NFL 2021 Season

Bobref

48 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Buffalo Bills owner threatens to move team if he doesn’t get public funds for new stadium: https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/buffalo-bills-owner-threatens-to-move-team-if-he-doesnt-get-public-funds-for-new-stadium

Even if Mr. Pegula has the money to build a new stadium himself you might as well try and threaten... errr ask the public for that sweet, sweet taxpayer money first, right?

Let him move then. In the modern NFL, Indianapolis continued the trend started by the Raiders over 25 years ago. Amazing that Indy is a trendsetter at anything.

54 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Buffalo Bills owner threatens to move team if he doesn’t get public funds for new stadium: https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/buffalo-bills-owner-threatens-to-move-team-if-he-doesnt-get-public-funds-for-new-stadium

Even if Mr. Pegula has the money to build a new stadium himself you might as well try and threaten... errr ask the public for that sweet, sweet taxpayer money first, right?

I still feel that if the Indy Mayor had called Irsay’s bluff, the Colts would have stayed, and the city would be much better for it, buuuuuuuut noooooooo. 

I think Buffalo is in the same spot. The town holds all the leverage. St. Louis already let the Rams go….and the Cardinals before them. No way a team gets any deal from that town. There are not really any other decent sized markets left for the Bills….that I can think of. 

6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I still feel that if the Indy Mayor had called Irsay’s bluff, the Colts would have stayed, and the city would be much better for it, buuuuuuuut noooooooo.

I was referring to the move from Baltimore in my comment. I had forgotten about the Lucas Oil tantrum by Irsay. The elder Irsay called Baltimore's bluff in '84.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Irishman said:

I think Buffalo is in the same spot. The town holds all the leverage. St. Louis already let the Rams go….and the Cardinals before them. No way a team gets any deal from that town. There are not really any other decent sized markets left for the Bills….that I can think of. 

there used to be talk years ago about Toronto.  But I am not sure about tax structures, and they have a CFL team.  If I can remember correctly, didn't Buffalo play an occasional game there?

I keep seeing Austin mentioned....given city size and UT, is that viable?  Portland?  I just kind of struggle seeing those cities as options.

San Diego as an option?  That sounds strange.

https://www.thecoldwire.com/cities-bills-could-move-to-if-they-relocate/

At the end of the day. I just don't see the Bills moving.  They will get their downtown stadium