Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tokyo Olympics

Irishman

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Really did not want to see this devolve like this….pretty sad

Not in the least bit interested in knowing who was not watching or why….it was simply a post to highlight something cool about the Olympics. Also not interested in the childish jabs back and forth……but the fact is that anyone from this country who is competing for this country….does not hate this country. It’s a ridiculous and childish notion to say otherwise. 

😂

Really did not want to see this devolve like this….pretty sad

Not in the least bit interested in knowing who was not watching or why….it was simply a post to highlight something cool about the Olympics. Also not interested in the childish jabs back and forth……but the fact is that anyone from this country who is competing for this country….does not hate this country. It’s a ridiculous and childish notion to say otherwise. 

But you go on to “love”/heart emoji thing one of Bobs posts. 😂 😂 😂 😂 

1 hour ago, DE said:

But you go on to “love”/heart emoji thing one of Bobs posts. 😂 😂 😂 😂 

he made a great post. 
just an fyi…..if you scroll over the heart, the word “like” pops up…….did not realize that reactions were so critical though. 
To think that someone is going to dedicate something between 8-12 years working their asses off with the goal of representing their country….because they hate it? 
yeah, makes perfect sense. 

• Thanks 2

he made a great post. 
just an fyi…..if you scroll over the heart, the word “like” pops up…….did not realize that reactions were so critical though. 
To think that someone is going to dedicate something between 8-12 years working their asses off with the goal of representing their country….because they hate it? 

You are the one who made the post about how the thread went a certain way (paraphrasing).  Just pointing out your hypocrisy. 👌 

Liberal icon, Bill Maher, had a few choice words for the olympics. 

Have a good one. 

he made a great post. 

Your opinion he made a great post. 

Does it say football in the description here? 

image.thumb.png.5734f031a66ff2d90fd4ed0e3b2c7b7b.png

6 minutes ago, DE said:

You are the one who made the post about how the thread went a certain way (paraphrasing).  Just pointing out your hypocrisy. 👌 

Liberal icon, Bill Maher, had a few choice words for the olympics. 

Have a good one. 

Your opinion he made a great post. 

Someone who left the forum vowing to never return….pointing out hypocrisy 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

he made a great post. 

Not sure if you are just that blind or are being purposefully aloof but it’s possible to LOVE your sport yet HATE your country at the same time.

These athletes are working their asses off because they love their sport and live in a country that allows them to profit off of that sport.

You think those air pods are blaring “God Bless America” and “America the Beautiful” when they are at the gym?

Come on man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not sure if you are just that blind or are being purposefully aloof but it’s possible to LOVE your sport yet HATE your country at the same time.

These athletes are working their asses off because they love their sport and live in a country that allows them to profit off of that sport.

You think those air pods are blaring “God Bless America” and “America the Beautiful” when they are at the gym?

Come on man.

Not buying it. Name the athletes that you think hate this country. Equating hate with wanting things to be better for others than they currently are are two COMPLETELY different things. Even if you do put together a list, of what 5? MAYBE 10 athletes? Out of how many that are competing for the US? Or do you just assume they ALL hate this country, or that there are actually very few that do like this country? 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Not buying it. Name the athletes that you think hate this country. Equating hate with wanting things to be better for others than they currently are are two COMPLETELY different things. Even if you do put together a list, of what 5? MAYBE 10 athletes? Out of how many that are competing for the US? Or do you just assume they ALL hate this country, or that there are actually very few that do like this country? 

There is an existing idiom about one bad apple spoiling the tree.

Sorry I don’t want to see/hear folks whom are benefiting from the perks that the very same country they are “wishing was better for others”.  But maybe that’s just me.

I also don’t like hearing folks who make 6-8 figures lecturing me about “injustice.”

10 hours ago, DE said:

Still wondering why this topic is not in the OOB forum?  

Because athletes, administrations, the NCAA, and professional owners decided that it's ok to mix business with politics. That's the unfortunately reality. Since we are discussing this in "The Next Level," bringing up politics should be considered acceptable since sports and politics now seem to go hand in hand. In my opinion, it wouldn't be appropriate in the High School message board. Let's keep high school athletics pure. Go to a game and support the kids who make up your local community. 

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

Back to the topic

Notre Dame has 20 athletes and alums participating…including one in the Paralympics. 
https://und.com/2020-tokyo-olympics-central/

That's pretty impressive. Kudos to the IU kids as well. The State of Indiana seems to be well represented!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

Sorry I don’t want to see/hear folks whom are benefiting from the perks that the very same country they are “wishing was better for others”.  But maybe that’s just me.

I also don’t like hearing folks who make 6-8 figures lecturing me about “injustice.”

This response didn't answer 1 of @Irishman's requests/questions. Try again.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Thank you. 

37 minutes ago, BTF said:

Because athletes, administrations, the NCAA, and professional owners decided that it's ok to mix business with politics. That's the unfortunately reality. Since we are discussing this in "The Next Level," bringing up politics should be considered acceptable since sports and politics now seem to go hand in hand. In my opinion, it wouldn't be appropriate in the High School message board. Let's keep high school athletics pure. Go to a game and support the kids who make up your local community. 

That's pretty impressive. Kudos to the IU kids as well. The State of Indiana seems to be well represented!

Yep. But doesn’t fit their narrative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Make a list of people who have truly succeeded with a victim mentality. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DE said:

Make a list of people who have truly succeeded with a victim mentality. 

I am not the one making the claim that people are acting like victims. Standing up for some belief that others are being treated poorly does not equate to those voices being victims themselves. You have never spoken up or taken a stand for someone that cannot do so themselves? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

It was not a strong field the owgr points equated to the rocket mortgage classic

I would say a field that had the top ten golfers in it ranked 26th or higher in the world is a strong field. Not like a regular tour tournament, sure, but that does not mean it was not solid/strong.