracketology and bubble watches in December.

Give every player the same 17 game resume/application and let the chips fall where they may.

Side note, I’m sure Rodgers would much rather be suiting up tomorrow than celebrating this award.

Edited by temptation