Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2021 Packers

Irishman

Mixed bag in the first half. As talented as Green Bay is, they are not really good when they take deep shots. They really need to throw short more to set up the deep routes better……and run the ball. They are near unstoppable in the short game. I always say the key to the West Coast Offense, and should be the key to an offense like this…….move the chains……just get first downs. Seeing Dillon getting a lot of throws to him is a good thing too. The drive at the end of the first half was really impressive. 
One thing standing out is the poor special teams play……..way too many mistakes. 

And absolutely no excuse to give up that score late in the half. You HAVE to put pressure on the quarterback. A 4 man rush that becomes a 2 man rush is NEVER acceptable. 

44 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Tough game.  GB needs to figure a few things out, especially with going to Lambeau Field--South this coming Sunday.

I honestly think the outcome of this game will have a significant impact on the career trajectory of Matt Nagy. I believe Nagy has one, and only one, way to save his job in Chicago. He’s got to become Justin Fields’ “Quarterback Whisperer.” And then he’s got to hope Fields shows steady growth from here on out. That, more than wins and losses, will determine his fate.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

On 10/12/2021 at 12:38 PM, Bobref said:

I honestly think the outcome of this game will have a significant impact on the career trajectory of Matt Nagy. I believe Nagy has one, and only one, way to save his job in Chicago. He’s got to become Justin Fields’ “Quarterback Whisperer.” And then he’s got to hope Fields shows steady growth from here on out. That, more than wins and losses, will determine his fate.

“I still own you!!!”

—Aaron Rodgers

• Like 1

Fields is a difference maker. Another player that stood out was Roquan Smith. Man he can hit; reminds me of Singletary. 

As far as the Packers go; still take way too many deep shots. It's weird to think they are just not very good at it. When the run game and short passing game are going, it does open up an occasional deep route. 

196 yards rushing as a team on the day....not too shabby. 

The Packers played well with some significant injuries going in the game, and losing Savage during the game was tough. I will cut the red zone defense some slack with injuries. 

How about Kenny Clark? 2 HUGE sacks (that's what she said) late in the game.

Jaylon Smith saw some action and had one good QB pressure that made Fields throw early. If he is used as a rusher, they will be ok, but they had him in coverage a few times; not his strong suit. 

On to play WTF.....errr WFT lol at Lambeau......will be there in person, so the summary at this time next week MIGHT be a bit more entertaining. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

That's a well earned comment from Rodgers. I'm hoping this is really his last run with Green Bay.

One human being claiming to own another group of human beings in 2021???

Wonder if he will get cancelled

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

One human being claiming to own another group of human beings in 2021???

Wonder if he will get cancelled

Ha, well, the crowd was predominantly white males. I'm told they deserve every atrocity that comes their way, so the mob probably OK's the comments.

• Haha 2

Had a fantastic time. My view is in the picture I attached. It was a perfect day for football and tailgating. It was a solid win for the Pack. Things you don’t see on TV…..Rodgers hamming it up with the crowd in our end zone; other players interacting with fans at various points of the game. 
Jaylon Smith looked lost. He definitely lost some speed while he bulked up. I hope Green Bay sticks with him and gives him a chance to be more of an edge player. 
I hate the schedule setup at this point. Playing on a Sunday and then a Thursday seems ridiculous. Get teams coming off a bye at this point to play on Thursday nights. The playoff implications for this game are big. 
image.thumb.jpeg.2d2d439140028a653b6b02bcd269f093.jpeg

To add to the difficulty Of playing in Arizone Thursday, the team will be short handed. Add the D Coordinator to this list

image.thumb.jpeg.22f1446668c5253bcde28fe2081516b1.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Nothing more on Davante...and I agree

Ever since the days of James Lofton, we've been chucking it out to our flankers with great success.  Now, it's time for a new wrinkle.  Tonyan and Lewis (even AJ Dillon) fit that bill nicely.

• Like 1