Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tokyo Olympics

Irishman

On 8/2/2021 at 8:15 PM, Irishman said:

Did you see my earlier post? Look up Melissa Stockwell. SHE is an amazing person. 
One of my favorite things about the Olympics is seeing stories like these that we normally do not hear about. 

If same person, been seeing her for weeks before the games. Beer commercials have been featuring her. 

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

This race was great to watch. Any of the first 3 could have won. 

May be an image of 2 people and text

Was happy for this young lady. Remembered her at age 17 in the Rio Olympics 5 years ago.  Great race breaking a world record last night with a total of 3 women very close as you indicated.  They mentioned her father just had a heart transplant.  

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

Can't believe all the olympic aficionado's haven't posted about wrestler, Tamyra Mensah-Stock.  Is it because of her post gold medal interview where she proclaims her love and adoration for the country she is representing.  The GREATEST country on Earth....THE USA!

Great job young lady!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DE said:

Can't believe all the olympic aficionado's haven't posted about wrestler, Tamyra Mensah-Stock.  Is it because of her post gold medal interview where she proclaims her love and adoration for the country she is representing.  The GREATEST country on Earth....THE USA!

Great job young lady!

Danny, I thought you told us you weren't watching?

On 7/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, temptation said:

You mean you don't like watching entitled athletes who seemingly hate their country use the Olympics as their "platform?"

On 7/30/2021 at 3:20 PM, DE said:

Nope!

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Danny, I thought you told us you weren't watching?

Sadly, it’s plastered all over every major media news outlet.  Shouldn’t be newsworthy for an Olympian to publicly show pride in competing for her country, but here we are.  

(But you already knew that.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DE said:

Great job young lady!

You could have just actually posted something as well... judgment free even. I was going to, but have not been on board much today. 

She is an incredible athlete and what a great personality. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

You could have just actually posted something as well... judgment free even. I was going to, but have not been on board much today. 

I did. 

Who was judging?  

Easy there ☘️

• Haha 1

👌 

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Looks like Kovacs is going to fall out of the ring every time he throws. 

Wow. Awesome show. Every throw Crouser made exceeded the old Olympic record. All 6.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Irishman said:

David Taylor is one bad dude........first 3 matches he won on tech falls, and now won the gold

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/david-taylor-makes-penn-state-history-at-the-tokyo-olympics/ar-AAMYrTd 

Shot put Silver medalist Joe Kovacs is also a Penn State alum.

https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/olympic-sports/joe-kovacs-wins-olympic-silver-in-the-shot-put

• Like 1